Comments and ideas about Ultimate Sacred Guide

NOTE : I've edited this topic for it to be the C&C thread about the guide. I will also use it to ask for content and contributions. After a long conversation with gogo yesterday, we did agree for a forum form of the guide. So a topic will be reserved for the guide, and this one for the crits & comments.

Thanks for respecting this single rule : No post in the guide thread

Okay,

after some days of work, I think my first draft version of my guide is ready to be shown. But as the title says, I must gather more info. So I'd like to ask a few things to the community ?

#1 : Each section will be a sum up of the different guides and theories I've read or emitted. All sources will be listed in each section with a link. Respect for the work and the copyright :bow:

#2 : If you feel you have the will to write some articles, or if you have other ideas to improve the guide, let me know by replying to this post. You'll see there's a lot of gap needing to be filled ! :blush:

#3 : I'm in need of ingame screenies, as I only have the french version of UW and my guide is written and aimed to an english audience.

There's a lot I will get from internet, but I need some more specific, like the starting screen (main menu), the char selection screen, the lobby,

the network info window during MP, an overview of the char sheet, with the different info when hovering figures and so on !

#4 : I also need some drawings, images, related to Sacred to make the guide more.... well... SeXy ! :)

That's a titanic work. I know it. But if you want DarkMatters to have the Sacred Underworld ULTIMATE Guide, feel free to help ! It takes hours of my time. If we all give a hand, this will take minutes of our time. :3lmao:

Thanks by advance

Nihi

DarkMatters Scribe :lol:

Your guide looks great! Like it might even rival mine when you are done hehe.....

Just one thing.... Night Wolfe not Dark Wolfe.... I assume that is due to some translation program you used or something :lol: Also let me know what you want to use of mine and I'll give out the required permissions :3lmao:

It's a brilliant idea, Nihillith. What we can do is offer you a section for your huge guide, kind of like a mini-forum here at DarkMatters.

I've pmed you with some ideas on your huge project.

Cheers!

:3lmao:

gogo

Also let me know if there is anything I can do to help.... and of course once it is finished give me link to where it is located so I can link it from my webpage!

Also I have a question.... are you planning on having it stay as an adobe file that can be downloaded as a whole? I have had many requests from people to have certain guides or lists put into a downloadable file so they don't have to use their internet connection whenever they want to check something....

Hi there

NightWolfe, first of all, sorry. I didn't use any translation program, but I typed kilometers of text in quite a short time. DarkMAtters somewhere, NightWolfe somewhere else, quickly turn into NightMatters and DarkWolfe lol

Sorry about that

Once the big huge file will be finished (or almost finished), I'll slice it into different parts. 1 part for all the guides of a particular class, as an example. It's really easy to do so.

Of course, this guide is free for you to pick up and link if you want, this would be a real pleasure for me.

So, some typos to correct (sorry once again NightWolfe), and a lot to add. And it will be ok

Cya

Guide has been updated with :

- Typo correction

- Trading mini summary

- Character build chart layout

- Tips in guides

- Guide to muling solo, from scratch written by me, according to the different tips wa can found everywhere.

In next release :

- Far sight theory

- MF guide

you can use all the guides I have written... But I wrote no guides :whistle:

and I have no friends :4rofl:

I am a nOOb at RL... does any1 have some spare items ?

Aw the hell with it, gonna finish of this life, and make an new one, I think a mage :4rofl:

you can use all the guides I have written... But I wrote no guides :4rofl:

and I have no friends :4rofl:

I am a nOOb at RL... does any1 have some spare items ?

Aw the hell with it, gonna finish of this life, and make an new one, I think a mage :o

Lol Prom

Don't forget trading at level 12, you'll find uber pants this way :whistle:

As I was talking with gogo, there will be NO guide, read, no guide from other users of the boards, in the "book". Instead of that, links will be available and instead of spamming 10 different daemon builds for example, I'll write down build summaries as charts with all the infos needed to give the reader a guideline, and not a prebuilt character. And from experience, it's more interesting to build your own char, instead of copying exactly a guide. This will avoid the "clone wars" effect found in various games. By the way, gogo's remarks about the content of my guide lead me to another point of view, and I think the compendium I'm trying to give shape to will allow players to build powerful chars by understanding the mechanics of the game. And that's much more enjoyable than just clicking the plus buttons according to someone else. This will be YOUR powerful char, not just a powerful char.

I hope this won't break the interest you have for this work.

Cya

Nihi

Ok

so far, some articles are on.

I'ev fixed the internal links in the guide, using the [post*][/post*] instead of [url*][/url*]. This way, clicking on a link navigates through the thread, without opening a noew window. External links are URLS, new window

I'm still in need of screenies of everything lol, I need english screenies if possible.

I also need that someone who knows the campaigns writes something, just a sum up of them like.

In ancarian campaign, you will have to defeat Shaddar, running throughout the world and meeting the worst thing you ever would made nightmare of and the little rabbits are the only salvation before a massive destruction of the world. (LAME) I would like to have an overview of the campaigns, pointing out some relevant details (treachery : is it the word for the way shareefa acts. Hey ! Harrap's !). I never played the campaign further than act 2 lol. The sum up is more a teaser than a guide :drinks:

Terminator 2 opening music, tadadam tadam, tadadam tadam.

Thanks by advance

Bravo Nihilith!

That is very fine work you have done! Wow! :o If anyone has not seen it yet then by all means do!

If I could make one suggestion then it would be to make each posted page have a nice big centered title. :) Or better yet you could use an image editor to make a nice image title for each and maybe use one of the two sacred fonts.

As for the campaigns I'm afraid I've never played the campaigns. :blush:

For the screenies that you need I would suggest creating a new topic to collect them and put a list of what you need. I would be happy to help when possible. :)

You mentioned the main lobby and network info. in your first post... needing English screenshots?

Feel free to rip mine from HERE.

Wanna give me some clarification on the main quest descriptions? I know them all pretty well unfortunately haha! I never would have done the main quests so many times if I didn't need to redo them for the guides and screenshots haha. So are you looking for a teaser on each individual quest or per act or the whole thing and how specific do you want them? I may be willing to give this project a try...

Also feel free to PM or Email me with additional specific requests of info. if there is anything else I can donate to you. :blush:

Heya

@Schot : Fine for the titles :D Where can I find the sacred fonts ? Thks by advance :P

@Night Wolfe : Thanks for the screenies. I will use them for sure. The summaries for the campaign should be some lines long. Not a chapter by chapter summary, but one big overview with keywords : betrayal, adventure, fight, monsters, demons and so on. I let you decide which words fit best to the context, and to the text you want to write. And thanks by advance.

Cya

PS : I will start a thread with my screen needs :(

Heya Nihilith :twitch:

You can find the fonts from your Sacred game installation:

C:\Program Files\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred Underworld\font

Heya Nihilith :)

You can find the fonts from your Sacred game installation:

C:\Program Files\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred Underworld\font

Hey Schot

Thanks, didn't even think abuot looking there !

Time to Gimp a little

I was just reviewing the guide again today, Nihilith. It's so huugeeeee! lol, and the way you're working the links intra-forum is working out very well. You've achieved web-page functionality within a forum.

Good job!

:(

gogo

Well here's my second post...looks like the first one did well :(

And, yes, I am still alive and actually get to play Sacred still on occasion...its just too good to stay away from for long.

Great Idea putting all of this together! Pevil & I, among others, Gogo definately, talked on many occasions about the need for a solid central resource of material. The official forum has always seemed adverse to this concept, even though pretty much every other game on the market has done so.

Great to see that there is still a excellent community of gamers here...Keep up the good work!

Prism

Edited by Prism
If I am understanding what you want correctly why don't you just quote THIS?

Then have something similar written for Underworld? Or was that the plan anyway?

Lol didn't even think about taking a look at Sacred Off. Site. Well, I will quote it. May you have the same done for UW please Night ?

Cya

Nihi

The official forum has always seemed adverse to this concept, even though pretty much every other game on the market has done so.
Ouch! Here and I was patting myself on the back for having made (with the kind assistance of Nightwolfe of course) some major progress in this area since I took on the job. Ah well, the best I can to is give everyone a whole section to tell me what they want, I can't make them let me know :hugs:

I've been watching the development of your guide with great interest Nihilith, you're doing an amazing job and I hope you keep it up! Just out of curiosity, have you ever considered putting any of this on Wikipedia too?

You may need to tweak this a bit since I am not great at writing "stories", but at least this give you a starting point :D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shaddar has been destroyed but Ancaria needs your help once again, more now than ever before! Valor is dead and the Baroness Vilya has been captured by Anducar. You must rescue Vilya for the fate of Ancaria lies in her hands...

A dimension gate leading to the upper world has been forged, make your way through the Underworld and destroy all the dimension gates that lay along your path. Beware of Anducar's Demon Lords who guard the gates! You must collect all the gate glyphs they hold to enter the innermost circles of hell and the center of Anducar's power...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was that something like what you were looking for?

Well here's my second post...looks like the first one did well :(

And, yes, I am still alive and actually get to play Sacred still on occasion...its just too good to stay away from for long.

Great Idea putting all of this together! Pevil & I, among others, Gogo definately, talked on many occasions about the need for a solid central resource of material. The official forum has always seemed adverse to this concept, even though pretty much every other game on the market has done so.

Great to see that there is still a excellent community of gamers here...Keep up the good work!

Prism

heheh, almost missed the second coming of Prism. Welcome back dude! Prism, lol...yeah you could say your guide's doing well...it's only at the top of the FDM top twenty five guides!

Great seeing you here on the boards, and hoping just as much to see you on your old stomping grounds on the SIF. I see you homed in on what's probably going to be one of the hottest guides for this game by the up and coming writer, Nihilith. ^^

lol, good taste sir :D

Don't stay away for so long this time okay? And Nihilith, I just saw more of your entries...hope you're sleeping!

:D

gogo

:devil:

o'course I'm sleeping.

To develop my guide, I must play sometime also, to check some points. Sorry the guide doesn't expand right now. But drafts files are on the way. And my monster guide will, I think rely on just one link : your fiend folio Gogo.

As soon as I've taken my vamp to gold and my glad to silver (testing effects of DS, if it triggers other mods like OW, Crit, Gold drop and so on). The vamp idea (cheap vamp is aimed for the guide also, as an easy starting char for hardcore).

I also want to give the reader a new presentation of the sets. We currently see items screenies, and that's all. I want to comment, for all set, which kind of build it is oriented to. If anyone wants to help :)

Thanks to titi, forging me a lot of +mf dwarf arts, I can also try to find a good but easy explanation of the inner work of MF.

I got files everywhere, somtimes ready to be uploaded to the guide, sometimes just filled with a sole word. What a mess on my USB Key lol.

apart from that, I got something special coming for FDM members. But I must find someone to test it out with me, someone who can keep a secret :)

Surprise.

Back to work now

Cya

[EDIT] : 100 posts :lol: