What resolution do you surf in

gogoblender

Screen Resolutions  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What LCD or CRT Resolution do you most often use?

• 800x600
    • 1024x768
    • 1152x864
    • 1280x720
    • 1280x768
    • 1280x800
    • 1280x960
    • 1280x1024
    • 1360x768
    • 1360x1024
    • 1440x900
    • 1600x1200
    • 1680x1050
    • 1792x1344
    • 1800x1440
    • 1856x1392
    • 1920x1080
    • 1920x1200
    • 1920x1440
    • Other

Hey guys, I'm just curious...again :thumbsup:

I usually surf in 1024x768. Are most of you still running with that resolution to surf with? I know for games, we all kick it up a few notches. But for reading on the net, using sites, forums, etc, what do you guys usually run your screens in.

Thanks

:)

gogo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

at home I use 1152x864 or something like that. Little bigger is hard to read on my 19" crt

at work I use max resolution of my 19" lcd. which one is 1280x1024. I want more but monitor is not supporting.

Currently 1024x768 whit 17" screen, but when I get my hands on 32" LCD it will be 1280x1024 or what ever is the highest supported (they start from somewhere near 1366 x 768 (HD ready) to 1920 x 1080 (Full HD))

1600 x 1200 on a 21.4" lcd.

In fact, if I try t set a lower resolution, the monitor driver pops a big box on top of my creen and says "The selected resolution is not optimal", and I can't even work

Hey there Blade :4rofl:

You can check/change your resolution on windows XP by:

Right click on an empty space on your desktop -> Properties -> Settings Tab

In that tab you'll see the words Screen Resolution with a horizontal slider just below the words and just below the slider should be your present resolution. :P

----------------

I've always been a 1024x768 person myself although I do believe when I bought this pc which was a custom job it had been set up at 1600x1200. My Viewsonic G90fb-2 handles that no problem and much higher but webpage text becomes difficult to read with resolutions above 1280x1024 I find. Since reading this topic the other day though I've kept my resolution at 1280x1024 instead of 1024x768. There are some nice benefits to larger resolutions I had never considered before such as:

Larger workspaces when using various programs such as 2d/3d graphics progs and web design apps

More desktop space for even more junk! Woot!

Oh and as of today I've adjusted the width of some areas of the forum for those viewing in larger than avg resolutions. :)

Hi there

Currently using a Toshiba Laptop, surfing in 1280*768 on a 15.4" wide screen. Got a Sony 17" TFT for dual screen, but no place on my desk. What a pity !

I'm working this around to get my dual screen working. By the way, 1280 is fine as a width, but no need to say that 768 is a bit short. I spend my time scrolling !

Cya

Geez

I gotta say I'm so surprised everyone's using such high resolutions for just surfing. I guess my resolution is set like this because of my seventeen inch monitor. Anything higher for me and the text turns out teeny weeny.

Guess it's time to invest in a widescreen?

:)

gogo

Guess it's time to invest in a widescreen?

Well, intresting perspective there. Still, I would not get a new high res monitor just because everyone else has uber high resolution surfing priveliges. I don't even notice when I go to a low res computer.

My recommendation: If you you plenty of $$$, go for it! If you are normal, I might wait until it breaks. Save some cash. Of course, this opinion is coming from a tight wad (I save every last cent) so I would think about it carefully before you buy a new widescreen monitor.

Plus, after you get something at the bar you won't notice anything! :)

1440x900 on a 19" Widescreen LCD. I do notice the difference at times, particularly in amount of text width on page, it's only a touch of a pest in word documents where you lose... 1 or 2 lines at the bottom compared to a square screen.

• 1 month later...

1280x800 for my main display, 1280x1024 on my secondary.

Despite my main display only being a 13" widescreen, the quality of apple screens is great and the high resolution looks fantastic. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about widescreen, but I love it, it works very well with the Mac GUI. I don't have as much experience with Windows OSes on widescreen, though. This is the first system that I can stand not having all windows open in full screen. Being able to tile and such has been nice at this resolution; never could handle it before.

I always use the highest I can, and if I cannot read... there's an option in the browser to reduce/enlarge the txt size :PPP (I change that a lot depending how far I am from the monitor and how tired are my eyes

edit: darn, those wings are hot :PP

Edited by dicknail
  • 5 months later...

Ooh. Bumping old threads is fun. ;)

Just wanted to bump this one up because I've added a poll to this first post in this topic. I'd like to complete the default skin here at DarkMatters. If I could get as many people as possible to vote on the poll added it would really help me develope a perspective on how the skin should work.

What's more is if any of the large screen users could post up a screenshot of the DarkMatters main page. That would help immensely! I can certainly switch my screen res to that of most any high resolutions up to 1920x1440 but my CRT size is 19" so I'm not able to recreate an accurate reflection of what the site would look like on say a widescreen or a very large screen, 24" +.

Thank you!