Emperor's Brother - My inquisitor in-depth build

1. INTRODUCTION

First, I must say that I am not an inquisitor player, but I have prepared this build to get decent items for my other characters. In this build in addition to being able to find quite good objects, we will not need the soul harvester ability because we already have 3 buffs and with that we are going very, very well.

We will kill our rivals in 2 strikes, and we will attack very quickly thanks to dual wield, as if this were not enough, we will have the reverse polarity that will make us a reflective shield.

It should be noted that this man is Han Solo's co-worker, and for that reason Bargaining skill is at his maximum level.

He will be a good collaborator in a team, since he can provide valuable gadgets to the rest of the characters.

I think there is nothing more to say, so let’s get down to business.

2. ATTRIBUTE DISTRIBUTION

Level 1/49 (1 point / level): 1 to dexterity and 1 to intelligence. (Alternating)     

Level 50/149 (2 points / level): 1 to strength and 1 vitality.                                  

Level 150/200 (3 points / level): 1 to intelligence, 1 to strength and 1 to vitality.

3. SKILLS

Gruesome Inquisition Focus - 75

Astute Supremacy Lore - 125

Astute Supremacy Focus - 75

Tactics Lore - 125

Dual Wield - 75

Concentration - 75

Bargaining - 200

Combat Discipline - 75

Constitution - 75

Armor Lore - 10

4. COMBAT ARTS

As Usual in my guides, this is the most extense part without doubt.

GRUESOME INQUISITION

Callous Execution: This attack consists of the typical strong and brutal hit, ideal for very strong bosses or enemies.

Bronze

• Bleed: An attack which inflicts damage and causes bleeding (50% + 0.5% per Combat Art level)
  • Tenacity: An attack that will slightly recharge all combat arts. (Regen per hit effect, 0.49s + 0.01s per Combat Art level)

As an Inquisitor we want to inflict the maximum pain to our victims, so we are going to pick bleed.

Silver:

• Lacerate: The opponent suffers from a deep wound that will decrease the base HP value for a brief period. (19.8% + 0.2% per Combat Art level)
  • Startle: Chance to leave the target opponent stunned for a brief period. (29.7% + 0.3% per Combat Art level)

It is clear…. Lacerate. Less HP = more enemies dead in less time

Gold:

• Draw Life: Draws life from the opponents. (3 + 1.5 per Combat Art level) - This is modified by Tactics Lore, but not by +% Damage.
  • Judgement: Increases chance for critical hits. (19.8% + 0.2% per Combat Art level)

And now it is time to end his pain fast, but surely not in the cleanest way. So we are going to pick Judgement.

Ruthless Mutilation: This is an area attack, we will use it when we are surrounded, that is almost always ...

Bronze:

• Deprivation: Even further reduces movement speed of affected opponents. (14.8% + 0.2% per CA level / 75% increased base value)
  • Ire: Increases the damage inflicted upon all affected opponents. (9% increase)

Do you prefer a slow enemy or a dead one… for that reason we will choose Ire

Silver:

• Dolor: Adds a chance to draw life from the target opponent. (2 + 1 per CA level) - This works exactly the same as Life Leeched +X and is modified by Tactics Lore, but not by +% Damage.
  • Petrify: Adds a chance to stun opponents briefly. (9.9% + 0.1% per CA level)

Stun our enemies is good, but heal ourselves when we damage them is better, so we pick Dolor

Gold:

• Smoulder: Adds fire damage to each successful hit. (3 + 1.5 per CA level + damage modifiers)
  • Frenzy: Chance for double hits on each affected opponent. (9.9% + 0.1% per CA level)

Well, fire is a mark of the inquisition… but hitting twice the skull of our foes is better. So we pick Frenzy

Mortifying Pillory: This attack confuses the enemies, ideal for groups of enemies and if we are close to one, a rooster with poison damage puts it.

Bronze:

• Disgrace: Reduces the opponent's armour value for a brief period. (45 + 5 per Combat Art level reduction to opponent's physical armour)
  • Loathing: Increases the chance that more opponents attack the outlaw. (73.3% + 0.13% per Combat Art level)

We will take Disgrace because it is better to reduce the armour temporarily.

Silver:

• Proclamation: Increases the threat the outlaw poses to other opponents. (25% + 0.2% per Combat Art level increased area of effect)
  • Expulsion: Forces the target to remain an outlaw for a longer period of time. (+30% at Combat Art level 1, +33% at Combat Art level 10, 53.2% at Combat Art level 100, etc.)

We will take proclamation to extend our “truth” further.

Gold

• Mortify: Reduces the target's defence value. (90 + 10 per Combat Art)
  • Decay: Adds more poison damage. (6 + 2 per Combat Art level poison damage + damage modifiers)

In my case I picked mortify. Yes, the poison damage is good, but there are enemies that are resistant to poison.

Frenetic Fervor: It is the only aura that we will use, it increases the attack speed (a bit useless when we raise the weapon's specialization) and increases the speed of execution of the spells.

Bronze

• Faith: Reduces casting time for spells. (29.5% + 0.5% per CA level increase to cast speed)
  • Fanaticism: Increases attack speed. (14.8% + 0.2% per CA level increase / 50% increase from base value)

We choose Fanaticism to hit faster all those who find in our way.

Silver:

• Contemplation: Increases the inquisitor's dodge chance. (19.8% + 0.2% per CA level chance to evade)
  • Resolve: Increases the inquisitor's attack value. (40% + 10% per CA level increase)

If you have the chance to choose a good increase in your attack value, you will not choose it?. So, we choose Resolve.

Gold

• Relentless: Increases the duration of the Frentic Fervor. (33.3% increase)
  • No escape: Increases run speed. (29.5% + 0.5% per CA level increase)

We pick Relentless… Why run faster when you can have more damage for a longer time?

Purifying Chastisement: This buff increases our physical damage the less life we have.

Bronze:

• Purge: Increases inflicted fire damage. (18% + 2% per CA level fire damage)
  • Mystic: Increases inflicted magic damage. (18% + 2% per CA level magic damage)

We take mystic for that sweet magic damage which also synergizes with Levin Array.

Silver:

• Merciless: The threshold for the maximum effectiveness is raised to 35% of remaining hitpoints. (+10% increase)
  • Eradicate: Greatly increases the chance for critical hits. (9.9% + 0.1% per CA level chance)

We take merciless, because to use eradicate we have to be half dead and we risk too much, in addition we already have a good frequency of critics with tactics lore.

Gold

• Inure: The inquisitor receives less damage. (9.9% + 0.1% per CA level damage mitigation of all types)
  • Hallow: Adds more damage. (18% + 2% per CA level increase to all damage types)

Here it depends on your tastes but I prefer more damage so we would take hallow.

ASTUTE SUPREMACY

Levin Array: This spell does magical damage in a cone shaped area in front of you…. UNLIMITED POWEEEER (sorry I must do the bad joke here)

Bronze

• Disperse: Increases the angle of effectiveness. (45° increase in area of effect/ 50% increase from base value)
  • Elongation: Increases the range of the lightning streaks. (20% increase)

Better we take disperse, because it already has a good distance, and to give to all those around us is better.

Silver:

• Paralyze: Briefly decreases movement speed of affected opponents. (50% + 0.5% per CA level decrease)
  • Hesitation: Briefly reduces the opponent's attack speed. (19.8% + 0.2% per CA level decrease)

We will take hesitation and thus reduce the attack speed because they hit us less times, and we live more time.

Gold:

• Steal Life: Adds a chance to draw life from opponents. (3.3 + 0.7 per CA level life leeched) - This works exactly the same as Life Leeched +X and is modified by Astute Supremacy Lore, but not by +% Damage.
  • Dynamic: Increases the chance for critical hits. (19.8% + 0.2% per CA level chance)

We get dynamic for a simple reason, if we kill them fast, they won't hurt us.

Raving Thrust: This spell pushes all the enemies that it catches ahead, very useful when we are surrounded by hundreds of enemies.

Bronze:

• Lash Out: Increases the range of Raving Thrust. (50% increase)
  • Bedaze: Adds a chance to stun opponents briefly. (19.8% + 0.2% chance)

We take bedaze and hit everyone without the enemies being able to do anything.

Silver:

• Relay: Opponents near the targeted opponent will also be knocked back. (39° + 1° per CA level increased cone / 260% + 6.7% per CA level increase from base value)
  • Vehemence: Increases damage caused. (33.3% increase)

We take relay to stun everyone around us.

Gold:

• Lesion: A successful hit greatly reduces the target's base hitpoints for a brief period. (19.9% + 0.1% per CA level chance of deep wound)
  • Tumble: Adds a chance to disarm opponents when they are knocked back. (9.9% + 0.1% per CA level chance)

Choose lesion… less hitpoints = more enemies dead in less time

Zealous Doppleganger: We summon our safety dummy to help us in battle, and if we die we are going to become the dummy (only in softcore…. In hardcore it’s like Dark Souls)

Bronze:

• Incentive: Increases the doppelganger's attack and defence values. (25% + 5% per CA level increase)
  • Vigor: The doppelganger receives a minor hitpoint regeneration rate. (2500hp/s + 25hp/s per CA level / 600hp/s + 6hp/s per CA level as buff)

We take incentive because it increases the defence of the clone.

Silver:

• Equal: The doppelganger receives the aspect Gruesome Inquisition.
  • Domination: The doppelganger receives the aspect Astute Supremacy.

It doesn't matter which one you take, so pick your favourite.

Gold:

• Determination - The doppleganger's lifespan increases by 30%. (33.3% increase)
  • Companion - Causes permanent doppelganger (buff).

We take companion. We turn it into a buff, and if we die due to an oversight, we become the dummy.

Clustering Maelstorm: Everything within range of the maelstrom will be drawn in to collide heavily at its core. Opponents will sustain damage from the collision.

Bronze:

• Gravitation: Adds a damage bonus to Clustering Maelstrom. (42.9% increase)
  • Chaos: Opponents tumbling into other opponents will inflict more damage. (49.5% + 0.5% per Combat Art level increase)

We will take chaos because we will use it against very large groups.

Silver:

• Vortex: Increases the range of Clustering Maelstrom. (18.75% increased area of effect from base value)
  • Gash: Adds bleeding damage (damage over time). (42 + 21 per Combat Art level physical damage over time (+damage modifiers))

Pick gash to increase the damage.

Gold:

• Vortex - Increases the range of Clustering Maelstrom. (18.75% increased area of effect from base value)
  • Stupefy - Adds a chance to stun opponents briefly. (14.9% + 0.1% per Combat Art level chance)

And now it’s time to increase the range of our enemy washing machine, so pick vortex.

Reverse Polarity: This is the “why are you attacking yourself” aura

Bronze:

• Rebound - Adds a chance to reflect magic damage. (20% + 2% per CA level chance to reflect combat arts)
  • Sphere - Opponents within a certain radius around the Inquisitor will be hit and damaged by small streaks of lightning. (21 + 10.5 per CA level magic damage (+damage modifiers))

We take rebound, since increasing the level increases the possibility of reflecting and because we have the Levin Array to launch lightnings to our enemies.

Silver:

• Counterblow - Adds a chance to reflect close combat damage. (20% + 2% per CA level chance)
  • Perfection - Increases the effectiveness against ranged damage. (14% + 1.4% per CA level chance to reflect projectiles)

We take counterblow, cause we are going to be in the middle of the room with 40 guys… and we need protection.

Gold:

• Exploit - Each party member receives 5% of the damage intended for the Inquisitor. (4.9% + 0.1% per CA level)
  • Evade - Increases the defence value. (10 + 5 per CA level flat increase)

Ok I know that is fun to pick exploit, specially when you go in a team with 3 squishy characters, but in this case we are going to pick evade to increase our defence values.

5.COMBOS

COMBO 1: Agglomerating Whirlpool

We left her alone in a combo to take advantage of the Combat Discipline regeneration discount.

COMBO 2: Levin Array / Ruthless Mutilation / Raving Thrust

With Levin Array we reduce the attack speed of the enemies and do a lot of damage with Dynamic, with Ruthless Mutilation we will hit them again, we will recover some hitpoints and with Raving Thrust we will push the "possible" survivors and we will stun them to finish them off. (Very useful specially to make a grilled scorpion quickly)

COMBO 3: Mortifying Pillory / Cruel Execution

This combo is for a single enemy or for bosses, with Mortifying Pillory we greatly reduce the enemy's resistance and with Callous Execution we will deal recurring damage, we will reduce the enemy's hit points and we will make a lot of pain. (Very useful if you want to make your enemies die without seeing the truck who hit them)

COMBO 4: Frenetic Fervor / Levin Array / Ruthless Mutilation / Raving Thrust:

First of all, we are gonna buff ourselves, then the Levin Array attacks all enemies around, reduces their attack speed and then Ruthless Mutilation slows even more, absorbs life and has a double hit and Raving Thrust to drive away the debris and if they survive, it stuns them.

COMBO 5: Mortifying Pillory / Callous Execution:

The Mortifying Pillory weakens the enemy with disgrace and mortify and with Callous Execution we play baseball with their skulls.

6.SETS

In this case you need Deylen’s Power to give this build a good power spike.

7.DEITY

We will use the gift of Testa, when using the divine gift, balls of T-energy will come out that will damage all nearby enemies and the damage increases with intelligence.

8.SHROUD SPIDER

We will only use the mount for long rides. We will use the generic one.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And with this, the guide is over. Thanks for all and remember one thing:

UNLIMITED POWEEEEEEEEEEER.

If you find anything where you can improve this build, put it down below and I will add the upgrades/variants section

• Appreciation 1
  • 2 months later...

Sorry for being a little late here or commenting later on at this guide. As a recent Inquisitor player (really started spamming him since early 2020 when pandemic hit and we had to stay home) I have to admit this is a nice build overall and pretty much on point for my taste of play.

Still remember I've had not long ago a pretty similar style (was using the Soul Reaver buff instead of Doppelganger, which I left as a stand alone spell) and was one piece away from completing the Disgraced Gods set... all until I took a one-hit-knockout from the dragon champs on the Seraphim Islands. 

One suggestion I'd like to say is that you can consider learning Armor Lore a bit earlier than level 65 (if your skill build is listed based on levels). It really reduces regeneration time as well as granting you a little more survivability and movement speed. In fact, Armor Lore is a must-have skill for all my builds, no matter the style nor the toon, I like to have it way early on, at levels 8-12 or even earlier :D

• Appreciation 1
  • 1 month later...
On 4/27/2021 at 9:08 PM, RavenLight said:

Sorry for being a little late here or commenting later on at this guide. As a recent Inquisitor player (really started spamming him since early 2020 when pandemic hit and we had to stay home) I have to admit this is a nice build overall and pretty much on point for my taste of play.

Still remember I've had not long ago a pretty similar style (was using the Soul Reaver buff instead of Doppelganger, which I left as a stand alone spell) and was one piece away from completing the Disgraced Gods set... all until I took a one-hit-knockout from the dragon champs on the Seraphim Islands. 

One suggestion I'd like to say is that you can consider learning Armor Lore a bit earlier than level 65 (if your skill build is listed based on levels). It really reduces regeneration time as well as granting you a little more survivability and movement speed. In fact, Armor Lore is a must-have skill for all my builds, no matter the style nor the toon, I like to have it way early on, at levels 8-12 or even earlier :D

I know, but I preferred to obtain the advantages that allowed me to improve the skills and add the modifiers of each of them, rather than the survivability that Armor Lore grants. As you will see, at level 75 there are 3 mastered skills, and in my case I didn't really need to raise the armor until almost the end. However, the lack of skill points can be made up with equipment that has a + X to all abilities, which makes this inquisitor really lethal.

• Thanks! 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey there, nice to see there are peoples still playing this game today.

I used to play it 10 years ago on PS3. Today I get it on PC and am discovery the Ice&Blood extension. So many things have changed compared with console version. The game seems way harder, even in bronze!

Thank you for sharing your build. A few remarks:

- Why not adding Clustering Maelstorm at the beginning of combo 2?

- Are combo 3 and 5 the same ones?

- I really like dislodge spirit, even unmodified it really helps dealing with bosses/champions. Don't you use it at all?

• Appreciation 1
On 7/22/2021 at 10:38 AM, Th3orY said:

Hey there, nice to see there are peoples still playing this game today.

I used to play it 10 years ago on PS3. Today I get it on PC and am discovery the Ice&Blood extension. So many things have changed compared with console version. The game seems way harder, even in bronze!

Thank you for sharing your build. A few remarks:

- Why not adding Clustering Maelstorm at the beginning of combo 2?

- Are combo 3 and 5 the same ones?

- I really like dislodge spirit, even unmodified it really helps dealing with bosses/champions. Don't you use it at all?

Clustering Maelstrom at least for the visuals...worth it for the rush of seeing them all drawn in !

Flix put this video for the animation in SacredWiki for reference: