My First Work

Oh fantastic work! :4rofl:

I love the colors of the tree! and the shading of the hand!! You are just getting better and better!! I cant wait to see your next creations!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaps and bounds my friend! Very nice once again. I love the fact that you are taking an approach to creating real life objects. Sketching in a way. It was the first type of art I tried and is very very challenging. I tend to lean toward abstract because in a way it's "safer" :) These last two works are very inspiring Tim. If I'm felling brave enough I just might follow your lead.

*Official fan of TimOfDoom Arts* :)

I'm only following tutorials, for gimp, and I have linked you to the site(in the Gecko thread) but I'll provide a link to the tree one.

Thanks though :4rofl:

:D

~Doom

• 4 months later...

Trying out Terragen, tis' fun!

The first one, 2 minutes to design(ish)< my first 2 minutes to render

landscape1.jpg

Second, 10 minutes of design, 30 minutes to render and I still haven't tried everything

landscape2.jpg

It is amazingly powerful!

:)

~Doom

Oh sweet Tim. I've heard much about Terragen and have been curious to play with it. Very nice results you made there. Amazing indeed! 5-10 minute works?! :tongue: Does it come with a nice batch of textures to choose from or did you need to go out and hunt them down yourself?

Oh sweet Tim. I've heard much about Terragen and have been curious to play with it. Very nice results you made there. Amazing indeed! 5-10 minute works?! :) Does it come with a nice batch of textures to choose from or did you need to go out and hunt them down yourself?

There are NO textures used there! Can you believe that?! :)

The ground is just layers of different colours, the sky... Well I don't know quite how it works, only how to design it :D

And right now I'm only playing with presets....

:D

~Doom

P.S. I downloaded the Terragen 2 preview, you can add trees and such to it.

• 2 months later...

Well I got some grunge brushes and was fiddling around trying them out and got this

Grimfactory.jpg

Its kinda interesting effect in my opinion, its my desktop background (for the moment ;) )

:P

~Doom

P.S. Oh and I did add the sky and change the colour and lighting too ;)

Edited by TimOfDoom

I thought it was dark enough already compared to the original...

Any specific places you think it should be added to?

:P

~Doom