The Hot Meteorologist Battlemage

This Thread Is Pre-Underworld Friendly

Im about to start a new mage, and was bored at the moment and didnt feel like playing sacred right now (had a couple hour session not to long ago) so I came in here to post about it. I give you

The Hot Meteorologist BattleMage!!

I got tired of the typical ice shard mage I always run into in MP, so went from one extreme, ice, to the other, fireball. And I was planning on GoW as well, stun them then pick them off one by one, but I ran into a lot of those on MP and they made me mad so I decided not to take that route. So meteor storm became my mob control and boss skill. All attribute points go into mental regeneration, as they always do on all my mages, and skill choices are as follows:

---------------------------------Skills--------------------------------

1)Magic Lore/Meditatioin, you get these anyways. Increases damage, lowers regen times respectively

3)Fire Magic: Shortens animation times and Regen times of fire spells.

6)Agility: Increase defense and attack rating (get hit less, hit more respectively

12)Earth Magic: Same as fire magic but with earth spells instead.

A good choice here is also trading, but since it requires so many points (at or above your level) I made a trader battle mage, just make sure you get Earth magic at some time.

20)Constitution: Increase hit points and how fast they regen.

30) Your choice. Maybe take another magic school, or riding. Or trading can go here to.

50) Parrying is an absolute if you use a shield, and still great even if you dont. Adds defense.

At level 50, meditation and magic lore should be at 50. The other points are up to you. Since skills start doing bad at level 51, I max 3 to 50, and then put points in every skill until they all are at 50 (going from top to bottom). For instance, with magic lore and meditation and fire magic maxed, I would put all points into agility until it hit 50, then do the same with earth magic, then constitution, then my 30 skill, then parrying (please note that not all skills I do this on, like riding doesnt get 50 points, nor does Dual wielding in my gladiators and so on. Points are few, use them wisely). I would like to point out though that I have been told this is a bad idea, that you should put them in a certain skill as needed, such as if you are low on HP, put some in constitution until you have enough. I only do this because its easiest to keep track of.

------------------------------Spells------------------------------

Offensive---------

Fireball: Use on lone enemies and between meteor strike in mobs.

Its regen time depends on your style. Some people like to keep it around 2 seconds as it ensures that while yes, it may take longer to regen, it takes less shots to kill something. Others keep it low so they can cast less deadly Fireballs, but they can cast more in a same amount of time.

Meteor Strike: Use on mobs, and mob bosses if you cant hit them with FB. For instance, if you can see the mob boss, but you cant hit him with fireball for whatever reason, cast meteor strike on him and it will take him out and then switch to fireball to nail the others as they charge.

Its regen time can be larger. It needs to be high enough to kill mob bosses in 1 casting, as they will charge after that and you cant hit moving stuff with meteor storm very easily.

Defensive--------

You have fire and earth magic, so you could use flame skin or stone skin. You could also use Ring of Ice. With a few castings of RoI at one time, you can make opponents move and attack so slow you can strike during their attack animation and they will stop their attack and start the animation over, meaning with a skilled eye and hand, a good mouse, and a bit of RoI you can never get hit. You can also use Circle of Fear to keep them out, but I hate this one and I hear that as of sacred gold it requires a good bit of runes to get to keep the enemies out effectively. My defensive skill of choice is a bit odd and not as common: Water form. Why? It only needs a few runes to hit maximum duration (30 seconds) and then you dont need to read another rune of it, unlike others which boost resistance and stuff, those have to be kept high to deal with tougher monsters. It makes you invisible, which is highly effective. They cant see you so they stand still meaning meteor strike. Please note that if a monster tries to attack you and you cast water form before it reaches you, it willl still see you long enough to attack you. I use water form on every mage I ever make, and its my only defensive spell I ever use. One of my favorites of all.

Supplement Spells---------

Ghost Meadow: Lowers regen times drastically. even though it only increases by 5%, keep pumping it. It should eventually hit 255 read. MAKE SURE YOU CHECK THE RIGHT REGEN TIME! Dont check regen time without ghost meadow turned on. It only regens when its effect is on, since you have to cast it for it to regen. Therefore it doesnt matter if its regen time is longer than duration when the effect is off, so cast it and then check regen time.

Reike: This increases physical regen (note that it doesnt actually show the increase if you look at the physical regen attribute when effect is on, but the increase is there) and makes you heal faster. Keep the regen time about 1/2 of duration time, if it gets longer you run the risk of casting another spell right before it runs out and then you may have to wait a bit to cast it again.

-----------------------------Spell Theory-----------------------------

Someone could make 10 threads concerning spell theory and still not go over everything so I will only go over the obvious stuff:

1)Cast ghost meadow before Reike, you dont want to have to spend your reike time waiting on ghost meadow to be castable.

2)Once a mob or whatever you just fought is dead, cast ghost meadow*, then reike*, then once all offense spells are regened, start moving again.

*As needed.

------------------------------Items-----------------------------

A great set is Byleths, a + to fire magic, a + to earth magic, a + to fire damage, and burning bone, which is great with fire spells.

I dont list uniques since they are hard to find (duh- theyre unique) and thus the uniques you use are what you can get your hands on. My strategy with items: Forget what people say you should use. If something you find is better for your build, use it instead, regardless of what others say. Nuff said.

Im getting tired of typing, if I see something else needs to be added, ill come back. Post your questions, theyll get answered. Also as I said before, I only play plus so if you have knowledge about this and you play underworld, go ahead and post. I dont want to mis inform people who play underworld. If you have suggestions, ill try them out and if they are good ill edit them in. If you think somethings wrong, go ahead and post about it but unless you have proof I probably wont make any big changes about it, unless its underworld only in which case you can post and ill try to add them in later.

No humans or animals were hurt in the making of this guide. A few orcs, trolls, dragons, and undead, but cmon, they respawn.

Mik, Excellent

Thanks for bringing your guide over from the SIF. There's a lack of work regarding the loud MS mages. We had EM just finish one a little while back and your work here is a great addition to the collection. I'm going to repeat what I said over in the SIF about your guide. Great theme, and the title's catchy.

And with all those MS's goin, I bet this build sounds good. ^^

This is a SUB heavy build folks...play l o u d

Also...no humans were harmed in the making of it.

:D

gogo

Hmmmmm sounds like a really fun build maybe I will try it out I love the way you combined both of my fav class of mages in one fire and earth :D makes me thing of turning orc into stinking burning piles of goo.

Cool Sacred Plus guide mik! Anything with Byleths set is golden to me. :bounce: I really should try an MS build. If I could make a suggestion for you to try out it would be to try Cataract of Agility to speed up casting time of all your spells but most importantly MS.

Welcome to D.a.r.k. Matters and thank you! :D