Futurama...my latest addiction

Yes, I'm late on the bandwagon. But I saw a few clips on Youtube and now I"m horribly addicted. I don't care what anyone says...Matt's still got it. Everytime I hear the opening theme play my eyes light up and my grin starts. The characters, pacing, edginess of the writing... I'm enthralled.

I was a mini-fan of the Simpsons when they came out...but futurama seems to have something for me, now, that the Simpsons seemed to be missing in their later episodes. Mabye it's the freshenss of a lot of the scripts in the new series and the inclusivety of that beautiful one-eyed girl, the robot et al...

I'll probably have the entire series seen by the end of two weeks...

What next

:thumbsup:

gogo

I remember when I was unemployed I found this one site were I was able to watch about 4 seasons of futurama.. spent somedays just watching it and when I got bored I switched to simpsons (which I have seen about all the seasons there is). Would have watched 5'th season too but audio and video was not sync, so it was no fun.

Too bad this site were closed by Fox, not hard to understand why :thumbsup: still there is some episodes.. site was something like daily media... something.

Awesome Clip!

looooooool!

Guys, I'm so happy to have found fellow futuramians!

Who's yer favorite toon...and do you have a favorite episode?

My favorite episode so far's the one where the dog gets left behind in the past...and then dies of old age! :P

Potent and a bit chilling if you ask me.

:thumbsup:

gogo

p.s. OB, did you try youtube for the fifth season?

I think the programmers for sacred liked this show too as there is atleast one funny message about bending being my middle name that HAS to be from bender.... *eg*

Cartoon network is running this at 11pm as part of the thier sat night line up, family doesnt miss an ep *g*

Hehe Futurama the next in line from the Simpsons.

I am a big Matt Groening fan all his work is off this world.

Favorite toon that is a hard one I like Dr. Zoibergp[thought better to put a back up toon]

Favorite episode man there are so many and have to say it has to be some time since I have watched any so I will say one of them is the one when there was a huge ball of junk on the way to earth and they had to make a nother on to send it off corse from hitting earth. Or the one when bender became human.

Gogo, haven't found more than clips of the show from youtube and I like to see full episodes.

And for the best episodes this has to be one of the best ones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYk32VD6I_4 but I think most of the episodes in the beginning of first season are the best ones. And best character.. this is a hard one.. fry.. no bender.. no fry.. ehh, can't decide, both are so great.

Ive always liked these shows

cartoon network has always had a really good eye for their "adult swim" line up.

Is there anything particular that brings futurama above other similar shows? .......like family guy, american dad, Aqua teen hunger force, Sealab 2021, home movies, The boondocks (my favorite)

Is there anything particular that brings futurama above other similar shows? .......like family guy, american dad, Aqua teen hunger force, Sealab 2021, home movies, The boondocks (my favorite)

heh, probably not Surfside...it's just that I found Futurama lately...and now I'm hooked...Family Guy looks pretty funny from the few clips I've seen...Count on me to be starting up another addiction thread soon.

:)

gogo

• 3 months later...

Its time top bring this topic back to life. Why? because Futurama is back. Back with a Direct to DVD movie called Futurama: Bender's Big Score But the good news is that Matt Groening has own once more and we will be seeing 13 new episodes of Futurama in 2008. So have no fear Futurama is back and better then ever. I recommend this new Futurama direct to DVD movie for everyone to take a look at it is very fun and you can have a blast one night for the Christmas holidays with it. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's a cartoon show for geeks. And I've got the lot on DVD.

Favourite episode? Prolly the Titanic one from Season One. Or the one where Lela sleeps with Zap "You'll be crawling back for a taste of sweet sweet Zap. BAM!".

Then there's the one where Fry drinks a hundred cups of coffee and time slows down. Man, I've been there.

Favourite quote? Mmm... almost everything Bender says or

Zap: "Well all that's left if for the Captain to go down with his ship"

Kiff: "I don't know what to say Sir, that's extremely noble of you..."

Zap: "No, it's noble of you, Kiff! I hereby promote you to Captain".

Oh, too many!

All hail the hypnotoad! :blink:

My favourite character is the old mad scientist. He's always coming out with zingers.

And Zoidberg is fun too.

My fav episode HAS TO BE the one with KIDNAPSTER and the Lucy Liu robot.

I"ll love you forever *loud machine voice* PHILIP J. FRY!

pause

MEMORY DELETED!

====

I just was googling the hypnotoad... and well. Found this. Who'd-a-thunk-it?

• 2 years later...

! ! ! OMG ! ! !

..futurama is back on TV -

with a brand new 6th season.

have you been watching the premiere?

only have seen a trailer yet,

but looove what the hypnotoad has to say,

prior to the usual

intro sequence :)

Edited by Rotluchs

! ! ! OMG ! ! !

..futurama is back on TV -

with a brand new 7th season.

have you been watching the premiere?

only have seen a trailer yet,

but looove what the hypnotoad has to say,

prior to the usual

intro sequence :)

I heard about this from a mate. Apparently the first two episodes were leaked on the net or something. Looking forward to it though!