Foods you cannot, could not, will not eat!

Claire, you just had to say the word gravy and wine and I'm already sold. Love this word btw, and I've always wondered at (looks around) how to get those yummy scrapies off the bottom of the pan!

:)

:sick:

gogo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heheh you just can't waste all that meatiness....it's as good as the steak or piece of meat you just cooked! If I'm doing a roast I usually lob in a really good handful of shallots and some garlic them when you come to make your gravey you also have those yummy meat flovoured sweet shallots in there too. Oh no I am really hungry now! :sick:

CARROTS, those nasty ebil orange veggies! Should be banned!

And milk. No milk. No. no, no!

Carrots are great, carrot sticks to munch on and I mostly make a tuna salad for lunch and always grate a carrot to add....leave those vitamin C packed orange sticks alone :D

And milk, well if its full fat, you can have that, the fat just coats your mouth it is disgusting, but low fat milk is yummy. :devil:

I guess I should add my thoughts on this. In my Army days when I was on tdy in Korea theyhad 2 similar dishes 1 was Kahgogee and the other was Bulghogee similiar dishes but the 1st on I would not eat ever its made out of mans best friend ( puppy dogs ) the other thank god is made from beef. So Kahgogee is a definate no and so would be tripe and the mexican dish Pasoela its made from tripe YUCKY

cannot-

I have a mild allergy to chicken, but if I eat it in moderation, I'm mostly ok. and who can stay away from chicken?

tomatoes- make my stomach hurt.

will not-

Mushrooms are gross- raw (spongy) or cooked (slimy), they have a gross texture.

Scallops/Imitation crab- smell like feet, give me real crab.

most cooked vegetables- I like food with moisture, so I do like raw veggies, but don't like most cooked beans/peas/etc.

OMGSTUFF Posted Today, 05:46 PM

but don't like most cooked beans/peas/etc.

Do you like them raw Stuff? Little fresh peas from th pod and raw runner beans?....crunchy and yummy! hehe but also I think an aquired taste

OMGSTUFF Posted Today, 05:46 PM

but don't like most cooked beans/peas/etc.

Do you like them raw Stuff? Little fresh peas from th pod and raw runner beans?....crunchy and yummy! hehe but also I think an aquired taste

yes! green beans/peas are delicious raw.

mushrooms...

lol, how is that possible? Man those meaty little morsels just wait to get popped into my mouth. Fried in butter, stuffed, mixed with sauce...

man...mushrooms?

That's so wrong!

:P

gogo

I'll get heather to try it that way claire. (it does sound good)

and I had a traumatic experience when I was a child.... and it had to do with boiled cabbage(not much imagination needed), so I guess other ways of cooking it might be ok.

and I shed a tear for any person who cant enjoy milk..... in any form.....

Here, Here!

gogo

p.s. no chocolate...no cheese...no ... :o

Then you both can shed a tear for me. I love milk but it cause my stomach to cramp up if I drink it. Ignored it for years but can't any more. Too much cheese will do the same. But what to do when I eat cake or cookies?

Can't drink orange juice either--and I love orange juice. If I drink a glass of orange juice I get a chain-reaction of reactions

1) Involuntary head rotation(back and forth, not completly around!)

2) Burning pain in the center of the chest that radiates outward.

3) whole body goes cold(starts from the head and quickly moves down.

4) dizzyness.

But still.....I do drink it every so often because I really love orange juice.

One thing that I really hate, and perhaps it seems silly to you guys....

I hate raisins!

And if they are so great, how come they are always hidden inside of my bread or cookies? If they are so great, put them on the outside where I can see them.

I don't like raisins and I don't trust people who like to hide them in my food. :)

Here, Here!

gogo

p.s. no chocolate...no cheese...no ... :o

Then you both can shed a tear for me. I love milk but it cause my stomach to cramp up if I drink it. Ignored it for years but can't any more. Too much cheese will do the same. But what to do when I eat cake or cookies?

Can't drink orange juice either--and I love orange juice. If I drink a glass of orange juice I get a chain-reaction of reactions

4) dizzyness.

hmm Silearth, have you been checked for Lactose intolerance for the problems with milk and cheese?

And with the orange juice - have you been checked for ulcers?

Just a thought

Silearth I feel so bad for you!

Have you tried using lactaid? I have friends who are lactose intolerant as Funki mentionned and they say it works wonders for them. They pop one just before eating that slice of cheesecake and they're fine.

gogo

Also if it is the case of lactose intolerance with Silearth, there are so many products that cater for that now, even icecream, cheese and milk, well anything dairy really, as so many are coming up with this problem :)

Also would advise that you get professional advise before taking my word for it lol :o nothing worse than self medicating and self diagnosis

hmm Silearth, have you been checked for Lactose intolerance for the problems with milk and cheese?

And with the orange juice - have you been checked for ulcers?

Just a thought

Never been checked for Lactose intolerance--always just assumed that I had it. There are other things that happen besides the cramping. I won't go into too much detail except to say.....pull my finger.

I have been checked for ulcers, though not in the last few years. I do have a full physical coming up.....

But just to keep this on track and not turn this thread into something else.....

I hate peas!

Even out of a can?

Heresy!

gogo

I will not eat them from a can.

I will not eat them with my ham.

I will not eat them here or there

I will not eat them anywhere

I do not like these things called peas

I'd rather eat a pound of cheese.

But seriously. There are many veggies that I hated as a kid and later learned to like. I could never acquire a taste for peas.

Strangely... It's fatty foods I can't eat. I seem to have a severe aversion to high fat foods that if something to high in fat dares to even enter my mouth my body throws a tantrum and makes me gag, lol. Is the wierdest thing, ugh! So sausages have generally been on the blacklist all my life. I've lately been able to handle some kinds of sausages.

No high fat meats fer me. Nuh uh. Nooooo way! :drunkards:

Strangely... It's fatty foods I can't eat. I seem to have a severe aversion to high fat foods that if something to high in fat dares to even enter my mouth my body throws a tantrum and makes me gag, lol. Is the wierdest thing, ugh! So sausages have generally been on the blacklist all my life. I've lately been able to handle some kinds of sausages.

No high fat meats fer me. Nuh uh. Nooooo way! :drunkards:

My friend, you could not eat in my house--the menu would do you in. At this very moment, I'm pretty sure that there are a few strips of pork belly waiting to be deep fried and served in a chili sauce. Just imagine a two inch cube. about 1/4 inch of it is meat and the rest is all fat. The pork belly finds it's way into a lot of pork dishes, especially if the pork they are using is too lean.

And then there is my side....both of my folks are from New Orleans, Louisiana. I can't make a decent pot of gumbo without a couple pounds of sausage.

• 1 month later...

4) dizzyness.

No ulcers, but think about getting rid of the vodka in your orange juice :)

Though I hate Cabbage, whatever the color, the cooking. And Brussel Sprouts, no way for me.

give me meat, fish, veggies, but no cabbage or sprout. And relative to eating, I don't mind sharing my diner, but never pick in my plate ! that's make me crazy :4rofl:

The french touch : I LOVE SNAILS !

The french touch : I LOVE SNAILS !

I tried snails once in Amsterdam and well they were ok, not great but not revolting just ok, the garlic herby butter they were served in was nice for dipping some bread in though :4rofl:

Only tried them that once but never say never!

I was 3 months pregnant with my elder son when I transferred to Japan with my husband. Because of pregnancy nose (and all the moms know what I'm talking about) and having to drive though the local fish market at 2pm (when its closing and fish REALLY smell) I couldnt stand the smell/thought of sushimi/sashimi and ever since the thought of raw fish just turns my stomache. DH loves sashimi and keeps trying to get me to try it but the pregnancy nose from 12 years ago has won this battle forever I think.