Additional requirements for Membership in Clan D.a.r.k.

Hey guys!

After more than a week of consideration, and some comments from the mod team and community regarding new member registrations, we have elected to institute a minimum number of 20 posts before a member of this site can be considered for a nomination. The reason we've decided to now ask for a minimum, is that we're searching for a way to find a common ground between all the members from all of our sponsored games here at this site. With a minimum number of posts, most of us who perhaps don't play a game that we're getting an application for candidacy for can still get to get a good "feel" of the applicant and get to meet him through his posts. Posting is a big part of being a member of D.a.r.k, and while we do understand that gaming is important, it's just one part of the package. We're looking to meet great people who are as interested in our community as we are in them. We're also hoping that with this minimum number of posts, our mod team will be better able to meet up with potential new members and get a better"feel" for the community they are moderating.

It's important to understand that we can meet people who love to play and are great to play with. The fit for our clan though requires more than just gaming time and a contributory presence to our boards that shows energy, interest and posts will help maintain the strenght of this community that has been running for almost two years now. With the explosive growth of the Sacred clan only now in it's infancy, it's more important than ever that we know our peeps, like our peeps and want them to be here, at home, with us.

So please, if you've got friends that, after careful consideration, you think would be a great fit for D.a.r.k. and that they'd make a great addition to our community via their posts as well as in the game that they're playing, bring them on over to meet up with us all here on the boards.

I know that myself, the mod team and the community are thrilled whenever we've got new people that honestly love the FDM site and what it's about...and if they like to play a game we're sponsoring, well..we've probably got ourselves a great new candidate for fellowship.

Good luck with the recruiting and to all interested applicants...

A big welcome to DarkMatters!

:whistle:

gogo

Hey Gial

Well, if it's spam they post that in itself will be telling. :)

And I know that a spammer probably wouldn't get a nomination from me.

Lots of peeps can apply and spam their posts if they wish, but it's still only the full members of the D.a.r.k. clans that hold that power of making and seconding all the nominations.

The scary thing is that we're already at almost a third of the Clan Cap for Sacred and we still have many months before the release of Sacred 2. Spots on D.a.r.k's roster are going to become very much sought after as we get closer to Sacred 2's release. With only a limited number of spots available for SP, and MP players, things are going to get very squishy for those last few spots on the roster.

As these are new requirements they need only apply to new potential applicants, and not towards anyone that has already been nominated.

:)

gogo

We love you feedback on this gial. The spamming problem has came up during our discussion.

I myself is not worry about that, as we have yet to see flaming & trolling around our little community (I wish it stays this way). And even if it starts I think such behavior will be telling to our fellow members, and in a twisted way aid them in their nomination decision.

We simply want to know our applicants better before we jump to any conclusion, which I believe is fair on both parties. :)

A very reasonable and easily fulfilled requirement I'd say. I think this will certainly benefit the applicant and the family here at FDM.

Well thought out team. :)

This is indeed a great thing, and a big step forward for the D.a.r.k.

By requiring 20 posts before nomination, they will be forced to either read the topics, get to know the other guys, and make good insightful posts (If they do this, they are likely to be accepted). Or, they could just spam it up a bit, but this would make others look down on them and it might seem a bit childish too. Not that anything is wrong with spamming, it is just a cheap way to get extra posts if they are required for a membership/level.

Myles: Great comment on flaming and trolling! I too have noticed the absence the aformentioned on this forum. I think this is because the forum is very well set up, the people are very friendly, and to become a friend of a courteous reserved person like gogo, you won't like flaming or spamming up his beautiful forum.

I like this idea, it will sort out of chaff from the grain and ensure that only top quality players (and more importantly, people) come here to stay. Gogo is right when he says posting and playing the game go hand in hand. I have never seen an alliance do better then when its forum is at the top activity level.

I actually like this new requirement. I would like to know a little bit about new people as well, that are trying to become members of our community. So props to the mod team and this decision. It is a very good idea.

A very good idea... I really wish more clans had similar requirements! Especially since Sacred has slowed down soo much lately it seems like some clans will let just about anyone in almost immediately just to get some active players. I admit I wasn't the greatest at that kinda stuff either so hopefully no one thinks I'm throwing stones with that comment... just stating an observation that I have also been guilty of at times. :drunkards:

One question though.... clan cap? I wasn't aware of a cap...

Hey Nightwolfe

Because of admin time challenges regarding having to moderate a very large clan, we've tentatively capped the Sacred clan at 75. We feel that this is the highest number of people that we can "honestly" and "warmly" manage regarding the clan and this site with the numbers of our mod team and the standards of being as personal as possible without going too rulesy.

The challenges with having a really big clan like those that had a hundred in the old Sacred days (Clan DA, WNX before they instituted Caps) is that the possibility for more problems on the site and in the servers begins to increase. With everyone here on the mod team and as Game Captains all being volunteers, it could quickly become more of a job rather than a game. As well, with bigger clans, we'd need a lot more rules, and and lot more checking on this forum. We think (we hope! :drunkards:) we could handle 75 peeps with maybe only another moderator and a few Game Captains, but anymore than that would require a much more serious tone regarding clan administration that I know for a fact we're not very comfortable with using.

75 peeps seems to be a good compromise between a large clan and a small clan and we're hoping to keep the coziness at FDM which means more time that the mod team and GC's can spend writing pms, administrating and doing all the communications needed to run a good clan at top efficiencies.

:drinks:

gogo

Wow 75, that roster is going to need some kind of rework happening soon, it is already bulging at the seams :whip:

Shhh, Myles can hear you and then he will have nightmares with the making of the roster :)

I'm sure glad I got in when I did . . . not sure I'd make the cut in the future (hehe)

Actually, I was just being devil's advocate there before. I think a 20 post requirement is quite reasonable. Can't recall if I had 20 when I applied, but I sure do now. I'm glad to see in ther esponses from Myles and gogo, especially, that this concern has been discussed. As you say, not too likely a spammer would get the necessary noms to make it.

Wow 75, that roster is going to need some kind of rework happening soon, it is already bulging at the seams :)

Shhh, Myles can hear you and then he will have nightmares with the making of the roster :)

:whip::nooo:

I will pretend I didn't hear anything. :)

good idear gogo!! :Just_Cuz_21: well I would say 20 well written sexy topics before they should enter not just regular stuff but something that can contribute to the section of FDM that they want to join