Kamikaze Sunday!

Schot

And here we are again. Back to basics and eager for another ride through the servers in search of that perfect build. It's our 3 month anniversary, (a little more actually), so take a bow everyone. It's been a fantastic experience and it makes a world of difference when friends come together for battle, fun and sincere support. Many amazing things occur in this event such as cool co-ordinated attacks on dragons, region boss hunts and of course the awesome generosity that goes on an hour before every Kamikaze Sunday of runes, special items forging and so on. Those who come to the Kamikaze receive a great privilege of experiencing a community spirit at it's very best!

We have some changes in store for this generation. As many know we've adjusted the way that the Kamikaze will progress for this generation. In the Kamikaze Sunday Announcement you will find there a poll. The poll is there for participants of the Kamikaze to vote in, in order to decide first of all what server difficulty the next Kamikaze Sunday will take place in and secondly is the level choices. The character level poll is to give participants an idea of what sort of lvls they can expect to see of others in the coming event so that if they wish to they can match the level of the most popular choice and allow a nicely balanced party in terms of lvls. Both these polls will be reset to 0 each week. :)

Now on a personal note there is much work for me to focus on around the forum and so I've asked our GC's erialc and Ari'Laftia to help in leading and maintaining the Kamikaze. No doubt they will do an excellent job and I couldn't be more pleased to see them both in care of the Kamikaze's. A big warm welcome if you please to the two beautiful ladies who will be charging forth into the Kamikaze. Rest assured that with the point of erialc's boot heel and the crack of Ari'Laftia's whip no monsters of Ancaria will stand a chance! :)

Truly it has been an honour, a privilege and a great joy to be a part of the past 3 months of weekly fun we have had in the Kamikaze Sundays. Looking forward to reading about the many future endeavors!

Good game all and see you on the servers. :resp:

Great post Schot and I'm sure everyone will agree that you have done an absolutely great job of organising, running, and encouraging people from all over to come to the Kami Sundays. It will be a funny place without you there but hopefully we'll carry it on in the way you have these many weeks. I can only imagine what goodies this extra time will bring to the forum :resp: I do hope that you'll still be able to pop along to cheer and play!

You have done an amazing job Schot so my hat is off to you!

I think this calls for a drink or 3 in the bar for you!

:)

The votes have been counted and this Sunday's Kami (16th September) will be held on a Silver Server :) The details can be found >> HERE <<.

Please remember that after each Kami the Poll will be reset and the votes then collected usually by Friday in order to set the Kami for that coming Sunday :)

Thanks ;)

Looks like I'll be joining you all today. The NFL games on don't seem very likely to be competive. The BIG problem is that my characters are all around level 50-60. I don't have one @ 40, but given how quickly everyone jumps up on levels except me I don't expect the level difference to be a huge issue for long. I have three different character options: my Seraphim, Vampiress, or Battle Mage. All could be played, but I'll base my decision on the party composition.

Edited by DaveO

Looks like my seraphim will be joining. She just tried the True Fighter quest and found to her dismay that the quest was hopelessly pooched. Looks like even getting rid of the dagger and giving it to another toon breaks the ability to kill the Golem with the dagger. Grrr!

Thank you for the kind words, I do try! ...well at least when I'm not slacking off that is, hehe. *puts feet up on desk*

Woot! I'm grabbing my coffee and on my way. :)

It seems like everybody had a very successful run. Me, Zinsho, and Mad Hatter took care of several Underworld areas while the other group took care of a number of Ancaria areas. Near the end, me and Zin did a Bronze +skills run and he got the max reward of +6 with his seraphim when going for the Book of Wisdom. Then Schot wanted a Proto sword, and I went into a solo Silver game to only find that he got the reward after I completed mine. The only thing that we seemed to miss on this run was going after all the dragons, but I suspect that may be part of the action next week!

Excellent Kamikaze run today if I may say so. The server was extra kind to us I found and there was little to zero lag. What a treat! Thank-you very much DaveO for going completely out of your way and getting me that prototype sword. Once again always a nobleman. :P And a big thank you too Ari too! For showing me the ways of the DE and getting the dmg my DE was doing waaaaay up. That was totally awesome! It looks as though everyone reached at least level 55. For myself I capped off the Kami with Ari and natsuki in the VoT bringing my DE up many lvls and finished off at level 61 so I'll be voting for gold. Oh and dragons next week does sound like fun!

Great game everyone! :sweating:

P.s.

The poll has been reset back to zero. :oooo:

The poll has been reset back to zero

Thanks Schot :P Please vote everyone and we'll collate the results at the end of the week. It was a great turn out this Sunday and as Schot said with very little lag indeed! Hope to see you all there next week :sweating:

Cheers

Claire :oooo:

Oh Bring on the dragons!! :)

Tim! If you need any company to level give a holler!! I think I can find time to log into scared. :D It was a fantastic and smooth playing kami. I can't wait for many many more!

Well seems I missed a few things here and there. It seems though as if you guys had a blast.

I won't be there in the comng sunday but maybe the next one.

Sylph

And claire, the sig is new to me and it gets me some NWN feelings up for some reason... *ponder*

And claire, the sig is new to me and it gets me some NWN feelings up for some reason... *ponder*

Welcome back, and some NWN? Never Winter Nights?

Thanks, and yes, neverwinter nights.

It has a certain touch around it, but it may just be me.

I think it's just me, sorry :P

Sylph

I really wish I could join you guys. But my Sundays are booked solid:Church before 10:00 am so my son can light the candles and then brunch with the membership after services. Then the Indonesian services and dinner with the membership. My wife's youth group meetings that she always asks me to sit in on.

It seems that the only way I can join in on the fun is to start a fight with the wife on Saturday.

Not the best option but perhaps I'll take one for the team. :Just_Cuz_21:

It would be great to see you there Silearth. I'd hate for you to have to create friction in the family in order to join us though. ;)

Oh and welcome back Sylph! Good to see you around and smiling again my friend. Been wondering about you for a long time now. Looking forward to catching you on the servers again. :Just_Cuz_21:

Same, but I have a sortof loaner pc I used often, but it's not very well suited for gaming but maybe sacred will run on it in low. Maybe I'll try to get on tonight if my administrations are in order ^^ Don't think it'll be much of a hassle though. It's time for hell to freeze over!

Sylph

It sounded like a pretty good session. I assisted Evil with getting +6 on the True Fighter quest. We both dusted the Golem without too many troubles. I think Zin's knowledge of the quest glitch and perhaps my mentality of being willing to go for the not quite commonly run quests is starting to pay dividends. When we both got to the Nuk Nuk area, we both quickly agreed that we were getting creamed there. So I turned on my QaaF and ran like crazy for the Weapon of Legends. Evil teleported over when I got there, and then I ran back the other way. Still took one big hit from a Chieftain on the way back, but the Golem and the book guardians were for the most part uneventful. After I left, I heard there was a boss run so I'm hoping to see some pics there. Even better is that it seems like I have a good system for joining despite Sunday American football, so I'll be playing it by ear each week.

P.S. - I heard the complaints about 6 big spiders in the desert seeking to make a VERY early end to the session for a number of participants and a few lag reports.

Edited by DaveO

Oh it was a fantastic time! Thank you everyone who came! For both playing and sharing their goodies! I love this event and always am looking forward to the next one with all of you! :)

I have loads of pics of the boss run! But Ill get them up in the morning when Im a bit more awake!

Please Sign In or Sign Up