Possible to playing Two Sacred 2 s on one PC?

So, I've gotten two Sacred 2 (Gold edition) up and running on my PC, both in the same game, no issue there.

Now, is it possible to play both? One person would be using mouse and keyboard where I would use xmapper to use a controller, however, would both windows need to be active at the same time? If so, is this possible? 

hi and welcome to the forums Kazhang!

I remember when we were playing online we needed two accounts to play and have the game save as two different characters...but perhaps for what you're asking for there's another way... specially as the game has been exceptionally modded over last ten years... hopefully someone with more info will come along the path of Sacred

once again welcome!

:dance2:

gogo

• The title was changed to Possible to playing Two Sacred 2 s on one PC?

Thanks, I can get two running, but yeah two accounts for two different characters saved. I have two accounts, two copies, I can get them both running, but, need to find a way to control both at once, but also separately so one can use keyboard + mouse and I can use the gamepad (or another keyboard + mouse)

• Like! 1

Interesting question.  I've had two games running before, but never tried to have them both active at the same time (I just ALT-TAB between them).  IIRC you can play in windowed mode, but I don't know about getting both active to receive user input.

• Appreciation 1
2 hours ago, lujate said:

Interesting question.  I've had two games running before, but never tried to have them both active at the same time (I just ALT-TAB between them).  IIRC you can play in windowed mode, but I don't know about getting both active to receive user input.

Yeah same. My girlfriend adores the game, so I'd love to play it with her, but we'd have to use my PC since she can't play at home, I've thought about using a Virtual Machine but, since the VMs don't have their own graphics card and I only have one in my PC (that I know of) can't do it that way, I know there are some games that even when tabbed out are still active. Like I can be playing Final Fantasy V, and click over to the internet and scroll or watch videos, but still control FFV with my controller, so thinking if that was possible, or something along the lines. 

I've been working with multiple monitors and will typically have different displays on each. If you could just get both games to 'time share' you could get it to work.

• Appreciation 1

Whatever software there is and you want to use:

Steam will be a problem because it checks the ID of the CPU. You will probaly need two steam accounts. Perhaps the Sandboxie program could help, but I neve tried it.

There was Software which worked okay for Office and OLD games under Windows 7. We used it for Office because zhen we had only one computer which was running from a diesel driven power supply. The software was named SoftXpand.

A similiar software was 'Be Twin', but never used it

Windows10 has WAY higher safety routines and I think both software was discontinued. But perhaps an internet search with these keywords will result in uptodate software, if any.

• Appreciation 1
6 hours ago, chattius said:

Whatever software there is and you want to use:

Steam will be a problem because it checks the ID of the CPU. You will probaly need two steam accounts. Perhaps the Sandboxie program could help, but I neve tried it.

There was Software which worked okay for Office and OLD games under Windows 7. We used it for Office because zhen we had only one computer which was running from a diesel driven power supply. The software was named SoftXpand.

A similiar software was 'Be Twin', but never used it

Windows10 has WAY higher safety routines and I think both software was discontinued. But perhaps an internet search with these keywords will result in uptodate software, if any.

I do have 2 steam accounts with the game purchased. 

Sandboxie was a consideration there as well.... hmm. I've googled a fair bit, might just wait till I see her again and have her bring her laptop over and let her sign into my second steam account x.x

• Like! 1

The biggest hurdle I see (excluding Steam, don't know much about that one) is getting the input devices to talk only to the current instance of Sacred 2.  I wonder if using VM's would help?  I guess that might also help with Steam, depending on what it's checking.

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, lujate said:

The biggest hurdle I see (excluding Steam, don't know much about that one) is getting the input devices to talk only to the current instance of Sacred 2.  I wonder if using VM's would help?  I guess that might also help with Steam, depending on what it's checking.

SoftXpand did that: you could connect keyboards and mice via USB and bound them to a graphic output - be it second card or multi-screen card. Sound is another thing. There was only one sound device possible. As I said, I never used it for modern games, mainly DOSbox.

At our 'SoftXpand times' we had no stable power supply to our forest clearing. So we did diesel driven local power with a big battery as buffer. I needed a real big machine for number crunching and used GPU's for fast calculating. The best graphic card for maths had 3 outputs for monitors. The computer was in a big big case allowing 16 cards. 6 Slots were for the battery ;)

So I was running math software while my wife was doing her paperwork with office using the same machine at the same time.

We tried Virtual machines/Box. The emulating of OS routines was terrible resource hungry. But after all this time: modern computers are a lot faster. But on the other side: modern OS's are so much slower.

Multi-seat programs (SoftXpand) or virtual machines(VirtualBox, VMware, Windows Virtual PC,..) - I was more lucky with the multi-seat attempt for my needs.

A short search: There is a quite uptodate article about MultiSeat on Windows10. Seems it is no longer SoftXpand but Aster.

https://kelvin-waters.medium.com/how-to-set-up-a-multi-seat-windows-pc-3c4453171e55

• Like! 1