Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Hi folks,

I'm Waaah, or sometimes Waaghs or even Slotterbakk and I am from the german Sacred-forum. Gogoblender lured me in here so here I am :)

On first sight this looks like a huuuuge community and I'll be busy reading all the topics and so on but I guess it will be fun.

Something about my person:

I'm 17, about 1,87m tall, and my hair curls like a corkscrew! (too bad there ins't an exact translation of the german word "Korkenzieherlocken" but thats pretty much it :D)

The main reason why I am here is because Gogo asked me wether I could translate some sacred related german texts so that more people can get to know those little pieces of information that are given in magazines and whatnot.

I am - as you might have already guessed - a former sacred player and am currently waiting for the release of Pirates of the Burning Sea (Arrr!) and Sacred2 so I try to bridge the time gap by playing some rounds of Battlefield 2142 :)

p.s.: this must be the longest introduction to my person I've ever written - so be proud o.O

Edited by Waaah

Hey Waaah, Welcome to FDM :D

Cool intro and we have a pic thread here so you can show us all your Korkenzieherlocken :) Pop by the bar and make yourself at home. It's a biggish community but we don't bite so have fun here;)

Claire :)

heheh, hey Waaah, I must say it's great to see you here! First of all, thanks so much for translating my post that I had made in the german forum...whew...talking through a translator has the weirdest effects, lol, someone once told me what I had actually said with babelfish and I was astounded with how bad the translator can work. Thanks for making the trip over the Atlantic to come and meet up with us here. I'm always so jealous of all the articles and great info I keep seeing released in German and I guess that's why I keep visiting the GSF now to do my gogofish translations

Waaah, have a great time here dude. We've got some great bars, some fantastic intro threads that are a lot of fun to post on...and a pretty dang awesome friendly community here that just loves new friends.

Welcome to the boards!

:D

gogo

p.s. yo ho ho and a bottle of rum? Don't be cheap...make it two :D

Yarr then it shall be two bottles of ye olde rum!

Concerning the articles: Do you have some special ones in mind? And do you guys have a IRC-Channel? It's so much easier and comfortable than email/pms.

Pends on what you want to communtcate :D.

heh, yeah there is an irc channel lyin around somewhere, but as you can see this forum's so busy that we never get to use it a lot much.

There is this forum's pm system which is pretty handy and we all use quite a bit and in the case of emergency's and/or important meetings the mod team here can be reached via pm first then msn.

Heh, can you tell we're all about forum first?

Also, we have so many peeps here from all over the world, finding real time communications for everyone here at the same time is tuff. By using the forum and pms we're able to span the globe and all the time zones while keeping communications open with a larger group of people and it keeps things at steady pace.

When you have a forum as large and as busy as ours, "speed" comes here every day whether we like it or not. Being organized and able to keep up with the hundreds of posts that arrive here daily is the challenge.

gogo

p.s.

I don't remember the articles that I thought were intersting and Therion actually just lately translated that last announcement, so we got through that hurdle. Hmmm...but I'll keep my eyes out and see if there is anything that looks like it could be important. I usually go to Gamestar German, rather than English because the German news is always much better on Sacred

Welcome, waah, enjoy your stay.

Also I see the discworld series are your favourite books, great choice there mate :D

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest,

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

~Doom

Hey there Waaah and welcome to our corner of the internet.

On first sight this looks like a huuuuge community and I'll be busy reading all the topics and so on but I guess it will be fun.

We're the biggest small community you'll find around, hehe. All of as are nice people who enjoy meeting new people so hope you will have fun with us.

:)

Well shiver me timbers and blow me down. Arrrr matey! And welcome aboard the... Black Pearl! :dance: Arrgh! Errrr... :D What I be meaning to say thar be a welcoming to the D.a.r.k. Matters! Ahoy young Master Waaah, take a mead and be merry! Treasures be abound!

Nice to meet you Waaah! :lol:

• 4 months later...