Enemy Health Bar Info

Got one question answered, now have another.  I searched on DarkMatters Wiki and it is still not clear to me how to interpret the hi-lighted enemy health bar.

There are these small colored bars showing damage types above and below the enemy health bar. 

My guess was top bar is type of damage enemy will inflict, bottom is its weakness, though showing 80%20% physical/fire means what?  More susceptible to physical?  Best both?

Confused 

---------------

Okay, I think I figured this out myself.  On the Character Panel there is the last 10 enemies taken out, of which it shows the "Damage" dealt and "Armor" of the opponent, which the colored bars match up to what I see on the opponent health bar status.  So I think they are the same, top is Damage type, bottom is Armor type.  Correct if wrong, but this seems the logical conclusion.  

Edited by gBaby123
  • 7 months later...

I arrived here looking to answer the same question, and then some!

In the image,

the top bar is yellow - is that their attack damage type?

Next is the mob's name "Ambul"

Below is a mysterious "-Energy-" I don't know what that is about.

At the bottom is a 3 colored bar - yellow, dark blue, and light blue(cyan?) . Is that their armor type? ie they can resist physical, magic, and cold damage, but they are susceptible to fire and poison? 

The Red background is their health bar.

And finally, there might also be some meaning in that their name is in white font?

IMG_0549.jpeg

48 minutes ago, Flix said:

Damage Mitigation is the equivalent of the classic resistance stat (for example like in Diabo 2).  Like in D2, if you have 80% Fire Damage Mitigation you will only take 20% of the damage.

That is good to know. I was referring to Diablo 3's resistance though which works different to Diablo 2's resistance.

6 hours ago, Lindor said:

Something like Diablo 3's resistance doesn't exist in Sacred 2.

Maan, now I'll have to leave that first comment unedited in order for the quote to be confirmable. Well, happens.

The thing that differentiates Armor from resistance in D3 is that armor works for all damage types while resistance does not. Damage mitigation has that mechanic, but it doesn't have the diminishing returns on dmg reduction. D3's resistance increases the amount of damage you can take linearly while for Sacred 2 dmg mitigation it'd blow up to infinity if it weren't capped.

48 minutes ago, Flix said:

However by in large, the developers did not pull any dirty tricks and any damage mitigation will correspond roughly with the enemy's displayed armor.

I always wondered that, but was too lazy to actually look it up for all the enemies. Good to know!

Edited by Lindor
22 hours ago, Lindor said:

Yes. He has Physical attack dmg. You can tell by the two swords on top.

Correct

It's the creature type. There are Humans, Monsters, Humanoid Monsters, Energy, T-Mutants etc. etc. You can find a list here: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Bestiary

Yes. You can tell by the small shield below.

No. It's armor, not resistance. The sacred wiki also frequently calls it "armor resistance" or "resistance", but I don't like that cause it's confusing and misleading, so I want to make it clear here: When it comes to on-hit damage reducing mechanics (so smth like AV/DV doesn't count), there is

• Armor
  • Damage Mitigation
  • Block Warding Energy
  • The Spell Resistance / Spell Intensity Mechanics
    • Those two wiki pages are contradicting each other. The Spell Intensity one explains it correctly.
    • This is what "Resistance" actually means in Sacred 2 
  • The DoT Mechanics (Damage over time:Physical/Magic/Fire/Poison/Ice -x% and Detrimental Magical effects -x%)
    • Again, the wiki page calls it "resistance" while meaning something completely misleading

And that's it. Something like Diablo 3's resistance doesn't exist in Sacred 2. So I advocate for if we say resistance, we mean spell resistance to not be misleading.

Yes, yes, no it's ice not cold, yes, yes.

Correct.

Yes. Elite and Boss enemies have yellow letters, everything else white.

Hope I could help:wink:

You did! I didn't even notice the crossed swords and shield icon on the badge. this is a great, wiki-grade answer to my question.

I've started caring a bit more about what type of damage my weapons and socketed items produce now that I understand how to tell what my enemies vulnerabilities are. What I've done up to now ( level 26 exalted warrior Seraphim, is have a combination of ice/fire/poison/physical ( I haven't done anything with magic yet) damage to have all of my bases covered. I'm weilding a fire sword, and ice sword, and a poison bow at the moment, for example.

I might make weapon sets that I can switch between depending on my enemies weaknesses. I travel all over the map so have a multi-purpose set is still useful.

thx again to everyone who replied. I still have a lot to learn, but this thread was a big step up for my knowledge.