Reference: MP's Sacred Code of Honor

I recently added the Sacred Code of Honor (the thing you have to agree to follow the first time you access the Underworld servers to the MP Etiquette FAQ on the SIF since there wasn't an online reference copy posted anywhere that I knew of. gogo asked if I would post it here, so here it is :)

Sacred Code of Honor

In order to ensure a trouble-free environment for all participants of multiplayer games you have to agree to the following rules:

* You may not threaten or harass other players, or commit any acts of a threatening or harassing nature.

* You may not use any sexually explicit, abusive, or offensive language, nor may you link to any such content via any of Sacred's communication features. This includes any form of communication that is derogatory or obscene, including biased comments based on gender, race, ethnicity, or religion. (This includes your character name).

* Posing as an employee of Ascaron or leading persons to believe that you are, is strictly prohibited.

* You may not use the Sacred service or website to market, solicit, or promote any service or product.

* You may not give false information or intentionally conceal any information that is required to register a Sacred account.

* You will not attempt to interfere with, hack, or decipher any transmissions to or from the Sacred gameserver or client, unless you have the exclusive written permission from Ascaron.

* You will not knowingly exploit any bug in Sacred, nor will you communicate or distribute any such bugs for exploitation by other players. Where possible, you will promptly report any such bugs by email to service_sacred@ascaron.com.

* You will not initiate or participate in any acts that are detrimental to Sacred, including but not restricted to the regulation, monitoring, or updating of Sacred.

* You will not initiate or participate in any acts that adversely affect (to an excessive extent) the gaming experience for other player(s).

* Passing information to third parties about Ascaron employees, whether internal or external, is strictly prohibited. This includes the publishing of GM or OP aliases.

* Cheating: The use of third-party tools and memory hacks or any other means to gain an advantage over another player, or players, which is not regalement and documented as an intended feature by the game's mechanics, is strictly prohibited as is the reading of game data.

If a player is in violation of this agreement, Ascaron may exercise the following measures:

* Temporary Ban The user account will be banned for up to 2 months before automatically being re-opened again. This happens when the offending account is caught on multiple occasions.

* Permanent Ban The user account will be banned permanently after multiple temporary bans, or defined by the “weight of impact” caused by the cheat or other offence.

Ascaron Entertainment GmbH reserves the right to permanently ban any user account for any rule-breaking. The account owner retains the right to appeal the decision within 48-hours of the placement of the ban. The account owner should forward their appeal to: service_sacred@ascaron.com

You acknowledge that you agree to these rules and will abide by them. You further agree that these rules will apply to anyone who you allow to use your Sacred account, and that you are personally responsible for the consequences (including termination of your account) that may result if any such person breaks these rules whilst under the guise of your account name. You acknowledge that you agree to these rules and will abide by them.

I also added a small reminder note that if anyone has problems with someone violating these rules, it is expressly forbidden by forum rule #10 to post accusations on the SIF (there is information included in the rule about how you can report this type of problem though).

Carolyn, you're an angel, thank you...and you got the pm so fast too...Woot!

I saw this info go up today and I was thinking that it would be awesome for FDM to have em posted up here as well for all the new members of the game as well as the vets as an important reminder of Ascaron's online rules.

Thank you tons for posting them. They all make sense and are easy enough to follow.

Cheers!

:)

gogo

Please Sign In or Sign Up