Show us your goodies!

5 hours ago, Timotheus said:

*nudges @gogoblender :smile::smile:

34heyv6.jpg

Sweet!

Timo what do you think? Your style? It's super stylized and heavy on synergy between players.  Maybe if you get into it we can try a bit this weekend?s

WOOT!

:D

GOGO

Haven’t played it yet, been too busy.:sob: I actually picked it up real cheap, that particular toy store chain is going out of business so everything was marked down. 

Figured it would give me some options if I could ever play with some of the people here. :thumbsup:

Edited by Timotheus
1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

Haven’t played it yet, been too busy.:sob: I actually picked it up real cheap, that particular toy store chain is going out of business so everything was marked down. 

Figured it would give me some options if I could ever play with some of the people here. :thumbsup:

Sweet! We're on mostly on weekends and quick runs during the weekdays after work... Timo just post when you want to play and we can at least hook up our accounts as friends 

:superman:

gogo

• 4 months later...

I still have the wood working tools from my Grandgrandpa, the Leica and the Rolleiflex from my Grandpa, the diving clock from my dad, ...

Sometimes I wonder which of the recently bought 'goodies' will make it to the next generation.

Computers, smartphones, TV's and every other digital thing gets outdated quickly. Plastic doesn't last long. As a student I bought cheap furniture from IKEA and all was sold at a garage sale. In our house there is still furniture which is hundred years old. My grand³pa was an excellent carpenter. Every furniture was made fitting for the wooden patchwork house he lived and we now live. So I had luck,

I have a big barn and around tons of other things it stores nearly two thousands old LP's and the best ones are now all digital. But they come in use again. There are more and more shellac night parties now, not only for the old, but also for the youth. Guests bring their old LP's and dance to them. So the LP's come in use again.

21 old tractors, bought them when still at army and replacing one of the rear wheels was more expensive for the people than the whole rest of the tractor. Collectors will now pay more than 50 times more than I invested. Today a tractor has to be new or very old to have a value it seems. 10 year olds you get cheap.

What makes the old ones so interesting? No electronics, robust as a tank, having a character which is not hidden under a streamlined shape?

So what are goodies? Are they nowadays just for the moment?

So I wonder if this goodie will be a lasting one: steel, no electronics and really useful (for me).

800px-Peening_blade2.jpg

• Like! 1

I'm sorta like a gleamy eyed pirate who loves to read about the history and artifacts of people and the goods they get from their family.  You're so lucky you have need and space to bring alive and keep well preserved your family's historical legacy.

and... is that boomerang?

:D

gogo

• 5 months later...

IMG-20191226-WA0003-2.jpg 

Gave my gear a massive overhaul. You are looking at:

• Kingston HyperX Fury S Pro Gaming XL mousemat

• Kingston HyperX Alloy FPS Pro keyboard

• Kingston HyperX Cloud headset (PS branded because it was €15 cheaper) 

• Logitech G Pro Wireless mouse

• AOC G2590PX 144hz monitor (playing The Incredibles Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut)

@gogoblender do you have any idea how I can train in Overwatch? It seemed to me I would end up online instantly. I'd like to get a good feel for the game but not in matches if possible. Does it support bot matches?

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1
  • 1 year later...

Was funny, district firefighters were discussing to buy new chainsaws when my oldest daughter said that she had the best saw in her car. She still drives the car she used to travel one year through europe and her emergency and woodmaking saw was a Silky Katanaboy 650.

She was actual winning with the saw if time for start and storing away played a role. And would haveprobably won if she wasn't still recovering from giving birth to twins.

Video is about a 500mm blade, biggest blades are 1000mm, the 650mm was which fitted her best in length of handle and blade. Her technique includes some Capoeira training for hand, body and leg coordination.

• Like! 1