New Contest...We're looking for 20 New Avatars for DarkMatters!

Hey guys!

Hey Graphics Gurus!

We're running a new contest now...told you there'd be more! :)

I don't know if you've noticed but our own forum software here offers some base gallery avatars when peeps are putting their avatars in.

Here's the selection that they offer:

Yup...sucks huh :P

Anyway...we was thinking that us making a contest out of this would allow peeps here to get their creations into the structure of FDM...and who wouldn't wanna do that?

As well...we have just found new code that will allow us to put in a default avatar for all new registrants to our site. What this basically means is that, when new registrants get this new default avatar automatically until they upload their own.

This solves the problem of ugly avatar spaces..and we get to have our community have some fun.

So here are the rules!

We are asking for avatar submissions that will total 20. This means that the DarkMatters Gallery will have a total of 20 avatars to choose from when new registrants are signing up.

The requirements for the avatars are strict, with absolutley no give and/or stretch.

Each avatar must have the dimensions of 100 x 100

Each avatar can be no more than 20 kb per image.

Each avatar MUST have the words DarkMatters upon them.

All submissions to be official MUST be made upon this thread.

The contest will run for one month from today. We will close the doors after this and then the judging panel all from the mod team here will take a week in deciding from the submissions.

No other rules other than keep it clean if you want to have it judged for use in our gallery.

There are no limits to the number of avatars that each person can submit. We're looking for 20, and you guys have got a month, so have fun. We're going to try and include a wide range of styles and interpretations of this site, community and it's games. Be creative and show us stuff that you yourself would be proud of someone using as an avatar here on our forum.

Here's the grabber...The Mod Team Judging Panel will choose from the twenty avatars chosen for the gallery ONE avatar that will become the Default Avatar for DarkMatters.

This means, that if your avatar gets picked...when someone new here registers and they don't right away put up an avatar...it'll be your work in their avatar space for all of us to smile at.

And that's it.

Good luck and hoping to see some stellar submissions!

Cheers

:)

gogo

:)

gogo

Brilliant Ike!

lol, you've got the avatar flow goin...my favorite's got to be the smarties with the DarkMatters on em! And the Sacred Avatar...just regal.

:drinks:

gogo

p.s. And good luck with the internet connection, Undone.

I totally understand your reasoning for wanting DarkMatters on all the avatars but I was wondering how literal you were being... as in would it be okay to just have "D.A.R.K."? Just want to check that....

Good question Nightwolfe.

The reason why we ask for DarkMatters to be on all the avatars is because the avatars, being defaults, need to be representative of all the site and not just the clans that we sponsor.

D.a.r.k. is just our clans, whereas DarkMatters is our entire site. While the clans and gaming are a large part of this community's interests, the Key Largo area's posting numbers are almost as big.

However saying DarkMatters this way...

D.a.r.k. Matters

is cool and would be allowed as an official entry for this contest.

Great seeing your interest here Nightwolfe, I know know you're good with the images.

Good luck

:drinks:

gogo

Thanks for the quick reply! Okay I totally get what your saying.... sounds like great reasoning to me hehe.

Here is my first one... will probably come up with more later lol. You know how much I LOVE photoshop!

DarkMatters.gif

I had to force myself away from Titan Quest :

scl_av1.pngscl_av2.pngscl_av3.pngscl_av4.png

scl_av5.pngscl_av6.pngscl_av7.pngscl_av8.png

errr, some of these images exceed the 20Kb limit - I'll be fixing them soon !

Edited by Scleameth

Some great work all around people. :lol:

This topic is really on fire. :lol:

Who ever will be picking the winer will have some really hard work before them.

And who knows what other types we will get in here soon. :P

P.S.: I love those space ones they will look good for Ogame :D

I want to thank everyone for all their contributions to this collection. So far the images being submitted are outstanding. Nightwolfe and Scleameth, great seeing your work on this thread...we have lots of room for more!

An important note here though. If you want your submission to be considered as official for this contest, please remember this contest's posted rules and remember that the words DarkMatters must be on an avatar image for it to be considered for judging as use of one our official 20 avatars. Kb size and dimension sizes are important as well.

The thread is rolling, hoping to see some more.

Cheers!

:4rofl:

gogo

Sure I'll list here from left to right as 1 - 8 :

1 & 2 from Animewallpapers.com, but can't exactly remember which categories, though. here are the originals - I think the file names might be a hint 1st 2nd

3, 4, 5 was googling - I once attempted to create a sort of Sacred wallpaper image using non-sacred images, but that failed... I held on to the images though.

6 is a common Warcraft 3 image - think it's actually one of the cover art images of the woodelf

7 is a Sacred 2 screenshot - It's just the mirror image of an image I'm sure everyone knows

8 is a Hubble image minus all the blue...

Edited by Scleameth