The most played game by the kids in our corona tent camp. Early access version is already lot of fun and multiplayer works nicely. Anyone playing it?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, chattius said:

The most played game by the kids in our corona tent camp. Early access version is already lot of fun and multiplayer works nicely. Anyone playing it?

lol chattius.. careful of this beast!
Schot has been playing it with my cousin  about five to 8 hours .. ive never seen him into a game this much before, cept maybe sacred when it came out?

This game is demon spawn!

lol no havent played it yet.. its too sim city for me

:devil:

gogo

Haven't tried myself, but it seems multiplayer developes groupwork abilities in the kids. One is good in hunting, another a sailor, another building houses, ...

I just notice that at bad weather this seems to be thje game they play.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, chattius said:

Haven't tried myself, but it seems multiplayer developes groupwork abilities in the kids. One is good in hunting, another a sailor, another building houses, ...

I just notice that at bad weather this seems to be thje game they play.

ha... i meant to say 5 to 8 hours PER DAY... dont tell anyone I said that... but my cousin's wife has been complaining about my cousin and his red eyes over this game...

I keep asking whats the draw...and keep getting vacant doe-eyed stares

:blink:

gogo

Some build a wooden hut as their home, others the Eiffeltower.

The kids build a viking longhouse, based on modules. If it gets too small another module is added. No need that everyone has the best armour, sword, spear, ...

The hunter gets the best bow, tank best armour and shield, ...

By using only minimal resources you can advance quite quickly. Teams can hunt trolls and sea serpents way earlier than a single player....

And don't under estimate the effect of real life talking. coordination is so much easier. And now I have to play with paperwork. Nwe quartal started today and I have to help my wife to do all the paperwork for the last one.

• Haha 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Is this the Valheim Anonymous support group?  Ok, I confess.  I was juuuust a wee LOT into this.   Like, I was playing way too much!

Needless to say I adore Valheim.  One of the best that I've played in quite a while.  I played with 2 others on a server we're renting and that probably adds a lot to the fun factor.  Bizarrely enough, what I like most is it's semi hard core take on character deaths.  It reminds me a bit of the old Sacred game.  In the old Sacred, when someone died, your friends could help by going and picking up your stuff before the dead person left the game in order to preserve the nice gear acquired.
In Valheim, when a player dies, they leave a tombstone where they died that contains their entire inventory.  The trick is that sometimes players die in very far away lands or highly dangerous areas.  The player that died can gamble and run for their gear from where ever they respawn but that can be pretty deadly.  But!  With friends on the server you can call them in to help out. 
All that said, I find that Valheim brings about fond memories of the HC camaraderie we had and the way we would help each-other out or simply explore together.  Try new things.  Maybe even exploite a bug or two.  :D

Valheim is the first time I've played an early access game.   From my experience it's a complete and worthy experience. 
Play time?  Ummm...  324.7 hours.  :blush:

It's a lot of fun.  Worth more than the $22 it's selling for in my opinion:

• Like! 1

Comment from our third:

'It is like LEGO. Lot of elements for house building are close to the ones in LEGO. Instead real life battles with monsters (your siblings) for needed parts you have to fight monsters.'

To be fair she has to finish a school project with LEGO mindstorm (self balancing robot moving on a single ball) and the twins (4 in a row game) too.

• Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

A little late into this conversation, but I am 322 hours into Valheim and still counting. I finished the main content about 150-160 hours in, and then I started playing with mods (such as the EpicLoot mod). Running vRoid models to replace the characters, a ton of mods to improve the quality of life.

Definitely agree with the addiction comments though. I was playing quite frequently at the beginning. Not so much that my life/work suffered, but I definitely slacked on building my side-business (until I got hit with a flood of requests from clients, and then a bunch of new clients found me to add to that flood). Now I'm back to reasonable levels of Valheim and unreasonable levels of work...haha.

Edited by Mystix123
  • Like! 1