Happy New Years / Christmas DarkMatters 2020! - The Holiday Seraphim is here with light-bright busting action!

13 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

Hi all. I'm hoping for a Happy New Year for us all.

It has been a miserable Christmas for us again, it's like Christmas is cursed for me as everything bad seems to happen at Christmas. When my father died a few years ago it was on 23 December. My first marriage ended in a really bad breakup when my first wife told me she had found someone else and she wanted me to move out, that was the morning of Christmas Day. Two years ago my father-in-law died the week before Christmas. Last Year I was rushed to hospital with a series of heart attacks three weeks before Christmas. This year our little dog was taken ill on Christmas Eve and was put down on 27 December.

Now that Christmas is behind us it would be nice to hear happy things for the New Year, so do any of you have some good things to share for the New Year?

Quite the opposite here. My birthday is short before x-mas. When my wife was awaiting twins the date was calculated for the 26th of decembre. So we decided to invent families and friends for a bigger party at my birthday before she would have to be forced to mainly resting. But around 9:30pm it started, too much party, or just because you never now with twins. The boy was born minutes before midnight, the girl short after.

So the only curse is that only a few people remember at the birthday of the twins that it is my birthday too :)

And the same curse all people with a birthday around x-mas: gifts are either less or combined with x-mas gifts.

This year:

Our village is small and all agreed to a total lockdown starting 5 days before x-mas. SO x-mas and new year people could move freely. Same for the kids from relatives and co-workers for who we organized a winter camp in big heated tents. Since lockdown in Germany will be longer and no school for two more weeks the camp will be opened till end of january. Hard for 14-16 years olds without contact to others. So parents said they can stay longer, even if it means that they are no real contacts except speaking from one side of a rivelet to the other. But else it wouldn't have be allowed by authorities.

• Like! 1
17 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

d us it would be nice to hear happy things for the New Year, so do any of you have some good things to share for the New Year?

Hoping that you find some peace and great health this near year friend Podgie... this year started off as a calamity... Ammamma (96) fell and we had to rush her through covid world to a hospital, had to get a hip replacment... usually most  die quickly after thats done over age of 80 ...but she's still winging, it...and she said her eyes were going dark few weeks ago, then rushed her to another doctor who said there was massive pressure in her eyes because of both having large cataracts behind them... she had an emergency laser iridotomy came out great ! now this week she has a follow up and then on jan 15th the cataracts are supposed to be removed... Its been tough for her but she's a grumpy old lady who's got the best sense of humor and constitution.

She just turned 96 this year... #proudtobeammammasfamily

126101511_10164370200710142_2300434023694941517_n.jpg

And thats me visiting her at hospital two weeks ago

IMG_6494.jpg

9ef81361-fe11-4472-9b2f-1394f83b5597.jpg

:hugs:

gogo

41 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Ammamma sure is one tough lady. I'm glad that she's doing so well! Send her our love from the DarkMatters community. :heart:

So kind Steve thank you ! :hugs: Its funny,, we sometimes just need perspective.. my mom said that it's amazing how Ammamma has brought all her children together these last two years... she has six kids, all alive!, the youngest is 61 ... only during these last few years did the chat on all our channels just get massive... we have a huge Whattsup with 21 people on it that I every day make posts and quips from ammamma's life

#AmmammaChannel

:superman:

gogo

• Like! 1