Newby, but Oldy

Newby for Sacred 2, but not for Life.  I'm turning 65 this year, retired at 57.  After retirement, reading and gaming is my favorite hobbies, with 20K+ invested in Racing Sim motion cockpit, VR, 3 4K monitors, etc.  Had two bedrooms converted to single Entertainment room, 75" OLED TV, four gaming machines, four PCs (Race Sim, M/K gaming, Bills, etc).  

I bought Sacred 2 years ago and just didn't like it.  I got the aRPG itch and re-installed my old Steam purchases, which included Sacred 2.  Oh what the heck.  Following improvement guides on Steam for Sacred 2 for trimmed elite graphics, Community Patch, and camera settings, and it was... OMG, what have I missed out on!

I now have seven characters, all past level 10, playing each for 1.5 hours a setting, then read 45 minutes, and return for another 1.5 hour session with lowest level character.  Unless I start drinking beer, then it is for a lot longer play period, sometimes in the wee hours of the morning. 

The game has completely wowed me in its method and design.  If you give it time and effort, you discover the gem of a game it is.  I never tire of it, I just keep grinding and grinding for the loot and experience, but there is always more to explore, more to discover, more to surprise.  Every time I feel so great about being all so powerful and undefeatable, then BAM, I'm back to just trying to survive and grinding to get more powerful to be able proceed.  I love it.

Here it is 2021, and this game still looks fantastic and offers a hell of a lot more than other triple A titles.  I'll still be playing this one for years. 

And so looking forward to the Diablo Fallen Mod.  I've read so much about it, it promises to extend this title even further.  

I'm not surprised to find a web site as excellent as this one to support such an outstanding game.  Kudos for everyone involved here.  A magnificent job.     

1 hour ago, gBaby123 said:

Newby for Sacred 2, but not for Life.  I'm turning 65 this year, retired at 57.  After retirement, reading and gaming is my favorite hobbies, with 20K+ invested in Racing Sim motion cockpit, VR, 3 4K monitors, etc.  Had two bedrooms converted to single Entertainment room, 75" OLED TV, four gaming machines, four PCs (Race Sim, M/K gaming, Bills, etc).  

I bought Sacred 2 years ago and just didn't like it.  I got the aRPG itch and re-installed my old Steam purchases, which included Sacred 2.  Oh what the heck.  Following improvement guides on Steam for Sacred 2 for trimmed elite graphics, Community Patch, and camera settings, and it was... OMG, what have I missed out on!

I now have seven characters, all past level 10, playing each for 1.5 hours a setting, then read 45 minutes, and return for another 1.5 hour session with lowest level character.  Unless I start drinking beer, then it is for a lot longer play period, sometimes in the wee hours of the morning. 

The game has completely wowed me in its method and design.  If you give it time and effort, you discover the gem of a game it is.  I never tire of it, I just keep grinding and grinding for the loot and experience, but there is always more to explore, more to discover, more to surprise.  Every time I feel so great about being all so powerful and undefeatable, then BAM, I'm back to just trying to survive and grinding to get more powerful to be able proceed.  I love it.

Here it is 2021, and this game still looks fantastic and offers a hell of a lot more than other triple A titles.  I'll still be playing this one for years. 

And so looking forward to the Diablo Fallen Mod.  I've read so much about it, it promises to extend this title even further.  

I'm not surprised to find a web site as excellent as this one to support such an outstanding game.  Kudos for everyone involved here.  A magnificent job.     

fabulous write up, and your first post here Garry! I think the majority of the community would be a'drool over the great gear you've put together for your gaming.  75 : Oled... yah,  my cuz just got something close to that and cant stop chatting it.  I can see that you've fallen in love with what we all have for years now about Sacred.. ingenious balancing of Ca's, hyper-detailed value for the money (stand up game!) and a bazillion character creation options and gear that scintillates :gogo: The community' devs here have put hundreds of hours of work into the the variation of Community Patch, all the extra goodies that went with it plus repairs to the game that have kept people getting this game for years! :dance2: We are lucky to have this great community, generous, kind and supportive... for many of us years back this was entry to online and its never lost its place for us.

Flix's Diablo Mod is one of a kind and re-write Sacred 2 from it's very bones... enjoy that delight and welcome to DarkMatters!

:cow:

gogo

5 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

75 : Oled... yah,  my cuz just got something close to that and cant stop chatting it.

Unfortunately, I don't play Sacred 2 on the OLED.  I use a 43" 4K monitor to play Sacred 2, that being my gaming mouse/keyboard setup system.  Titan Quest Anniversary Edition just came out with a public beta that supports native controller, so that got moved to my PC using on 75" OLED, because it is a recliner with controller setup.  Can't use mouse/keyboard there except for kicking off games, etc.

Not complaining, Sacred 2 looks great on a 43" 4K and just being able to play at that resolution is amazing.  It looks really awesome.  I saw all the complaints about Windows 10 and Sacred 2, but I've had one in game crash in 50 hours of play.  I save after quests and merchant visits (using key on Razer controller setup), so it never really is a heart breaker.  Over all, one of the best ARPG's on the market, even today.   

Edited by gBaby123
  • Like! 1
7 hours ago, gBaby123 said:

Unfortunately, I don't play Sacred 2 on the OLED.  I use a 43" 4K monitor to play Sacred 2, that being my gaming mouse/keyboard setup system.  Titan Quest Anniversary Edition just came out with a public beta that supports native controller, so that got moved to my PC using on 75" OLED, because it is a recliner with controller setup.  Can't use mouse/keyboard there except for kicking off games, etc.

Not complaining, Sacred 2 looks great on a 43" 4K and just being able to play at that resolution is amazing.  It looks really awesome.  I saw all the complaints about Windows 10 and Sacred 2, but I've had one in game crash in 50 hours of play.  I save after quests and merchant visits (using key on Razer controller setup), so it never really is a heart breaker.  Over all, one of the best ARPG's on the market, even today.   

It has had its share  of crazy bugs since inception.  Part of it's "charm" you might say

:eek:

gog