Hello :-)

Hi! Everyone

Most of you know me as Momgold37 on the sacred servers. I figured since I was lurking ALOT over here and particiapting in Kamikaze sundays that I ought to register over here. *g*

I'm a full time working mom of 2, wife of a former US Navy sailor (discharged disabled) and spent 4 years livign in Japan thanks to Uncle Sam. While DH (dear husband) was in the Navy we lived in just about all 4 corners of the continental US and can say with some pride that we managed 6 moves in 7 years in the military and I have moved a total of 13 times in my life (father was USAF in Vietnam, I was born in a military hospital down south even though my family are new englanders through and through.

My oldest is 12 and was born in Japan. I think he misses the attention that a blonde haired blue eyed child gets over there ;-)

My youngest is 2 and born here in the north east USA. Looks like a carbon copy of my older son.

I've been playing sacred for almost 2 years now but just found on line sacred in the last 2 months. I've been playing computer rpg games for 18 years now... and paper rpgs just as long.

I am also into genealogy ;-)

DH and I will celebrate our 18th wedding anniversary this year...

that about sums me up. My life is work, family and when work and family let me - SACRED! ;-)

Welcome to DarkMatters Genenut. :cow_white:

I have to say I love your Intro. :lol:

Feel free to look around and post as much as you like. We are a worm comunity so you will always have someone to talk to here about any of the game including Sacred or anything else in the topics that we cover.

So once again welcome to FDM and have a great time posting here and maybe one day we will see you as part of the team :)

A geat big welcome to you Genenut. Welcome aboard! :cow_white:

So you've got the genealogy bug eh? My sister had it bad some years ago but her research was cut short due to the fact that she would need to travel to England in order to continue her search. Not only that but there is somewhat of a mystery to do with my mothers side. Apparently she wasn't able to discover our grandmothers tree and all that she has to go on is a locket with a womans name on it that my grandmother owned. I can see how genealogy can become very exciting. Hitting roadblocks and making breakthroughs. Uncovering family mysteries and discovering notable ancestors and their stories. Quite the adventure it can be I imagine. :) I do believe thought that she discovered that we are descendants of Captain Cook... Need to ask her about that, haha.

Very nice intro "Mom". Great to have you here. :lol:

Your sister might be interested to know the british census of 1901 and 1891 (I think) is online and searchable now. That might help her. I can find the url if I dig a bit at home if she needs/wants it.

As to my family, I have a tree, DH has a shrub... one line of his family resembles a tangles ball of yarn with all the cousin marriages in it. (and were talking 1st cousins and 1st cousins once removed cousin marriages) I've already told my elder son any girl he wants to marry if she's american and white has to pass a 5 gen genealogy test to prove shes not a close cousin ... DH and I are 9th cousins. *lol*

Welcome Genenut, hope you enjoy the topics that some people (looking at you Schot :cow_white: ) make you post. It is an extremely fun filled forum.

I do believe thought that she discovered that we are descendants of Captain Cook....

Oh Schot, those ties to Australia are lurking in the back hey.... :lol:

Heya Genenut and a big Welcome to FDM :cow_white:

I am pretty sure I have met you on the servers before :) I hoipe you'll make yourself at hiome here and enjoy posting :lol:

Hope to catch you online again soon.

Cheers

Claire :whistle:

• 3 months later...

Nice to meet yet another parent. I'm new here and felt a bit out of place at first but everyone made me feel so welcome. I have a ten year old son who is into Sacred and going to forums all over the net so he has been teaching me some as he learns more and more. Does your oldest son play the game? Just wanted to stop by and say glad to meet you and hope to get to know you better. :pitcher:

Salquod, my son while old enough to play sacred doesnt get internet time. He doesnt quite understand net safety or that he would be borrowing a computer to do it and has forced reinstalls of the os many many times in the past. So he doesnt get to play net games. He can play sacred locally on his computer (which has no modem) when its up and running but lately its been down because he installed a driver anyways that we told him he didnt need and now it wont boot.. *sigh*