New player seeking for knowledge

Hi everyone, avid Titan Quest player here, played a bit of both Sacred games back when they came out.

I'm trying to get back into Sacred 2 (Dragon Mage is calling me, I simply can't resist anymore ahah) but having to start from scratch, kinda want to start with the right foot, as there're a couple of things I'm not sure about/didn't fully understand and was wondering if some experienced player could help me out:

1. So from what I could find around, it looks like having shoppers and a blacksmith is a must, so can I start right off as a new player without them or should I first go level all my shoppers? And if that's the case, then how should I go about them, through normal questing, farming, or is there a mroe efficient way to level in general?

2. So I remember, back when I used to play, that there was a special "survival bonus" for every character, in the sense that the more I survive, the stronger I'm and the more rare items I will find. Is that still the case with the community patch and the addOn? What penalties should I expect from dying (no hardcore)?

That's all for now, more questions might come up later hehe. Thanks and happy gaming.

Hi, welcome to the forum

You have CM-patch 1.60?

Enhanced Edition 3.0?

There are builds which need good equipment and there are some which can do okay without it. You just have to survive till level 5 or 8 by repeating the start areas.

A Dragon Mage can start quite good as an Elementalist.

Level 2 take Concentration and keep it at 1 point, two buffs: runes of protection and this companion

Level 3 take Elementalist lore, keep at level

Level 5 take Elementalist focus, keep at level , mod destroyers

Level 8 armour lore 1 point

Level 12 mentalism focus, mod runes

level 18  dragon mage focus, mod the companion

try to get not surrounded and destroyers at a reg time around 4-5 seconds at level 12. Use battle trance, yellow potions, ...

The survival bonus, don't worry too much about it. There are careful player who never died and have a quiet low survival bonus because it raises only if the enemy is around or above your level. Just try to avoid dying when you are level 25 or above.

• Appreciation 1

Thank you for the reply and the useful infos! I've got the community patch, and I think I'll go for the EE too (maybe just the core module). As for the dragon mage, I really wanted to try the pure mentalism aspect first (the one that attracts me the most), but I take that's a bit more advanced so I'll just start with an Elementalist to try and experiment first.

• Appreciation 1

Level 2 take Concentration and keep it at 1 point, two buffs: runes of protection and this companion

1 hour ago, Shazen said:

Thank you for the reply and the useful infos! I've got the community patch, and I think I'll go for the EE too (maybe just the core module). As for the dragon mage, I really wanted to try the pure mentalism aspect first (the one that attracts me the most), but I take that's a bit more advanced so I'll just start with an Elementalist to try and experiment first.

you can get both easily

level 25: mentalism lore

level 35: combat discipline

Level 50: toughness

leveö 55: ancient magic

So you can try out what you want and need for a pure mentalist build.

• Appreciation 1
1 hour ago, chattius said:

you can get both easily

level 25: mentalism lore

level 35: combat discipline

Level 50: toughness

leveö 55: ancient magic

So you can try out what you want and need for a pure mentalist build.

That's great! I will go with this setup then, so I can test both aspects. One last thing if you don't mind Chattius, any general gameplay tip or things that I should know before I start?

• Like! 1

Stay at least in bronze diff till you solved the unique mount quest in campaign mode. The mount is like an amulet of life saving. If it dies you have around 2 seconds to teleport away.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Unique_Mounts

• Respect! 1
17 minutes ago, chattius said:

Stay at least in bronze diff till you solved the unique mount quest in campaign mode. The mount is like an amulet of life saving. If it dies you have around 2 seconds to teleport away.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Unique_Mounts

Oh I see, that will prove useful I'm sure. I remember trying out the special mounts back in the day, lots of fun. Off to kobold slaughtering then! Thank you so much :)

• Appreciation 1
20 hours ago, Shazen said:

Oh I see, that will prove useful I'm sure. I remember trying out the special mounts back in the day, lots of fun. Off to kobold slaughtering then! Thank you so much :)

Bravo Chattius on helping Shazen through the early set up and tips

And a hearty welcome to DarkMatters friend Shazeen... you have made to the far far side of the galaxy to the universe of Sacred Fans!

:bounce:

gogo

• Appreciation 1

Quick question regarding Enhanced Edition: do you guys think it's worth installing for the bugfixes mainly? Does it change the game aspects/features too much? (The core module in particular). 

7 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

The latest Community Patch (160) fixes the bugs, to include memory leak game crashes. The Enhanced Edition implements a vast array of visual and other interesting and clever augmentations. Some may feel that it strays too much from the Vanilla game. For a purist, I would recommend the CM Patch 160 and the Vanilla Drops for Community Patch 1.60 Mod. However, I believe that the Enhanced Edition deserves some scrutiny before making a well informed decision.

Thank you for the reply! Yeah I believe that CM patch will be enough for now (I had a look at the EE changelog and don't get me wrong it is awesome and all, I'll give it a try for sure once I have played a bit more through the "base" experience). Oh and thank you guys so much for the hearty welcome! <3 

• Appreciation 1