Show us your goodies!

wow!

lol, you guys are all on buyer rolls!

Gratz, Erling on Factions...the blessed lights spells are in that one, and they're great monk spells

timo, ahhh, the card... I just get all happy when looking at cards these days.... got yerself a monster huh ^^

Bhj, yer speaker... ;) lol...it's like a sculptured piece of art from Ikea.

NEVER let kids in your house to play!

:)

gogo

Hehe getting the new PC had sparked your interest in the new developments as well, hasn't it gogo?

I have to admit though, that the power items have lost their luster to me. A lot of people are buying bigger and better systems at an alarming rate (1 every 2 years or so). It's just rediculous, the advancing developments are moving at a rate in which you simply cannot keep up. You buy a system today, and after 6 months, the value is down to 50% or so. No wonder PC gaming is loosing ground, not everyone is willing to shell out those amounts of money just to play games. Games which are getting more and more repetitive every time a new one comes out. No wonder the PS2 or XBOX360's are really popular these days, with hundreds of decent games and relatively cheap but quality hardware.

I'm feeling like the pc gaming days are starting to fade on me. Sacred2 and Diablo3 are the only games that managed to capture some of my interest. To be able to play those, I got the 7900GS TOP. And even though it was in the past, it's not that big a monster anymore. About half the performance of the 8800GTS I had before, but a lot cooler and a lot less power hungry, for half the price. Seemed quite decent, but it will be the final "upgrade" to my pc, the next one definetely will not be anything near this kind of money anymore.

I think I know what you mean Timo. To be honest, I was a little surprised, at how much of a percentage of my income, that the upgrade for my pc cost me. In fact, I'm not even sure how much a draw it is to me, anymore, of being able to run the toughest games at the highest rez's anymore. Sure, it's a blast, when you think you can chew any game out there with what you've got... but the feeling is so fleeting, and it's comparable to new car buying...so much of the value of the system just goes up in smoke the moment you cart it away from the store. Perhaps just video gaming systems would have more appeal in the future, but I mean really...are they at all that much more of a money saver? The costs of each game themselves, can be pretty pricey, and with a ps3 being an expensive first purchase into this alternate gaming market...dunno...it's something I'll have to think about.

I'm just hoping that my next comp upgrade will be a LOT cheaper, lol...because now I finally have a upgradeability built into my system, whereas before with my Dell, it wasn't there at all.

gogo

PC's are just too expensive to keep up to date. Either you want to play max and spend the money, or settle for less. The biggest PRE for consoles is that you recieve max performance on all games, and that a system will last you about 5 years UNTIL a new version comes out.

(XBOX -> XBOX 360, Gamecube -> Wii, PS2 -> PS3) Compare that to the upgrades you need for a pc to be able to reach max performance.

And as for the prices of games... When you buy games when they come out, there's not much difference in buying a pc game or a console game. But console games stay more expensive compared to pc games, because of the reason above: they don't age.

That's why I find it difficult to really see a new pc as a good purchase atm.

Remember those tiny pc's we had a report on a while back in the tech section? Mac-Mini style?

Now that's something that will make it into my place in the future. No big fancy smancy pc anymore, it just isn't worthwhile IMO.

EDIT: got me a LEGIT copy of Windows XP... :)

DSCN0498.jpg

Edited by Timotheus

Timo, I'm hoping that at least propping up my ram will keep me in a kind of okay business for a year at least. I'm running with four gigs now, and...I just gotta say it feels pretty good to run almost anything the market has to throw at me..albeit for so short a period of time :D

Fortunately, ram's cheap these days, and it looks like my upgrade path is an inexpensive one for a little while. Alas, I hear everything you're saying on the consoles... and If I'm looking to do some serious gaming... maybe it would be easier on the budget if I just stuck to playing with one machine and then just posting for the net on another?

The thing that's really sad, is that my old comp is perfectly fine for making posts and accessing the net... a feat these days, lol...and I was a little non-plussed that the only reason I had to shell out another thousand bucks was only for a single game.

sigh

well, we all have our little things we spend for huh

:viking:

gogo

p.s. Gratz on the purchase of the windows..I just bought myself an OEM Vista 64... love it :viking:@ bhj

Timo, I'm hoping that at least propping up my ram will keep me in a kind of okay business for a year at least. I'm running with four gigs now, and...I just gotta say it feels pretty good to run almost anything the market has to throw at me..albeit for so short a period of time :viking:

Fortunately, ram's cheap these days, and it looks like my upgrade path is an inexpensive one for a little while. Alas, I hear everything you're saying on the consoles... and If I'm looking to do some serious gaming... maybe it would be easier on the budget if I just stuck to playing with one machine and then just posting for the net on another?

The thing that's really sad, is that my old comp is perfectly fine for making posts and accessing the net... a feat these days, lol...and I was a little non-plussed that the only reason I had to shell out another thousand bucks was only for a single game.

sigh

well, we all have our little things we spend for huh

:crazy:

gogo

Yeah, the trouble is once you go for max performance it's real hard to fall back into mid-end and even low-end... You start spending faster and faster :woot:

Ram sure is cheap, but the 2g in my pc will be enough for anything I'll throw at it. No need for more.

Oh btw, did I tell you about that minipc thing? I'm trying to get my hands on one as we speak.... :D second hand, the housing, mobo and mem should cost me 70 inc shipping... I really hope I can get it, the guy who was auctioning it had already closed but I still hope there's a chance, my fingers are itching to build one of those :viking: lol. Should get more expensive though, I still need a slot-in sff dvd drive and a 2,5" harddrive... Although the latter should be OK since I have a notebook hdd in housing for backup, might just buy a bigger one (160gb backup when you have a 500gb disk in your pc is... well... not really the best of options) Anyway, maybe there's an update on that front in the future :P

p.s. Gratz on the purchase of the windows..I just bought myself an OEM Vista 64... love it :hugs:@ bhj

Yeah well I've been running a Student Version of XP (used to learn people how to install windows, fully functional though!) for the past year or so, but a legal copy can always come in handy. ;)

Vista came with my current pc, I can always install it again if I want to. Probably will when I might sell the pc, or get some arangement with my parents or smt like that.

• 1 month later...

Trust%20SP-2697.jpg

Trust 2.0 Multimedia Set Premium (€60)

I sold my old stereo (Philips FW326, midi stereo set) a few months ago, and was dealing with the sound from my monitor speakers and my AKG T910. But I use the headphones only when I 'm on my pc late at night, or when someone's sick around my place or something. And well, monitor speakers just don't cut it for movies etc. :P

I've played around with these speakers for MONTHS, but they were pretty expensive for a 2.0 speaker system. My second choice was a Logitech Z-4 system, but I don't really like 2.1 sound. That sub is annoying! So, after a lot of time of doubt I went ahead and bought my first choice, the Trust 2.0 Multimedia Set Premium. And I will never regret making that choice. The sound was great (hence the first-choice-thing) and booooy they make listening to music, watching movies and gaming so much better. Plus, they look slick with their finish the same as the AKG T910 and the front of my PC, fitting right in with the rest of my setup...

2407850038_547b413dc4.jpg

Creative's White TravelSound Zen Stone + Black Zen Stone 2GB (€40)

That was just an awesome deal, was just in time for my vacation. I sold my old MPIO since I hardly used it's functions. Planned on using my Nokia 6300 for listening to music, but it needed a converter plug for normal ear-buds. Didn't count on that. Plus, the phone's battery is depleted fast using it's Mp3 functions. So I was awaiting offers for a tiny mp3player. The 2GB Zen Stone costs around €40 normally, with the deal I got the player and speakers I can plug it into for the same price. The speakers (running on AA's) will last hours and hours. Good deal, very happy with it.

konsole_playstation_psone.jpg

psOne + an extra controller and some games (total spent: somewhere around €50-60)

OK this was basically only to have some fun with :P lol

Edited by Timotheus

I was bored a few weeks ago so I bought this.

mkwiiboxartam5.jpg

mkwiiboxartam5.2f12d68a20.jpg

My current score in the online races is in the 8000's, out of a maximum of 9999. You get points by winning races and lose points when you lose.

Heh, tell me Timo, is there anything you don't buy that isn't cool? I loved the read. The audio for my home system is one of the last things I haven't gotten yet. After reading your post, I may think I'll take a trip down to the local compu store again to see what kind of cool deals they have. The Zen image you showed is just beautiful. Tell me something...do you do your best to keep all your equipment in prime shape? Like with jackets, and skins and everything? It seems like we've gotta stick all the cool stuff into skins that, for me, hide the beauty of it all. I had my Itouch in a skin for a few weeks...but I found myself missing the feel and beautiful look of it. Quickly popped it out, and I found myself using it more than before...with a plastic film across the lcd pane to protect it from scratches.

Heh, Lucalain, I've been reading about your fascination with the Mario franchise for a few years now. Is your collection huge?

:P

gogo

Heh, Lucalain, I've been reading about your fascination with the Mario franchise for a few years now. Is your collection huge?

:P

gogo

Well, I do like Mario games, but not really much more than other games. Super Mario is a classic franchise, and I've owned several of the games in the series, but I wouldn't say I'm "fascinated" by Mario. I guess it's a coincidence that there's been so much Mario things in my posts.

Off the top of my head, I can tell you my "collection" includes about 8 games from the last 2 Nintendo consoles and the original Game Boy, those RC cars, an old comic book and a few figures I made as a kid.

Heh, tell me Timo, is there anything you don't buy that isn't cool? I loved the read. The audio for my home system is one of the last things I haven't gotten yet. After reading your post, I may think I'll take a trip down to the local compu store again to see what kind of cool deals they have. The Zen image you showed is just beautiful. Tell me something...do you do your best to keep all your equipment in prime shape? Like with jackets, and skins and everything? It seems like we've gotta stick all the cool stuff into skins that, for me, hide the beauty of it all. I had my Itouch in a skin for a few weeks...but I found myself missing the feel and beautiful look of it. Quickly popped it out, and I found myself using it more than before...with a plastic film across the lcd pane to protect it from scratches.

There's a lot I buy that isn't cool. :D

I purchased a second hand stereo for €20 instead of the Trust earlier this week, but on transport back to home something went iffy and it didn't work properly anymore.

Also, the wires to the speakers were bad, I think they had a crack somewhere. Took the financial "blow" and will be disposing of it.

I try to take care of my stuff the best I can, but protective films etc just don't work for me.

I used to have it on my Nokia 6300, but one day I pulled it out of my pocket and the film was stuck in my pants. :P

On the pic of the Zen, you can see the standard protective film, that's already off too.

Like I said, it just doesn't work for me...

• 4 weeks later...

lappie1.jpg

lappie2.jpg

A little linux laptop, second hand. €135. Perfect for studying 'on the road' :D

littlelinuxlaptop_bigpic.jpg

Specs:

Hardware

Power: 2100mAH/7.4V Li-ion 9V DC

Production year: 2008

CPU Speed: 400MHz

Internal RAM: 128MB

ROM: 1GB / 2 GB

LCD resolution: 800x480

The OS is a custom version of Linux with the v2.4 kernel

Applications:

Browser: Bon Echo 2.0.0.1 - based on FireFox

Email: Sylpheed 2.4.1

Chatting: Pidgin 2.1.0

eBook reader: FBReader

Media Player: Xine - plays mp3, avi, WMA

Flash Player: To play downloaded flash-games.

Word processor: AbiWord 2.4.5

Spreadsheats: Gnumeric 1.6.3 spreadsheet.

PDF Viewer: ePDFView 0.1.6

Image viewer: GQview 2.1.5

Dictionary: Stardict 2.4.8

Calendar: Agenda-type program.

Paint Brush: rgbPaint 0.8.7 Saves as .jpg or .png

Calculator: galculator v1.3.0

File manager: PCMan File Manager 0.3.2.2 Lightweight file manager.

XIPtar: file packager. Handles .zip, .tar, .gz and .bz2

Edited by Timotheus

black-eee-pc-900.jpg

Bought this little laptop 3-4 weeks ago, great little thing to take out on the road with you. Payed 400$ for it, running linux on it, but it can run win xp.

Here is the spec on it. :D

Beskrivelse:

Display

8.9" (1024 X 600)

CPU & Chipset

Dothan Cel M 900Mhz

OS - Only Danish

Linux System

(Hardware Compatible with XP)

Keyboard - Nordic

Regular Eee PC keyboard

BT

Not Available

WLAN

WiFi 802.11b/g

Memory

1024MB, DDR2 (max)

Storage-Flash

16GB

Web-Cam

1.3 Mega Pixel Video camera

Battery Life

Battery

2.5 hrs (4 cells 2.2ah)

4cells battery

Communication

10/100 Mbps Ethernet

Audio

Hi-Definition audio CODEC, Built-in stereo speaker, Built-in microphone

IO ports

3x USB 2.0

1x VGA

1x SD/MMC card reader(SDHC)

1x Audio in

1x Audio out

Net Weight

0.99Kg

Dimension

225mm(W)* 170mm(D)*31.3mm(H)

AC Power

Output: 12V, 36W; Input: 100-240V AC, 50/60Hz universal

Warranty

- 2 year local pick up and return warranty to end user

- Danish Hotline

Love those ASUS's but I think they're not that pretty... The 7" version I mean... The 900's are gorgeous but a bit expensive.

That's the reason I went with that Trendtac/razorbook/whateverit'scalledanywhereelseintheworld, it's small and cheap :woot:

Funny seeing people here buying those things as well. Maybe people will be less scared of linux from now on :woot:

Ugh wow!

Lucky you! Those are really nice pieces! :)

Oh I know ;) but seriously I am really lucky my parents got this lot, its probably because I'm not doing anything special except going out for a meal and having a few friends round this year...

I bet they've cost as lot, especially if they are high quality as you said. :(

Grats! Enjoy!

Yeah they did.... £320.... 97069HUF (just for you tomi :))

I was really lucky to get them, especially the high quality phono and spealer leads

~Doom

• 1 month later...

witcherboxtm1.jpg

w465.png

I got this game today. I wanted the Enhanced Edition package with all the goodies but I couldn't find it. I could have bought it online, but I was kind of in a hurry to get the game and my budget consisted of a 50$ gift card at Wal-Mart. Missing out on the add-ons isn't too bad, though, because most of it can be downloaded for free on the official website once you register the game. There's just one little problem to that, as I was made a victim of Atari's negligence. Their Canadian division somehow forgot to provide the registration code with the game. I tried emailing them to get a replacement, but in some sick twist of fate my email provider decided to go down with no news as to when it'll start working again. This problems happens just as I finally get some time off, too.

Edited by Lucalain

It's supposed to be a very sweet game Lucalain. It's too bad all the bad luck with the purchase though. Hope you're able to sort that out soon. I saw a lot of the vids on the making of it. Apparently the atmosphere really pulls you in.

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

I got the game to work but didn't get far. I had a busy weekend.

My aunt came to my house unexpectedly and left soon after dropping off these things:

ripleysbeieveitornotlb1.jpg

This book, and...

jacklinksorigbeefsteakhu3.jpg

Beef jerky bars ( one of them Kickin' Cajun flavor)

I couldn't tell you why she came or why she brought these things. I guess it's one of these spontaneous good deeds that are supposed to make people happy. She didn't even enter the house proper and stayed only two minutes at most.

Edited by Lucalain
  • 1 month later...

product1_10206.jpg

I've had it laying around for some time now but I got to install it today. Nice sound. crystallizer is kinda odd, have to get used to it I guess. Sounds horrible in a game though, as I quickly found out. Haven't really noticed a difference between Entertainment & Gamer modes.

Overall: not really that impressed yet, so for now I'm just glad I didn't spent the €80 it costs here, but €45 by getting it off of a guy at a forum.

Edited by Timotheus