Int/Staves Dryad Questions

Qdeta

Hey all, first post - so let me know if it's in the wrong section.

Started playing Sacred 2 (CM1.6 + EE) again and started with Int Dryad, loosely following Viper's guide from way-back: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/10100-the-dual-wield-int-staff-nature-dryad/

Since a lot has changed since then due to I&B/CM/EE, I have a couple of questions that I hope a kind soul could help me with:

• Do you think that kind of build can still be viable?
  • Do I understand it correctly, that Magic Staves are now always ranged but don't count as a ranged weapon?
    • As a result, does Sinister Predator and Ranged Weapons do anything for a staves build? It seems like SP increases tooltip hit-chance so are staves counted as ranged weapon but is it actually working?
    • Does Dual Wield still work? Or can they no longer be dual-wielded since not melee?
    • Should I get Magic Staffs skill, or is there a better way to boost attack value?

Any help with the above would amazing!

• Like! 1

Amazing, thanks so much for clarifying Flix! 

One follow-up question though - do you have any tips regarding the DW vs. 2h vs. Staff&shield decision?

I saw in the patch notes that you recalibrated 2h damage, is DW still better or would this just be personal preference? Not going DW means getting the magic staff weapon properties, so on paper that seems better, am I missing something?

Edited by Qdeta
Forgot a sentence

Dual wield is far better in EE. Early the two handers would be fine but once you hit level 10, using two staves makes a world of difference. I played a character with this build in vanilla and with the EE changes, your best bet is to use the Priestess buff to help in melee. The buff is not going to be a mass killer, but a good distraction for monsters. You'll attack anything that attacks the Priestess, but most will be drawn to you since you're launching two missile projectiles at once. Getting the Intelligence bonus is recommended and put all stat points in Intelligence. You'll be doing hundreds of damaage points by level 10 even with generic staffs. 

Priestess of Torment.  That buff's only available if you use Alternate Spells.  She's a summoned minion buff in the Voodoo aspect.

• Like! 1
On 5/2/2021 at 3:06 AM, Flix said:
  • Yes, you may dual wield, however you will find that visually you only send out a stream of projectiles from the main-hand staff.  Damage and modifiers from both staves will be active though. 

Hi Flix, thanks again for helping out. From my testing DW does not seem to quite work - it's not just visual, there is only one damage occurence per attack. Additionally, the damage is the same independent of DW or just one staff. 
Is this intended? Have only tested this on goblins, no idea if there is a training dummy for better testing, but reasonably certain on this.

On 5/1/2021 at 6:12 PM, Qdeta said:

Hey all, first post - so let me know if it's in the wrong section.

Started playing Sacred 2 (CM1.6 + EE) again and started with Int Dryad, loosely following Viper's guide from way-back: http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topic/10100-the-dual-wield-int-staff-nature-dryad/

Since a lot has changed since then due to I&B/CM/EE, I have a couple of questions that I hope a kind soul could help me with:

• Do you think that kind of build can still be viable?
  • Do I understand it correctly, that Magic Staves are now always ranged but don't count as a ranged weapon?
    • As a result, does Sinister Predator and Ranged Weapons do anything for a staves build? It seems like SP increases tooltip hit-chance so are staves counted as ranged weapon but is it actually working?
    • Does Dual Wield still work? Or can they no longer be dual-wielded since not melee?
    • Should I get Magic Staffs skill, or is there a better way to boost attack value?

Any help with the above would amazing!

Happy to see you loving this game Qdeta

and welcome to the forums!

:gogo:

gogo