Entry into Buildings Camera Angst

I have absolutely fell in love with Sacred 2, especially finding a Steam guide that informed me to install Community Patch (Brilliant), trimmed Elite Textures, and how to fix camera configuration.  It just transformed the game, which I had for years, but never played.  I'm infatuated with it now, playing all seven characters.

But one thing still drives me crazy and I can't find it anywhere on how to fix the camera from going bonkers in buildings where it moves to a complete top/down view of character!  I can move it down, and accept "half-wall" views, but as soon as I stop moving camera manually, it moves back to the complete top/down view.  It literally drives me nuts.  I hate that view.  What is it attempting to hide?  The half walls?  I searched and searched, played with configuration, and it has me defeated.  

I love this game, even with this enter building quirky camera behavior that I literally hate.  It does not stop me from playing at all, just annoys the hell out of me.  For me it is a flaw in an otherwise gem of a game.  What did I miss?  Is there a way to turn off this move to "satellite view" when entering buildings?  I'm just dense, I know, but wish I could address this one thorn. 

Edited by gBaby123

Welcome to DarkMatters, Garry. Regarding the camera bobbling when entering edifices, caves, dungeons and the like, you may want to uncheck the box "Camera Collision." This will eliminate the automatic top-down view. Also, by adjusting the sliders, you may be able to secure a setting that you find more to your liking. I play on a 44" 4K TV and in 4K as well.

:crigon_04:

• Thanks! 1
15 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Welcome to DarkMatters, Garry. Regarding the camera bobbling when entering edifices, caves, dungeons and the like, you may want to uncheck the box "Camera Collision." This will eliminate the automatic top-down view. Also, by adjusting the sliders, you may be able to secure a setting that you find more to your liking. I play on a 44" 4K TV and in 4K as well.

Thanks Steve great info!!

:superman:

Just now, Hooyaah said:

Thanks.  I tried changing the "Camera Collision" before while in game and it had no impact, so I returned settings as per camera instructions I got from Steam guide.

After your response to do exactly this to avoid building entry sky flips, I tried again, but this time turning "Camera Collision" off before the character load.  It works as expected, does not swing camera up on building entry.  I don't know why when I last played with this option it failed to work correctly as set.  Strange.  I should have left it off and next play it would have been fine.

Well, it is much better now.  I can deal with the camera losing sight of character due to walls, etc. which is easily adjusted by manual zoom control.

Thanks again.

You are most welcome, indeed sir. I am pleased that I was able to be of assistance. Prithee, do go thou forth and slay hordes of Kobolds!

:viking:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Hooyaah said:

You are most welcome, indeed sir. I am pleased that I was able to be of assistance. Prithee, do go thou forth and slay hordes of Kobolds!

:viking:

And Poutine for all!

\

maxresdefault.jpg

k...that got me hungry...

:drool:

gogo

p.s I think the mcdonalds down the street has it on special... yee haw local Mac's! :heart: