3. 3. Is the max lvl cap useful?

• Yes?
    • No?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet another Kamikaze arrives! :)

Wow. I think it's been nearly 3 months now that this has been going. :o Sadly, I won't be with you all this time around as I've got some family bizz to do but I leave you all in good hands with Claire and Ari. :)

*looks at Claire's stomping boots and Ari's whip* Well you should all be recovered by next weeks Kamikaze at least! :)

Here's a friendly reminder of the announcement with some important info for any of the new folks planning to join in:

Kamikaze Sunday, Platinum!

Oh and a few nags to you all:

-Remember to clean up the island and reset the server

-darkday is this pass

-Host should use DSL connection

-4 players per team is prob best

-Buy health pots! :thumbsup:

I hope you guys have an awesome time and I'll try to get in before the action is done! Take pics! :D

Well firstly, that was great fun, a big turn out! Lots of giggles and wild unmerciless killing partied up with Csaszar, Gial and Prom. We were running the pirates for a boss and hitting the cave hard...great fun and that fantastic HC rush ;) The Cave of hero's was cleared so fast I swear I saw nothing...sorry no time for pics just kill kill kill! ( I think I might have got one in the pirate cave, I'll have a looky in a while)

Then after a ctd Gial and Csaszar said I had no health. I saw I had full health and decided to relog in case something was up!...oh boy was it ever!...my lovely demon lol (hey it just happened let me gush *g*) level 137 had reverted to a level 1 HC demon with no clothes, no runes, no cash no nada not even a wooden torch!. I was shocked very very shocked...and a bit sad...but ack I have had such a laugh up till then I can't be too sad. I haven't the heart to ask for a reset as this is my main account and I have a de there with the highest level I have ever reached...so I just can't face it. *sniff* hehe.

I'll rebuild and just grin evolly :P

Big Thanks to Everyone for a great Kami!...Keep safe and kill everything that moves muwaahahaha...I'll see you all in niob!...will the next Kami go to niob?...please say yes :)

Cheers

Claire :D

Oh Claire, I'm so so sorry! :) I know where you are right now after my own toon got bugged back to softcore :D You know, if you inform ascaron they can help you with a reset.

I will say though that it sounds like everyone had a great time, and that your recounted memories did put a smile on my face.

You will rebuild...and come back stronger!

;)

gogo

Hi :)

Strangest thing was that Claire were not even close to any danger when that thing happened. She was on island resocketing stuff when I saw her life rapidly going down to full empty red circle - while staying on isle.

I need to add that it was prety frightening to see that. Now we saw an another strange bug that threatens us ;)

Btw:

Claire lost quite a bit stuff on that Demon so we should try to help her out when or if she plans to rebuild her.

Csaszar

Due to both Gial and Claire having to rebuild, I think we should start a new Bronze server. Gial got jumped in the swamp from the arena quest while we wanted to recruit those 5 goons after seeing Ari and her Super Bunny. I'm open to the level req for the next Sunday session, but for now I think it's better that we help the rebuilders rather than push forward in a mad rush for Niobium.

The good news is that I have several Bronze/Silver toons to help a rebuilder so just post to a thread, and I'll see what I can do to help.

I'll bet her circle looked empty to us but full to her because our view was 100 of the 40k or so points, but she saw 100 of 100. Or some such. I didnt see it drop - just all of a sudden it looked empty.

And so, to help as many as possible to get to Platinum what would be a good goal? Level 20 for Silver, level 40, or level 60 to enter Gold. Since I have completely no clue where many of the lost 'sheep' are at in terms of levels, I believe that level 30 will be a good goal unless many have already hit that mark. Please reply to this thread so that I can notify Schot to make the announcement.

Oh Claire! WOW! um at least it was a unique experience? It was definitely the most glitchy Sunday game I think we have had yet.

Dave, any number works for me! Ive got several in the works and ready to run between 7 and 149. 30 sounds great and I'm always happy to play to help others get there too! :drunkards:

Edited by Ari'Laftia

Awh Claire! What a total rip off. Ugh! That has got to be the worst bugged death I have yet to hear of. Very sorry for that and for gial's loss as well. :) I'll certainly supply anything I can find of use for the both of you.

And so, to help as many as possible to get to Platinum what would be a good goal? Level 20 for Silver, level 40, or level 60 to enter Gold. Since I have completely no clue where many of the lost 'sheep' are at in terms of levels, I believe that level 30 will be a good goal unless many have already hit that mark. Please reply to this thread so that I can notify Schot to make the announcement.

Always the nobleman DaveO. :4rofl: I think it is fantastic that you want to help out folks to attain there platinum goals but I'm a wee bit confused. Is this a suggestion for something that you want to do during the week? I can certainly help you make an announcement to it's affect should you need. ;)

As for the Kamikaze this generation will go on for one more week. Given the fact that this past Sunday's Kamikaze began at level 120 as mentioned in the announcement I think reaching level 140 will be a real snap and an excellent way to cap off the generation. To the folks that might be left behind on this upcoming one I am very sorry but it's part of the journey that some will fall and need to wait for the next departure. At least in this case it is only one weekend. :)

Oh and just so I have an idea, does anyone know what lvls everyone acquired or presently has for their Kami toons?

Thanx! :P

I'm level 118 , servers were BAD on sunday and no cooperative at all

Maybe we could do a more formal olly this saturday of only up to a certain level (maybe no higher than 15 so the level spread isnt great) for those who died or cant make 140 for the level for kami?

Given that it took me a whole week to advance from 85 to 106 I don't see a realistic way I could attain 140 with the Blizzard Wood Elf. I'll just take it easy and let everyone else have fun at the next Kamikaze event. Though to be honest I don't understand why there can't be just a little flexibility for the Kamikaze event, especially in regard to the events brought on by server issues.

IF I have any free time I will set up informal Olly games during the entire week when I log on. One way I suppose to make up the pain endured by those who lost their Hardcore characters.

P.S. - I guess I might as well bring in my Gladiator since he is still 140 and is starting to turn into a high level mule.

Edited by DaveO

I've been debating the whole 'push' to level 140, and I'd like to see an attainable goal. During the last session, nobody reached level 125. I believe that level 130 is the more realistic goal. But after much thought, I believe the whole emphasis of Kamikaze has become the destination rather than the journey. By that I mean that I play to have fun with others, and I tend to not focus too much on what level my character is. When the game ceases to be fun and risks becoming obsessive is a sign for me to quit. And so, I won't be playing next Sunday with my Gladiator either. With the servers being very uncooperative or buggy more times than not when we play together, I feel it's time for me to stop my participation in the event. While I did have some fun, the multiple server issues are just too much for me. That was the reason why I'm sticking with my phased retirement plans. IF the server issues are resolved to a point where they are consistently reliable, I may reconsider my decision.

Sorry to hear that Daveo :) I will miss reading about your antics, but as we discussed last night, it is fun to play with people you build a bond with whether that be just nightly like me (I only get on for 2hrs max if I am lucky) or whether it is an organized event (for me it is olly olly) playing with friends is what is the important factor.

But like you said, when it becomes an obsession and cuts into real life (which should be first priority without a doubt) then the fun goes out the door.

Catch up on the servers soon :)

So far I've been very fortunate in not losing a single toon since my retirement announcement. I'm quite certain that the adventures WILL end for the characters I do have on the server sooner or later. It would be nice to make Niobium with the Blizzard Wood Elf build, but now that she's not going to be a part of the madness in the rush to whatever level is set for the next event I can take my time and enjoy the experience. If along the way I happen to pick up more people who I have yet to meet, so much the better that there will be a small chance that we may meet again online. It may take a few years, but it can happen. One person I met on the Clan DA site was a regular poster to the Might and Magic forums that used to be around. I've met her in-game once already on a different role playing game, so that IS an acquaintance I would not mind exploring more thoroughly and get to know her better :)

Edited by DaveO

Alrighty then. Perhaps I've missed the mark then? Honestly I thought that 140 was going to be very reasonable but after the recent posts here I did a little backtracking on the previous max level caps. It looks as though during the progression of this 2nd generation there was a jump from level 80 to level 120. I'm thinking this 40 level jump may have complicated things a little bit. Being that I wasn't at this past Kamikaze to see where everyone was at I had just assumed that the level 120 was attained by all but now I think I see otherwise.

It's totally about having a relaxed good time. That's all I ever hoped it to be and it certainly isn't about powerleveling. Personally I prefer to just coast along. I haven't forgotten that at all I assure everyone and to make a point of it I'm providing a poll so that participants can decide on what to do next. :)

Hopefully I've set this poll up correctly. Never made one before so here goes...

P.s.

Oh ok... So it stuck the poll at the very top of this topic. Well at least nothing blew up. :)

I voted for 130. I only have a weak DE at 145 that'd be high enough to maybe get into play later on, but he is WEAK, and I see him dieing in those full kamikaze servers. My other highest is a BM I've played in the late sessions of the previous generation Kamikaze and he's 125. It's hard to get to 140 in time, especially with that comp of mine acting up :)

Edited by Timotheus

I voted 140, I only have 150+ but I do have an old demon to play who is 144 iirc. She needs a lot of work and some TLC but maybe I could make her walkable. Then again I started a me dwarfy so who knows if I push him I can get him to 140. I'll keep my eyes open for what the lvls will be so I can sort out a toon :)

It's possible that I might have been able to reach 120 for last Sunday, but overtime on every single day of work and little free time led me to very small windows where I could play until the weekend. IIRC, I had reached level 91 on Friday and managed to get to 103 on Sunday morning. During the session I managed to get a few more levels while playing along with Curtis. My vote is for 130, but I'll only stop by on Sunday with the Gladiator to see if anybody needs any of the items in his chest stash.

I voted for the 130, last kami I dont even think the highest level got to 130, with this level we have still advanced from last kami. Olso with a level 130 the next sunday kami will be help in plat so people that are a few levels shy can still join us and when we all reach 140 making noib setting will be a nice way to get a fresh game to clear out all the lag :drunkards:

I voted on 130 as well :drunkards:

My DE is at 125 so should be able to hit that mark easily! (I'll try to catch you guys to reach it, cause thats half the fun!)

well is there such a problem between level 120 and 140 :)

in the end if there are 8 people in the game, all the opponents are strong, and wether they have level 140 or 150 doesnt really make all that difference.

My builds are far from super builds, and I take as much +experience gaigned and MF my chars can load (easy mods, not combat enhancing) and pretty much any char of mine in plat that has level 120, could easily be in a party with a level 140 and not get in trouble. Not sure how you lot feel about it, but I'd say just make sure ya can enter plat (and take something btween 120-145 maybe) so no level 178 come in.

other then that, 2 seperate teams can be made to have diff regions, and therefor diff opponent levels.

Last kami sunday I saw 2 DE's, a vamp and a demon. None of those chars are famous for their inability to kick *ss. so at least half the kami can handle the high levels, put the ones that are unsure in the lower level party. Problem is self-solving if u ask me

prOm

Edited by promatolya

I voted 140. As pr0m says, 10 levels is litrtle diffrence in plat. Last week we went all the way from just over 100 to 135 (yes, one toon was a wee bit over the 120 cap -- and I quote her verbatim). I don't think this was a problem for anyone. For the first time in a long time, last week we really saw diversity in levels.

I say cap at 140, but keep it in platinum so that's not a minimum too.

Or maybe I should go edit my vote to a self serving "restart".

Nah. See you all again at Kami 1, and ingame in the interim.

Please Sign In or Sign Up