Hi everyone

Hey people,

just wanted to say hello :)  

I'm really happy that apparently I'm not the only one playing the game after all these years haha. When the game came out I was only 11 years old and was only allowed to watch my father playing. But as soon as I became 12 I've started playing myself (maybe a bit earlier... ;)) So it has been more than 15 years but I sill prefer Sacred over quite a lot of "modern" games.

I've recently discovered the ReBorn mod after some playing and it adds a whole new life to the game. 

I usually play a wood elf, but I also like to experiment with other characters :)

See you

• Appreciation 1

15 hours ago, Escapist said:

Hey people,

just wanted to say hello :)  

I'm really happy that apparently I'm not the only one playing the game after all these years haha. When the game came out I was only 11 years old and was only allowed to watch my father playing. But as soon as I became 12 I've started playing myself (maybe a bit earlier... ;)) So it has been more than 15 years but I sill prefer Sacred over quite a lot of "modern" games.

I've recently discovered the ReBorn mod after some playing and it adds a whole new life to the game. 

I usually play a wood elf, but I also like to experiment with other characters :)

See you

bravo and welcome to the forums Rebecca! I can see in my mind's eye your self as a child peeking over your parents shoulder...there was actually quite a lot of gore in this game when it first came out, and was considered avant garde for its time :viking:

You have arrived in good company, and wishing you best gaming ever with SAcred!

:dance:

gogo

My first copy of Sacred came from the UK because it wasn't sold in the US at first. I still play intermittently but more because I have squired multiple copies of the game, including a couple I 'won' while beta testing for the last official upgrade. To this day I still prefer the Dragon Mage to other characters. My grave can still be found in the game.

The game I consistently go back to is Master of Orion II from my DOS days. It really helps that there is a new mod for the game, v1.50.18.3. For any wishing to try it: MOO2MOD

Edited by Spock
  • Appreciation 1
17 hours ago, Spock said:

My fist copy of Sacred came from the UK because it wasn't sold in the US at first. I still play intermittently but more because I have squired multiple copies of the game, including a couple I 'won' while beta testing for the last official upgrade. To this day I still prefer the Dragon Mage to other characters. My grave can still be found in the game.

The game I consistently go back to is Master of Orion II from my DOS days. It really helps that there is a new mod for the game, v1.50.18.3. For any wishing to try it: MOO2MOD

ahhh, yah i remember the fighting over the gore :lol: people who bought the uk version of game came ahead... more blood and head chop offs while the american version only got pg 14

:butcher:

gogo

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

ahhh, yah I remember the fighting over the gore :lol: people who bought the uk version of game came ahead... more blood and head chop offs while the american version only got pg 14

:butcher:

gogo

What shocked me most was the things the goblins say :D I dont know if (or how) they translated it into the other languages as I'm playing the "original" German version. But theybasically "Chop their head off, I need a new ashtray". My father thought it was hilarious, I was pretty shocked at that time how people could laugh about something so "brutal" :lol:

• Appreciation 1

Welcome to DarkMatters Rebecca.

I hope you have many happy years on the forum just like I have had.

Join us in the Dark Kitchen for some food talk and swopping out recipes. 

• Appreciation 1
On 2/12/2021 at 3:34 PM, Escapist said:

When the game came out I was only 11 years old and was only allowed to watch my father playing. But as soon as I became 12 I've started playing myself (maybe a bit earlier... ;)) So it has been more than 15 years but I sill prefer Sacred over quite a lot of "modern" games.

Welcome to the forum

For me it was the other way around...

Sacred1 was a short episode for me. Married, second kid, moving away from town where we studied to a house mid in the forests which needed a lot of repair. No internet - so the firefighter building with its high tower was used to install a radio link to next internet node. Youth from village used to play from there using all computers.

Most of my Sacred2 playing was when I had night watches at the building. And I was way more cruel then your dad who forced you to watch him playing. I forced our oldests to create certain builds which I then posted to earn fame ...

• Like! 1
17 hours ago, Escapist said:

What shocked me most was the things the goblins say :D I dont know if (or how) they translated it into the other languages as I'm playing the "original" German version. But theybasically "Chop their head off, I need a new ashtray". My father thought it was hilarious, I was pretty shocked at that time how people could laugh about something so "brutal" :lol:

I remember hearing those strange, exciting new "words" myself...  I thought the voice acting was pretty good... heck it was one of my first online games ever... my first actually ! :bounce:  .. was only until I got to the forum communities that I found out about the goblins being German.. and how naughty they were :4rofl: 

Sure it was just "schniepel"...but the way it was being said, that tone... beautiful work and great timing for  a beautiful new ARPG

:superman:

gogo

17 hours ago, Delta! said:

Welcome to DarkMatters Rebecca.

I hope you have many happy years on the forum just like I have had.

Join us in the Dark Kitchen for some food talk and swopping out recipes. 

To the Kitchen everyone... its' monday morning... surely someone has warmed it up and laid down some goodies

:hugs:

gogo

16 hours ago, chattius said:

Welcome to the forum

For me it was the other way around...

Sacred1 was a short episode for me. Married, second kid, moving away from town where we studied to a house mid in the forests which needed a lot of repair. No internet - so the firefighter building with its high tower was used to install a radio link to next internet node. Youth from village used to play from there using all computers.

Most of my Sacred2 playing was when I had night watches at the building. And I was way more cruel then your dad who forced you to watch him playing. I forced our oldests to create certain builds which I then posted to earn fame ...

I remember that kung fu spider girl guide...

epic... years ago!

:hugs:

gogo