[EE Mod 3.0] Ker's Sakkara Demon attacking me

Greetings everyone! As I posted in the last thread here on the forum, I updated my 2.4 mod into 3.0. As I was fighting Abishai, I summoned the Sakkara Demon from the Ker divine gift. 
After the duration ended, the Sakkara demon started chasing me and turned hostile (even though it was changed not to do so by the EE mod). Any ideas on how to fix this?

Screenshot (158).png

• Like! 1

So, the way it works is that the Sakkara becomes a suicide bomber when the duration expires.  It is attackable by the player during the period of time between when it "breaks free" and when it finds a target to attack (the "attack" is simply an explosion).  But, it's important to note that, during this period of time, it's not actually hostile to the player.  It won't attack the player or allies and its explosion won't harm anyone but enemies.

If there's no target for it to attack, I suppose it would just wander around forever, unable to explode.

Simply put, what you've done is uncover a flaw in this setup.  You've summoned the Sakkara into an empty area where it can't explode because there are no hostile targets.  If you can't lure any enemies to it, I guess you'd just have to leave it behind.  You could also just kill it.  It shouldn't fight back.

For what it's worth, this same thing would have happened in 2.4, the only difference being you wouldn't be able to attack it. 

I'll try to think if there's not some way to have it just explode on its own.

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, Flix said:

So, the way it works is that the Sakkara becomes a suicide bomber when the duration expires.  It is attackable by the player during the period of time between when it "breaks free" and when it finds a target to attack (the "attack" is simply an explosion).  But, it's important to note that, during this period of time, it's not actually hostile to the player.  It won't attack the player or allies and its explosion won't harm anyone but enemies.

If there's no target for it to attack, I suppose it would just wander around forever, unable to explode.

Simply put, what you've done is uncover a flaw in this setup.  You've summoned the Sakkara into an empty area where it can't explode because there are no hostile targets.  If you can't lure any enemies to it, I guess you'd just have to leave it behind.  You could also just kill it.  It shouldn't fight back.

For what it's worth, this same thing would have happened in 2.4, the only difference being you wouldn't be able to attack it. 

I'll try to think if there's not some way to have it just explode on its own.

Well, I think it could just work this way. In 2.4 he wasn't showing the health bar up in the screen when he was about to explode even if it was an empty area. The fact that now the health bar appeared out of nowhere and he was coming towards me simply panicked me lol :D Didn't risked testing him to come near me to check if he's truly attacking me since it's the 3rd time I have to restart the toon because of useless deaths :D 

Another thing I want to mention. In 2.4 and now in 3.0 as well, sometimes I use both the Sakkara Demon and the Doppelganger to fight certain bosses and when the boss dies, if there are no more enemies around, my Demon and the Doppelganger starts to fight each other for some reason.

4 hours ago, Flix said:

Hostility in Sacred 2 is a two-way street.  You can make "Creature A" hostile to "Creature B," while at the same time Creature B will act friendly to Creature A.  The is the case with the Sakkara Demon.  When the duration expires and it breaks free, I think literally everything in the game is hostile to it, and will try to attack it.

The Sakkara itself will only attack enemies of the player though.  This is why the Battle Daemon will attack him, but he won't fight back, or try to kill you. The proof is that he doesn't explode.  As soon as he sees a target that he registers as hostile, he will explode.

It's not perfect but it's probably the best I can do with it.

That's a good point of explanation! Thank you so much sharing all these information :D Really helped to get an idea of the whole situation since this Ker Sakkara Daemon divine gift always confused me to be honest (even before using the EE mod)

• Like! 1