Adding "Break roots" to a horse CA

RetsReds

On 12/17/2020 at 12:45 PM, RetsReds said:

I'm wondering, how can I add a "break roots" effect to the horses' Leap CA?

Hmm, "mount_sprung" already has the "et_chance_break_root" property. 

As a side note, you can't add "et_chance_break_root" to a random spell, since it's not bonus-driven.

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, "mount_sprung" already has the "et_chance_break_root" property. 

Huh. I feel like I've tried to leap out of roots hundreds if not thousands of times and it has never worked. The horse does "teleport" to the chosen location but it doesn't "leap" and the roots always remain active after the "teleport/leap". What am I missing? I'm maxing out riding on all horse-using characters...

Edited by RetsReds
3 minutes ago, RetsReds said:

The horse does "teleport" to the chosen location but it doesn't "leap" and the roots always remain active after the "teleport/leap".

That means , the "et_chance_break_root"  token is not actually used by the "cSMHorseJump" eiState. Technically, you're out of luck, unless you utilize the upcoming(somewhere around the December 30th) next Addendum Beta iteration, where root breaking is resolved at the bonus type level.

2 hours ago, RetsReds said:

The horse does "teleport" to the chosen location but it doesn't "leap" and the roots always remain active after the "teleport/leap". What am I missing?

Pretty sure this happens with every single CA that "breaks" roots.  You move to the target location but remain rooted after arriving.  It's not the best.  This is why I set it to 100% chance in EE for all CA's. If it's going to be minimally useful at least it can always trigger.

By the way, "et_chance_break_root" is not present for this spell in the base game or CM Patch.  It's only on Leap in EE and, apparently, Addendum.

8 minutes ago, Flix said:

Pretty sure this happens with every single CA that "breaks" roots.  You move to the target location but remain rooted after arriving. 

Not the way the token is supposed to work. If it actually triggers, the root effect is cancelled.

My memory betrayed me there.  It does cancel the effect completely. 

I just tested all CA's on which it appears in EE, and it worked each time to immediately break the roots.  This includes the Horse's Leap CA.  The only difference I noticed is that the roots VFX remained on the Horse for a short time, but movement was unrestricted.

Conclusion: RetsReds isn't using one of our mods, and simply needs to add the spell token to the spell.

My Leap looks like this:

mgr.defineSpell( "mount_sprung", {
	eiStateName = "cSMHorseJump",
	fxTypeCast = "",
	fxTypeSpell = "",
	fxTypeCastSpecial = "",
	duration = 0.000000,
	animType = "",
	animTypeApproach = "",
	animTypeRide = "ANIM_TYPE_RIDESM02-HORSE",
	animTypeSpecial = "",
	causesSpellDamage = 1,