A Last.fm Music Player In Your Profile

Oh yah! Listening to Dj Funkilicious now. Nice! Excellent variety. :drinks:

Awww thanks Schot :woot: Tune in anytime, lol dancefloor is always open :drunkards:

**Now wave your hands in the air, like you just don't care**

Edited by Funkilicious
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This site is stupendous. In less than 5 minutes I rediscovered 5 bands from my college days, oh so many years ago, that I was sure were lost to oblivion:

Camel, with Peter Bardens

Carmen -- a spanish "flamenco rock" band that toured with Jethro Tull. Fabulous

Kayak

PFM (Premiata Forneria Marconi -- an italian rock band from the '70s)

Le Orme, another early '70s italian rock band

I need to dig deeper, though. It seems not all the music is available

but, WOW!

This feature is too good to be washed away in this section, I will pin this up. :P

Edit: Finally figured out how to work the dang thing, I couldn't find embed all or I kept clicking around lol. Anyway I ticked one track for each artist only (and if my favorite of that artist is not available I ticked something ok if available). :)

I shouldn't be amazed at how simple it was -- except I had trouble finding the "embed" too. Great going Schot. Too bad that many of my favorites had no tracks to add to my list.

I did OK anyway, and re-remembered a few more of my old favorites again. I need to get my vinyl onto digital media - since my old lp player has not worked in 15 years.

I don't know if I just noticed or I am just slow! Anyways if you are using the LastFm site to add more trtacks don't forget to update them here in your profile!

My Controls....Edit Profile....scroll down to where your last fm number is....copy it...delete the one thats there and re enter it!...the number stays the same it just seems to need a refresh here.

hope that helps.

Also about playing music in the forum, you can use the software from the site to play whatever you want that way you don't have to have 2 tabs open for FDM :drinks:

Now play it LOUD!

Brilliant Claire! :bow:

I had noticed that your player wasn't updating for some strange reason and only 3 tracks were in your FDM player profile. Good going! It shouldn't be like that strangely... I'll have to look deeper into this.

Looking into putting a "Play playlist in pop up" button for our profiles but it's proving to be quite picky... :drinks:

Oh and very nice to see you both with playlists now gial and Myles! More music to check out. Nice! :D

P.s.

Ah great track gial! Jethro Tull - Wind up.

*Edit* Ah good to know toret. Thanx! :)

Sorry for the bump but Last.fm is back in action! :)

Love the Recommendation feature on the Last.fm site. Very cool. I didn't know that it even existed until erialc sent me a recommendation. Love that track Claire! :)

To recommend a track to someone all you need to do is push the button that has the green around it while the track you want to recommend is playing.

recommend.jpg

I just sent out a ton of recommendations to our folks that are on Last.fm. Hope you all enjoy!

Sweet! Thx Schot.

And don't scare the life outta me, bad Schot. :4rofl:

The recommendation feature is cool indeed, I will give it some serious thought. I shouldn't spam music recommendation lol. :)

*Edit* Ah good to know toret. Thanx! :)

Sorry for the bump but Last.fm is back in action! :)

Love the Recommendation feature on the Last.fm site. Very cool. I didn't know that it even existed until erialc sent me a recommendation. Love that track Claire! :)

To recommend a track to someone all you need to do is push the button that has the green around it while the track you want to recommend is playing.

recommend.jpg

I just sent out a ton of recommendations to our folks that are on Last.fm. Hope you all enjoy!

:4rofl:

Hahaha Thank you Schot!! That was a great one!

Updated my list a little bit. :P

I'm dumb I couldn't find the accept friend button for a while, but added toret and funk now. Thx for the invites.

Now now I should hunt down schot and bother him endless lol. :sweating:

lol Myles

Oh you brought us some fresh tunes? I'll be checking those out when I wake. :sweating:

Quick lil note to everyone with a lastfm playlist in their profile. When choosing tracks to add to your playlist be careful about adding tracks that are not playable. If you add a track that has no play icon beside you will risk rendering your playlist as broken.

Hope that made sense but if it didn't feel free to ask me to explain further. :P

Ah there's no way to divide a list is there?

It would be difficult to get the 10 tracks I added given that my list has 150... um I will send them out as recommendation then I suppose.

But they are doing a very fine job, its a little bit scary it tracks what we listen to lol. :sweating: Yup I do like Josh Groban a lot that's true.

Sorry for double posting, but for some reason I can't listen to anybody's playlist. It just keep saying this:

"not enough content - check out the previews"

It worked just some hours ago. Halp! :sweating:

Ive been running across that myself.. plus I can't seem to update mine.. Ive done the steps after adding new one to the list. but they don't show up here on the forum. Ill play with it a bit more today! Thanks for adding me Myles! I can wait to take a listen to yours!

off for cooffeee :sweating: hehe more coherent thoughts will be available in about an hour :P

It seems to work now. Very odd I didn't do anything.

Oh and Ari to update the list follow Claire's excellent discovery.

I don't know if I just noticed or I am just slow! Anyways if you are using the LastFm site to add more trtacks don't forget to update them here in your profile!

My Controls....Edit Profile....scroll down to where your last fm number is....copy it...delete the one thats there and re enter it!...the number stays the same it just seems to need a refresh here.

hope that helps.

Hmm Its working now.. Just strange it doesn't show everything on your list just the top ones? Once I added a bunch more Gothic (muhahaha) and shuffled them around.. more show now :) Happy Squeak!! :D

Off to see what else I can find.. I must find more to my MUST BUY music selections LOL

Sorry for double posting, but for some reason I can't listen to anybody's playlist. It just keep saying this:

"not enough content - check out the previews"

It worked just some hours ago. Halp! :D

Myles, was everyone's playlist not working? Could you let me know who's playlist wasn't working for you so I can have a look? :)

Oh and also keep in mind:

I've been on last.fm about 6 months now and I have to say that the servers are down quite often. It's usually only for a few minutes though.

P.s.

Aaaaaaaah. I think I get it now. The lastfm player's list of songs will never show your recently added tracks as one would expect it too... What it does list is the first 18 tracks you first added oh so long ago. Something to note is that it will only list a maximum of 18 tracks in the cool little black lastfm player. And those 18 tracks will always be tracks # 1-18 as it is listed your lastfm account.

Now.. If you want, for example, your favorite 18 tracks to be visible in that list then what you need to do is:

go to your lastfm account

click on - My Playlist (edit)

Drag the tracks to the desired order of priority (notice the word DRAG beside each track. Click and hold then drag the track up)

Then click the Save changes button

Voila! Now when someone views your player in your profile here on the forum the tracks you want them to see will be visible in the drop down list of the player. Even though only 18 tracks are listed in the player don't worry, all tracks you have added to your playlist are shuffled and can be heard. Just not all of them are listed. :D

Thx Schot for the explanation.

Another thing I just noticed: unavailable tracks will be removed from your playlist within the week. :D

I was hoping to keep them there in case they will be available in the future. No dice.

• 5 months later...