• Restart?
  2. 2. Progression type:

• By character lvl?
    • By server difficulty?
    • both?
  3. 3. Is the max lvl cap useful?

• Yes?
    • No?

So you weren't kidding then when you said there were a LOT of gobbies eh. I recall reading something you had said to that affect in game. Must have done some serious leveling from that! Was there a lot in just a concentrated area gial or did it seem like the entire goblin area was over crowded? Very curious indeed. Nice capture. :) I've got one for Funkilicious as well. :)

Several gifts were brought to event from Ari, daveO, erialc, gial, and myself for all to enjoy.

gifts0000.jpg

With 9 people joining in this Kamikaze we broke into 3 parties of 3 in the hopes of maintaining lag. Alas to no avail... I'm very very sorry to everyone for the terrible lag. I'm actually quite shocked that it could be so bad and I really don't know what to say except that I do intend to find out whats gone on. It's a real disappointment when a fun event can be crushed by something as relentless as Sacred lag... :( We've had some awesome ones with just as many players and more even so I'm baffled as to why this is happening. To make matters worse the servers completely shut down for about an hour abruptly ending our fun. Ascaron has been chanting that it's not the servers it's the client but more and more I doubt that to be true. Hard to say for sure though.

None the less the show must go on! :D

Next Sunday will be a max level of 30.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A picture of the action for Funkilicious. I've never seen so many goblins on the lawn at once.

goblins.jpg

Yeah ... I might have something to do with that :)

It was only a small spawn at first .... Didn't lag anyout out since I was only one in the area at the time of spawn, so saw no harm in it.

was like 3x that much gobo's at first. Sry. :(

But I promise that I first made sure it wouldn't cause any other lag... I just used the allready present lag :)

prOm :D

I have some pictures too, but I have to agree with Schot that it's Ascaron's SERVERS and not the systems that are at fault. The servers have been quite buggy and laggy online so I truly that it's more on the other end. Besides, once more than 4 people join a server CTDs and drops are not uncommon. Again this is likely a server issue and NOT our PCs causing the issues.

P.S. - I managed to get to level 26 today before the server reset, so I'll be xferring pots over if I have spares. I shared 20-30 with another player while leveling up.

Edited by DaveO

I couldn't play yesterday at all RL kicked in and blah hehe...but by all accounts sounds like the servers were a real pain! Glad to see though the big turn out when I did get on for a second to drop Gials runes & pots off! (hehe sorry they were late Gial)

I have level'd my demon up to around 39 I think so I might now be a bit high for next week :( Unless I just join and don't party up :P....*Looks for halo*

Great you got the pics Funki, I am still working on that time machine ;) You know thinking along those lines maybe the servers are at the busiest at that time so how about trying a new time for it one sunday. Late nighter if everyone could do that?

Just ideas...I'd hate to see the lag monster chase away everyone from having these great meets :)

Is there a way Sacred can be played on non ascaron servers? :Just_Cuz_21: Yeah I know I really need some coffee :P

Wow the pix look fabulous and I was playing at the time of the event, but now with you all cause I didn't really know what it was all about! But I was talking to someone about it earlier today it was Evil :Just_Cuz_21:

And he said I should join in this week...I think I got a char at level 25 that I wouldn't mind slowing down the leveling on to keep him for Kamis...so I think I will join in when I can and its great that you guys host an event like this...ever since DAers switched over more to WoW we rarely have large events...but its great that you all leave it open for everybody cause I remember how enjoyable those events are!

Can't wait to see you all,

StiCk_eM

Yeah ... I might have something to do with that :Just_Cuz_21:

It was only a small spawn at first .... Didn't lag anyout out since I was only one in the area at the time of spawn, so saw no harm in it.

was like 3x that much gobo's at first. Sry. :(

No problem prom, as I was already several levels above them. They were all gray circles and, as you can see, just standing around. Took me a few to realize they were not worth the bother and to move on.

kool shot of the goblins....lol

Moonwatcher and I were checking to see the time for the level "ones" and I guess we missed it. DANGIT! :Just_Cuz_21:

maybe we will have better luck next time....

We have both been playing solo on Sacred Gold not sure how to join up together yet, still *newbie* to Sacred since been so long.....

Well hope to catch you all sometime online so can get joined up and play.

I am running a Dark Elf so much fun.....dual weilding FTW

HI to all and catch you all later I hope...........

Stargazer

Hey stargazer and moonwatcher - level 30 this coming Sunday. You sound like you can make that. I'm starting a new one today to be 30 next Sunday, too. It's not too late. . . it's never too late!

I'm US central time as well, and usually on between 7 or 8 and about 11 pm. (Cutting out a little early tonight, though). Schot often comes in a little later. Usually somebody there all evening.

Hope to see you both

:lol: opps I need to make a new one...shes far to high now but couldn't resist having too much fun with Funki and others. Not seen silver so busy in a loooong time :P

*cough* I'll have a new demon for sunday but this one is on a roll :blink:

Most of the Kami players likely have one or more higher level characters. I will admit that my Gladiator @ 140 is the highest right now, but he's awfully lonely after seeing my rising DE get crushed just a bit past level 100. My goal is to reach 140 or higher with this Blizzard character, and I won't stop until that happens :lol:

Super! More people for the fun. :blink: Ah Stick'em you are definitely more than welcome to join in as is anyone!

@Stargazer & Moonwatcher:

Doh! You know I was wanting to PM you both about it but got so caught up with forum duties. I second that "DANGIT!!" :blink: Buuuuut... Level 30 isn't so very far away. I'd be glad to help you both out. :blink:

Clair, you speed leveling Daemon you! :blink: Stop that! lol. You could have an army of level 30's by Sunday, haha. I'm liking the idea of "testing" out a different time to see if lag would be less by playing at a time when servers are not as busy. As it is I checked the notice on the SIF about peak server activity and it shows that we are in fact playing our Kamikaze at the most busy time. Something to look into for sure. Maybe a Saturday evening time?

Oh and it was awesome to get to play you Funkilicious and Claire. Oh wait... Did we play at all? All I can remember is gut busting laughter and scary Josephite nuns. :P lol.

Quick question about the level 30 max that was decided. Is it too low? Would folks prefer a higher max for future Bonzai Bronze Kamikaze's? The thing to consider though is that there is always a chance that one person will lose their character during the run and that they will want to start a new character to reach level 30 in order to join in the following Sunday. It's very easy to level your character during the Kamikaze run because there are so many people on the server which creates a high amount of experience per kill. During the week when the servers are quiet it will take a little longer to level. Add real life to that and it could prove even more difficult. All that said, is level 30 too low a goal?

Well I've got some work to do on my characters. See you on the servers gang! :lol:

I think we should stick to level 30 for now for three reasons. The first was already mentioned in that there ARE people still rebuilding toons, so let's not leave anybody behind. Second reason is that level 30 is your seventh skill choice pick. Quite a nice stopping point without worrying about the next skill choice for a while. Third reason is that if we shoot for 35 or higher there is the risk that the next session would push us PAST level 60, which means NO +skills bonuses in Underworld(too lucrative to pass up in my opinion).

There were two KIAs that I know of in last Sunday's session, and as we go higher I expect to see about the same or even more deaths as we attempt the more dangerous areas in Ancaria and Underworld.

Edited by DaveO
Oh and it was awesome to get to play you Funkilicious and Claire. Oh wait... Did we play at all? All I can remember is gut busting laughter and scary Josephite nuns. :cha (18): lol.

I haven't laughed so much for a while, and you are right, how long was it that we were just chatting, my bad, we didn't get to play. I seem to recall Orange Parachute Pants being mentioned too, how quick you forget :) Lucky enough though got to play with Claire later on, and that was fun. And Claire you are right, Silver has never looked that packed, well especially at my time. So much FUN, oh see you wouldn't want me at Kamikaze it would just be a talkfest. :hugs: or should I say a laughfest. :P

@schot, well I showed mine....lol where's yours:)

Edited by Funkilicious

I'll be ready next Sunday with a few set presents, which is probably true for a few others. I'll stick with sets in the 20s to 46 range so that on the next session there will be a good opportunity to put those sets to use. I've not posted my screen shots yet, but a quick upload to my Photobucket account will fix that. I'll wait to post three pics when my character reaches level 30. I AM looking forward to this Sunday's session, and I'm attempting to recruit another player for the next session.

P.S. - I played with Stick last night to get up to level 60 with my Dwarf character. Me and Stick were happily bashing those undead pirates, and I decided to have fun with those crabbies in the Crab Cave between the Pirate Isles and outside. Just stayed in the cave until level 60, and found out how useful the Flamethrower CA is for the Dwarf. I got basically all of the +skills quests again with the exception of the True Fighter sequence. That one will wait until I reach 85 at minimum.

Edited by DaveO

On the topic of things to try

I love the idea of going for a region boss event. I've never gotten that far yet...

in addition can the bounty hunt quest be done in a group? With the winner getting to redeem the quest and get the prize? Winner being he with the highest level at the end (thus who did the most killing)

Sat nights work well for me... thats my late night so I can stay on for a LONG time *g*

@schot, well I showed mine....lol where's yours:)

lol Ummm, errrr... :cow_white: *squirm* You weren't actually supposed to do it! Hahaha. Kidding. :lol: I'm working out my story, lol.

@DaveO:

Oh a new recruit! Who have you tricked, err, invited to come along? :)

@Genenut:

Nice idea Genenut. Is that the quest where you need to check the wanted poster to do the quest?

Oh btw. For those who may not have seen it the announcement for the Kamikaze can be found by the following:

Kamikaze Sunday, Samurai Silver!

Thats exactly the quest I'm talking about. The poster is south of timberton and east of faries crossings. I just dont know if it can be done as a group since it doesnt show up in the quest log.

Edited by Genenut

I was attempting to recruit a player that had a hand into recruiting me into the DA clan. He told me that Guild Wars will stay as his main gaming focus. So, no new additions from me yet but there is the small possibility that I may suck somebody else into the Kamikaze addiction.

Brought some souvenirs from last Sundays Kamikaze. Twas a great deal of fun and whats more is the servers decided to be relatively nice to us! This time... :)

And a couple pics:

kamikaze2nd.jpg

kamikaze2nd1.jpg

Looking forward to the next one gang! For now the time and date will stay as it has been. I've updated the announcement which you can check at the following:

Kamikaze Sunday, Samurai Silver!

Good game everyone! :devil:

Brilliant movie SChot!

lol, the part where you guys take out the dragon is boss! Don't know what it is...but I always get a kick out of seeing groups of peep diving in and out, running around and doing darting on attacks on dragons.

Bronze dragons are always the most fun, and your video made the danger of that dragon pretty apparent.

Nice job here

:drinks:

gogo

Please Sign In or Sign Up