Back after 6 years

Bought the game at launch, but my pc back then couldn't handle it. After a few years I had a new pc, but it still had tons of crashing issues. Despite the constant crashing, I kept playing the game for many hours.

Eventually I switched to other arpg's, with Grim Dawn being my absolute favorite. Recently I saw it sitting in my steam library and nostalgia made me install it again. Installed the CM patch 1.60 and skimmed elite textures and it runs great (fingers crossed it stays like this). For a 12 year old game, it still looks pretty good.

The combat misses impact/oomph, but I forgot how good all the rest was. The cool diverse classes, the indepth character building, the itemization, gigantic diverse world to explore, the amateuristic (yet charming) humor and dialogue. I expected to not like it anymore since Grim Dawn has so much better combat and balance, but damn, just playing for a few hours made me realize how much I loved this game. I have played many arpg's in my life, but there's nothing quite like this. 

So thanks to all you out there who made the CM patch possible. even after all these years there's still peopl playing this diamond in the rough.

• Appreciation 1
40 minutes ago, Djelmarriachi said:

Bought the game at launch, but my pc back then couldn't handle it. After a few years I had a new pc, but it still had tons of crashing issues. Despite the constant crashing, I kept playing the game for many hours.

Eventually I switched to other arpg's, with Grim Dawn being my absolute favorite. Recently I saw it sitting in my steam library and nostalgia made me install it again. Installed the CM patch 1.60 and skimmed elite textures and it runs great (fingers crossed it stays like this). For a 12 year old game, it still looks pretty good.

The combat misses impact/oomph, but I forgot how good all the rest was. The cool diverse classes, the indepth character building, the itemization, gigantic diverse world to explore, the amateuristic (yet charming) humor and dialogue. I expected to not like it anymore since Grim Dawn has so much better combat and balance, but damn, just playing for a few hours made me realize how much I loved this game. I have played many arpg's in my life, but there's nothing quite like this. 

So thanks to all you out there who made the CM patch possible. even after all these years there's still peopl playing this diamond in the rough.

The CM Patch is the miracle of a small group of tireless workers. In love with this game and the impact its had on the industry Sacred still continues to inspire and delight though in its newest incarnation @Flix

Diablo 2 Fallen

Diablo 2 Fallen you may not even recognize its origin genes! :superman:  There are still devs working on it, Flix, @dimitrius154and translators like desm @desm  who work with the community's feedback and kept the game loved.

Delighted to see you have found us on your gaming journey, and welcome to the forums!!

:dance:

gogo

I remember your name. now that I think of it, I think I already had an account here on the forum. Or was it another?

I also just remembered I bought sacred 2 on xbox 360, but was dissappointed with the graphics and performance compared to pc. (didn't crash though)

I'll check the diablo 2 fallen. Thanks! But having fun with sacred 2 also. feels kinda new because I hadn't played in ages.

8 minutes ago, Djelmarriachi said:

I remember your name. now that I think of it, I think I already had an account here on the forum. Or was it another?

I also just remembered I bought sacred 2 on xbox 360, but was dissappointed with the graphics and performance compared to pc. (didn't crash though)

I'll check the diablo 2 fallen. Thanks! But having fun with sacred 2 also. feels kinda new because I hadn't played in ages.

hi !

If you can pm your email at that time or perhaps your log in name I can merge the two accounts...

u will have completed your Sacred Zen!

:)

gogo