Hey gogoblender! I played Sacred in 2004 but hope you remember me anyway, WNxChavez. Maybe there are others I knew here but I couldn't find a list of members. Just wondered how you were doing mate? Still playing sacred I see (well so it appears). I thought I heard you moved onto guild wars but maybe you are back or never went: I don't know. I've been wanting to play some sacred for a while., after finally working out which account and passwords went with what cd keys for sacred I found no one on hc plus :bye:. So I ordered Sacred: Gold today since it was so cheap (£9.99) instead of UW, so I'll see you with an all new account in a couple of days. Can't wait to play with again after 2 and a half years. x

Hi there and welcome to FDM :cow_white:...I think I recognise your name from WnX. Well have loads of fun here and looking forward to seeing you on the servers :cha (18):

:bye:

Hello there, nice to see that you are still sound, and you got the Sacred bug back too? Can't be better than that!

Cheers :bye:

Heeeeey Chavez!

My god what a flash back, lol. Welcome to FDM Mr. gogofan. :cow_white: Been a long time since the days of WNx. Good times. I think I might have actually been recruited by you into the WNx?

Great to know we'll be seeing you on the servers again Chavez. :bye:

Schot

Chavez, wow! Great seeing ya here, and awesome you were able to track us down! Are you still playing with WNx at all?

Las I remember, you were playing rugby with a broken toe for the school team :cow_white:

Great seeing ya on the boards here, and while I'm flattered by your nic, how bout you pm me with something more appropriate for you as yes, you've gotten my attention, but every time I see the nic I squirm!

:bye:

If you've got play times for hc, check out our Time to Play thread and see if you can hook up with some of the guys. We've got the best community here not just from D.a.r.k. but all the other clans and peeps in Sacred as well.

Cheers!

:cha (18):

gogo

Wow, quite a few names I know! I was looking on the sacred-game forums and caught gogo's link in his sig. Didn't realise so many people were still around! Hi everyone! You all in this guild?! This looks like a nice place, some nice tips I've read up on here I can't wait to try out.

@erialc: Your name rings a bell. Sorry for going AFK on irc thanks for trying to help me even though I wasn't there! Forum worked well. Looking at gogos post count not surprised he replied so quickly.

@myles: Well been playing with various characters, mainly a gladiator whose currently in gold hc on sacred plus. Can't wait to try dwarf they look so awesome. Don't know too much on the expansion to be honest so any cool info would be good to keep me going until sacred gold arrives.

@Schot: Yeah think so, and you invited gogo? Thought WNx still played sacred? They have a forum still. Or do you mean while u were there? Hope to see u on the servers soon too but need to get expansion first (see first post ordered gold). Does anyone still play non-expansion or not? Saw only one person in bronze in HC on an account I didnt recognise.

@gogo: Sorta, after I stopped playing sacred with wn I played some guild wars and then world of warcraft. Been out of WN for a long time now in other (better) guilds (not played sacred). Rejoined WN to play Dungeon Siege with some people I had played the originial with in 2002/2003 a month or so ago. Now looking to go back to sacred. Miss HC and its community atmosphere I guess. The "public" just isn't so nice anywhere else. Sorry for the name, just wanted to say hi, feel kinda mean now since there is others here I know as well. Great surprise!

@indy: he will be stalking me soon enough!

Hey Chavez!

Your display name changed, as asked, and yep...wnx is still playing, lucalain comes here to post occasionally and I've seen some members still in the servers. Their clan is smaller now but still alive and healthy!

:D

gogo

• 1 month later...

Hmm. My sacred gold FINALLY arrived while I was in London, however when I attempted to create a new account it said invalid cd key. As far as I am aware I bought the game firsthand (from a UK website). The box didnt contain a manual but there was one on the cd and it had the 2 cdkeys stuck inside the box so I wasn't too suspicious. Can/will Ascaron do anything (easier than returning the game)? or should I take this up with the website? I was very careful to buy firsthand because of the online issue, now I don't know what to do. If it is second hand, the game readme says I won't be able to play online.

Edit: Just looked at there website and they knocked anything £6 off the game, now its so cheap I'm guessing they might be secondhand. Thinking it was probably a dodgey website/deal since the day after I ordered my copy the game was out of stock (and I had to wait).

Edited by Chavez

owch

chavez, of all the peeps, I was hoping you were gonna get yours fast. I don't know what to say about how dodgy your purchase was, but I DO know that Ascaron does good will. I recommend that you definitely make a post about this on the SIF and see whether anyone has some ideas for you.

Did you also try your cap locks? Also, there is a list in the sif of letters that get mixed up, maybe this is happening?

As well, are you sure you're punching the uw keys into the uw field...and the plus key into the proper field as wel?

:P

gogo

Putting cdkeys in correct place and I think I tried with caps on and off, but Ill give that another go now. So frustrating after such a long wait.

edit: yeh tried with and out caps, also read the thing about no zeros and 5's looking like S.

edit2: putting the plus key in the UW key slot and the UW key in the plus slot might work since now I am told to go and update instead of invalid. LOL

edit3: fate doesnt want me to play, installed UW patch instead of gold lol.

Edited by Chavez

I think you'll definitely get Ascaron's help on this as long as you have the keys to show them.

They'll probably ask you to send them photocopies of everything you have and then send you a new key.

Carolyn over at the SIF is super helpful on this.

:P

gogo

• 2 months later...
Hmm. My sacred gold FINALLY arrived while I was in London, however when I attempted to create a new account it said invalid cd key. As far as I am aware I bought the game firsthand (from a UK website). The box didnt contain a manual but there was one on the cd and it had the 2 cdkeys stuck inside the box so I wasn't too suspicious. Can/will Ascaron do anything (easier than returning the game)? or should I take this up with the website? I was very careful to buy firsthand because of the online issue, now I don't know what to do. If it is second hand, the game readme says I won't be able to play online.

Edit: Just looked at there website and they knocked anything £6 off the game, now its so cheap I'm guessing they might be secondhand. Thinking it was probably a dodgey website/deal since the day after I ordered my copy the game was out of stock (and I had to wait).

Nice to meet you Chavez, and I too am having similar problems with my cdkeys and so far service_sacred has been trying to help me even gave me a new cdkey but it still said it was invalid :oooo: so I'm still plugging away at different things to get mine up and running. Good luck with yours let me know how it turns out. Again welcome to the forum, I'm new here myself :pitcher:

• 1 year later...