What resolution do you surf in

gogoblender

Screen Resolutions  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What LCD or CRT Resolution do you most often use?

• 800x600
    • 1024x768
    • 1152x864
    • 1280x720
    • 1280x768
    • 1280x800
    • 1280x960
    • 1280x1024
    • 1360x768
    • 1360x1024
    • 1440x900
    • 1600x1200
    • 1680x1050
    • 1792x1344
    • 1800x1440
    • 1856x1392
    • 1920x1080
    • 1920x1200
    • 1920x1440
    • Other

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I would think that would be very hard to read DreD. Even WITH glasses. ;) Do you size up screen text?

P.s.

If you haven't voted already please do! Top of this page. :sob:

What's more is if any of the large screen users could post up a screenshot of the DarkMatters main page.

I have a 22" widescreen

darkiv2.th.jpg

Native resolution is 1680x1050 so everything I do (browse/play games/etc) is (unfortunately at times) set to that resolution.

stubbs

Wow. I would think that would be very hard to read DreD. Even WITH glasses. ;) Do you size up screen text?

erm nope... but I've allways read a lot and my eyes are kinda used to small letters from reading a lot of books too, I might have made an error on my screen size tho... I assume it's 17" but it could be 19 as well... I lost my specs long ago.. and tbh I can't remember... but it's not a very big screen

Edited by DreDBanGeR

1400x900 on a 17in widescreen laptop, but is usually about 15in from my face sitting on the couch.

a little helper for high resolution and webpages if you find the text just too small. hold down the ctrl key and use the scroll wheel on your mouse. graphics size will stay the same, but the text size will increase or decrease based on what direction you scoll. high res and readable text, I win!

lol @ I win, trd. Are you doing that occasionally?

perhaps I was caught in a lil'bush moment there. btw, season one is out on dvd and is great. so many ways to answer, too many could be considered pg13, so best I not get an opprotunity to stray ;)

Edited by trd

Thanx Timo. :)

Whew! Lotsa big resolutions out there. Ok. I think that pretty much sums up what I need to bear in mind when skinning. I guess I should have expected this considering our gamer niche here, haha.

Good stuff everyone. I appreciate the quick feedback. :D

• 4 weeks later...

I'm so surprised at the rez peeps are surfing in. What happened to 800 s 600 and 1024 x 7687, lol

Guess it's time for a new monitor for me. I'm using the free one that I bought but, I guess I'll have to get better glasses to read a higher rez?

:blush:

gogo

• 1 year later...

Time for a fresh perspective! I'll be updating the sites some time before the end of this year with a number of changes and I'm wondering what resolution I'll need to focus on. Naturally 1024x768 is still a factor when building a site but I've done a bit of researching of web statistics regarding the popular resolutions in use. w3schools.com has a nice table of Display Statistics which shows that 1024x768 is on it's way out. Add to that that we are a gaming community only furthers the likelyhood that very few people who come to darkmatters are using 1024x768.

That said I dabbled a bit with our database and erased the previous votes. Anyone who voted in the past will be able to vote again. :agreed: