Duplicate Icons anyone?

I want to try to complete my Icons set, I've been trying to collect pieces but the trouble is I'm getting doubles.

I have two grails and two dragon statues. Anyone willing to trade? I lost a shell due to a character dieing, so now I'm looking for all the other pieces. Thanks!

Btw, I'd like to use the next pre-Kami session for trading :)

Edited by Timotheus

Icons drop for me once every blue moon. I do have a shell on my vamp in gold, though. I am trying to get the vamp to plat so I am playing her exclusively these days. You can usually find me in the Gold HC servers from 11:00 PM to 12:00 AM PST

get a dwarf with level 50+ greed, and make him run quests in solo games (to keep xp low). When you get quest reward, turn greed on.

pretty much 90% of all the icons I ever saw were dropped in bronze (that includes icons from other people).

and I once helped a friend get full Icon set in SC, and I found 3 parts in 2 days making 2 dwarfs.

by the time I hit level 20, delete it, and make a new dwarf with level 55 greed or so. Did the trick for me.

I dont know for sure if the game is programmed to drop icons easy for low lvls, but in a way it makes sense. A friend of mine in SC once explained the following to me:

Sets like Thar eros, Thorwyn, Huron and the likes are pretty much unseen with min level 2. According to him thats because some so called "high end sets" have some sort of minimun level at which they drop.

since there are far less sets that drop at those levels (which allso explains the *ssloads of bahamut blades in bronze and the likes), the diversity is therefor much smaller.

statistic chances to drop Icons at level 1-5 are thus many many times higher then at level 60 for example.

Like I said, nothing to proove this, But it would make sense in a way. I had many many chars now, but I never had the so called "high end sets" drop before silver either. Dunno about you guys, but it could be right

prOm

Think youir friend is right, prom. With a fixed chance (is it 8 in 1,000?) to get a set item, and very few set items of low level, icons would be much more likely in bronze - pre level 10.

On topic - I have another dragon Timo. I'll pass it to you and you can use it as trade bait too.

That is interesting.....I think that once I get my second accout set up I'll mule some runes to a new dwarf and try level 50 greed for Icon drops. As for the shell I do have, if you see me on the servers it's not for trade--you can have it.

Hi Timo

I wish I had em to offer, but I don't have em anymore. I know that for awhile Claire was looking for the set. Hopefully she'll catch this thread and if she's got them I'm sure she'll be happy to share em.

Good luck with your search in the meantime.

:)

gogo

Hehe I know that Gogo, I even helped her out with a Shell. But now, I've lost mine due to character death :whip:

Ah well it's not that it's a must have, that icons set, but I'd just really like to complete it at least ONCE before I get Sacred 2 :)