Show us your goodies!

Looking good Dorimil :) it's always nice tot find a cheap solution rather than an expensive option. Personally, I love the comfort of the Sennheiser headsets and after hearing a sound recording of this headset I was sold. It's been on my wishlist about half a year now. :)

Andere for you gogo, I am looking forward to trying out the Awei ES 800M

I was sure I had these in my latest order, but I see I haven't ordered anything since January. So they are not on their way just yet ;)
On two Dutch forums I visit there are topics with hardcore China shoppers, a few being headphone-enthousiasts. The Awei I have linked up above are mentioned as the best sub-$10 earphones from Chinese webshops.

Edited for link to a cheaper webshop

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1
  • 2 months later...

timo, we're looking for head phones now

Those massive ones I ordered before were absolutely terrific...I just changed the rubber pieces inside them and they were comfy... SICK bass...

What about these ones you ordered Timo, did they arrive, how do you rate them?

Schot's looking for great priced headphones and I mentioned to him that you were looking at these

:)

gogo

They're very good! Better than others I still had lying around. There always are better options for a bigger budget. But when you're like me and get sick of buying new ones about every year, because you use, abuse and loose them. You can't go wrong with these. For the price, they are pretty awesome.

And as an update to my sennheiser collection: the headset is lovely. The headphones I brought with me on my trip to the US actually got snagged on a door handle at the airport and broke. I need to get a hold of some black duct tape to ghetto-fix it I guess. That got me a little upset on the way here...

• Like! 1

Good headphones--- I still buy them at a music studio. So I can try them out. I am tall and most are above or at their upper limit of thickness of allowed head diametre. Also I bring my favourite opera music into the shop. If I can hear all the very high and very low parts it will work for any music .

It's still a miracle that I can hear nearly the full spectrum after 3 decades playing tuba ;)

• Like! 1

Good headphones--- I still buy them at a music studio. So I can try them out. I am tall and most are above or at their upper limit of thickness of allowed head diametre. Also I bring my favourite opera music into the shop. If I can hear all the very high and very low parts it will work for any music .

It's still a miracle that I can hear nearly the full spectrum after 3 decades playing tuba ;)

Good headphones are miniature miracles, and getting them at wonderful prices adds to the tuba tired ears^^

gogo

They're very good! Better than others I still had lying around. There always are better options for a bigger budget. But when you're like me and get sick of buying new ones about every year, because you use, abuse and loose them. You can't go wrong with these. For the price, they are pretty awesome.

And as an update to my sennheiser collection: the headset is lovely. The headphones I brought with me on my trip to the US actually got snagged on a door handle at the airport and broke. I need to get a hold of some black duct tape to ghetto-fix it I guess. That got me a little upset on the way here...

Wow, so happy you like the headphones... and that new link you put up to a cheaper webshop... Can't believe the pricing!! it's gonna cost me 6.02 CAD INCLUDING SHIPPING hahahah... course the delivery on that is tween 15 to 30 days, but ...just for the curiosity of getting something so good sounding, at such cheap price, invites my choice to choose cheapest to weigh in the entire ordering experience.

Sucks bout the headphone snag! For me, headphones come in and leave so quickly, snag on stuff, someone needs some (hello mom... ! :viking: ) ... lol getto fix it... to the rescue!

:dance:

gogo

Ordered this morning.. and... price went down to 5.99 TAX IN AND SHIPPING! Timo, this is an absolute steal, how does this shop do this?

course, travel time, a stated, is 15 - 30 days, plus no insurance...but at 5.99 tax in, am looking to gamble on this thrill.

:D

gogo

To be fair, I have no clue. Really.

I do know the shops have no stores, they are just warehouses. Their profit comes from bulk. Shipping costs are spread across items, you generally see that small lightweight items are cheap and that bigger items are more expensive.

For taxes I generally have my orders around 22 euros in value, that's the highest value we are allowed to import without paying an additional fee, should the package get checked. I still have a wishlist so I will be ordering again soon!

• 3 years later...

Topic resurrection post :) my latest goodies are a set of bronze rims to go on my car (mobile warning!!!)

https://tweakers.net/ext/f/MwJb67gRUpucPPki5TMtqJhV/full.jpg

She's a 155bhp Alfa Romeo Mito with a K&N intake, Ragazzon 60mm diameter stainless catback exhaust and chipped to 175bhp :)

Edited by Timotheus
1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

Topic resurrection post :) my latest goodies are a set of bronze rims to go on my car (mobile warning!!!)

https://tweakers.net/ext/f/MwJb67gRUpucPPki5TMtqJhV/full.jpg

She's a 155bhp Alfa Romeo Mito with a K&N intake, Ragazzon 60mm diameter stainless catback exhaust and chipped to 175bhp :)

...just...WOW...thats gotta be the coolest thing posted in this thread since inception... Bravo on the gorgeous four wheeled beast...  What will you do with this car for parking when you both get to the city? Is parking affordable? I know that here in Montreal, parking is painfully inconsolable... in fact it was one of the first comforts I gave up when moving in from the suburbs...dont miss it so much now as the MTL transport system is so amazing, all underground and superbly heated... Though maybe for a few days I could borrow your car for a country drive?

gogo

Hmm, just got a 4K UHD home theater setup ... piecemeal. I got the 4K TV and the 4K Blu-ray player first, but my old 7.1 receiver just wouldn't handle the load, so I ended up getting a 5.2 4K UHD capable receiver as well. I would post images but would have to leave my dungeon to do that and I'm in the middle of something right now.

If anyone really cares, I will post links to the manufacturers' website with specs rather than images. I went with 5.2, because the room the system is located in is really too small for 7.x. Now I have two extra speakers I can use elsewhere.

Edited by Spock
  • Like! 1
8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

...just...WOW...thats gotta be the coolest thing posted in this thread since inception... Bravo on the gorgeous four wheeled beast...  What will you do with this car for parking when you both get to the city? Is parking affordable? I know that here in Montreal, parking is painfully inconsolable... in fact it was one of the first comforts I gave up when moving in from the suburbs...dont miss it so much now as the MTL transport system is so amazing, all underground and superbly heated... Though maybe for a few days I could borrow your car for a country drive?

gogo

Thanks :cool: I really wanted a nice car after my two earlier rational car decisions !!

Parking is okay, it’s free (one space in our backyard actually) but it can be busy during office hours since we live near a hospital. Fine thus far though! 

@Spock I know what you mean. Right now I have a similar setup as you have now, but I am actually looking towards downsizing to a decent soundbar setup. 

5 hours ago, Spock said:

Hmm, just got a 4K UHD home theater setup ... piecemeal. I got the 4K TV and the 4K Blu-ray player first, but my old 7.1 receiver just wouldn't handle the load, so I ended up getting a 5.2 4K UHD capable receiver as well. I would post images but would have to leave my dungeon to do that and I'm in the middle of something right now.

If anyone really cares, I will post links to the manufacturers' website with specs rather than images. I went with 5.2, because the room the system is located in is really too small for 7.x. Now I have two extra speakers I can use elsewhere.

Grat on the huge new 4k I'd love to see the stats and specs... Ive been looking lately to maybe make our living room more sonically fullfilling, and maybe seeing what some friends are doing will what it takes for me to take the plunge... though I do live in an apartment, and a soundbar, like Timo mentions, was kinda the way I wanted to go, as our living room is pretty small, and with a huge 60 " plasma in it, we want to be careful of taking up too much more space

gogo

1 hour ago, Timotheus said:

Thanks :cool: I really wanted a nice car after my two earlier rational car decisions !!

Parking is okay, it’s free (one space in our backyard actually) but it can be busy during office hours since we live near a hospital. Fine thus far though! 

@Spock I know what you mean. Right now I have a similar setup as you have now, but I am actually looking towards downsizing to a decent soundbar setup. 

"downsizing" has been a huge new thing for me, after seeing my mom get rid  of so much in here place in the states...she's looking to have as much space and light as possible

gogo

@gogoblender It helps clear things up in so many ways. We are in no means minimalists. So for the sale of our place we held a big clean up which involved quite a few trips to the dump and charity, to make the pictures look nice and tidy.

It’s so much easier to find things or put them away WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE A LOT TO BEGIN WITH :lol: 

• Like! 1
On 2/5/2019 at 8:46 AM, Timotheus said:

@gogoblender It helps clear things up in so many ways. We are in no means minimalists. So for the sale of our place we held a big clean up which involved quite a few trips to the dump and charity, to make the pictures look nice and tidy.

It’s so much easier to find things or put them away WHEN YOU DON’T HAVE A LOT TO BEGIN WITH :lol: 

heh, your clean up reminds me of my Mom just getting all stuff picked up... a small twinge of sadness for memories..but all the good stuffs here in me heart and in the family I make sure to see as often as I can

:heart:

gogo

And...I never got a chance to post in this thread my most funnest thing I've purchased in a while...I dont purchase big ticket items often, I"m quite happy with less kind of these days, but after two years of searching for the laptop that would claim both my fingers and heart..here's my new (well, relatively :P) baby

surface laptop 2!

gogo

IMG_2015.jpg

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Timotheus said:

That’s a cracking little gadget you got there! Which model is it?

my baby!!

I spent two years trying to brainwash myself into believing that I liked macs... Gak...I just couldnt fall in love with them. I'm not liking their design language think its old and kind of clunky feeling operations system.

What I got was a surface laptop 2... brilliant piece of kit...best typing experience and has a aspect ratio of 3 2 so it looks more like web pages and is great for productivity (at least my own) We bought it from the online microsoft store... thirty days free returns! and they always cut prices by two to four hunded dollars every few months.  I got the black one with 256 gb... when I go out everyone asks about it because of its thinnness :D

image.png

image.png

surface is microsofts premium line and my own feeling on this is that this is where Apple should be :D

gogo

On 2/23/2019 at 3:30 PM, Timotheus said:

Looks awesome :thumbsup: is it an addition to your regular pc or has your gaming system let out it’s last breath?

I actually still have a desk top, and it's card is handling at least diablo 3...but not sure it can tolerate more than that... it's still able to run Overwatch, and thats truly satisfying ^^  With the desktop running my two monitors, its decent for gaming and some moving watching...the latptop is mostly for some work I do for my uncle and  online posts and reading when I feel like getting out of my room.

My new laptop ca actually play Overwatch because it's so optimizerd,but its not get its own video card, so its never gonna be good for that.

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

As I said, I caved, the price was too good :bounce:so happy with this one!! It looks as good as new too!!

2qvfjf6.jpg

rc4x9l.jpg

Dell Inspiron 15: Intel I7 7700hq / 16GB / GTX1060 6GB / 256GB NVMe SSD. A perfect and fairly 1-on-1 replacement for my pc :cow:

Edited by Timotheus
4 hours ago, Timotheus said:

As I said, I caved, the price was too good :bounce:so happy with this one!! It looks as good as new too!!

2qvfjf6.jpg

rc4x9l.jpg

Dell Inspiron 15: Intel I7 7700hq / 16GB / GTX1060 6GB / 256GB NVMe SSD. A perfect and fairly 1-on-1 replacement for my pc :cow:

That's a great find!  We use a lot of Dells here, after accidentally stumbling onto them almost two years and getting the xps 13... man...what a beast...that little number gets top of the mark scores every year as best latptop ...only thing is that its a tad prohibitively expensive ...the inspiron series though is close to enterprise level toughness and magnificent pricing.. and you got a fifteen inch... great screen size!

and...u got a dedicated video card ... good on ya for da gaming sir!

:dance:

gogo