Show us your goodies!

Today is my birthday and I got something I did not expect as a present:

mariorcpi1.th.jpg

Mario Kart RC cars! I got one of Mario and another one featuring Yoshi. They said I could race against my 3-year-old nephew with this.

With Christmas coming I think this thread could see more activity.

Cooler Master eXtreme 460 watt

file1194264320690.jpg

A new PSU. Strong, silent and cool lol, it made my case temps go down :drunkards:

It's about to power either an 8800GTS 320MB or a 3850 256MB, just depends on whether the guy offering the 8800GTS will mail me back soon enough. If it takes him too long, I might be going for the 3850.

Edited by Timotheus
  • 2 weeks later...

The Saturday after Christmas, I went in to the local music shop to check on whether they could get strings in for a Jaguar Baritone/Bass VI, and ended up trying out one of the guitars they had on sale for their Boxing Week sale... and fell in love.

With an hour and a half until the store closed and the sale ended, I picked up a Fender Aerodyene Tele for $499, using the money I was saving up to get the Jaguar Baritone. It's beautiful and I love it :lol:

Tele.jpg

TeleHead.jpg

The p90 installed in the bridge sounds like heaven.

Incidentally, it nicely matches the Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass I picked up two years ago :)

(on the right)

guitar-amp.jpg

I've also had this limited edition poster for a while. I had it framed and it cost a lot.

diabloposterlargeyl7.jpg

Lucalain you made my day

That's....

*flashback*

Sniff, oh how I still love that game, rumor has it that they're making a Diablo 3 (Blizzard).

Nice poster, wish I could have it too. Where did you got it from? and exactly how much did it cost you?

I might even buy one of my own. I have had that poster as my desktop background for months. I like it still.

Great!

Sincerely,

Jasper

PS

Happy birthday, although it's a little late :P

PPS

Ankhanu.

That's a nice guitar, do you play a lot? Are you in a band?

My newest addition to the 'make lots of noise' club. thats 2 Gretsch Blackhawk EXs... 1 fusion kit (10 inch tom, 12 inch tom, 14 inch floor tom, 24 inch bass) and 1 rock kit (12 inch tom, 13 inch tom, 16 inch floor tom, 24 inch bass)... each kit comes with a 14x4 inch snare, I use em as side snares, tuned differently. Using Gibraltar pedals and hardware, Remo Coated Emporer heads, (an evans coated hydraulic blue head on the main snare) a couple sabian cymbals, a couple zildjians, and a Wuhan China (hand-made =D) Got the fusion kit a few weeks ago on Ebay :4rofl:

And the other "makes lots of noise"

A Sig Sauer Mosquito... a little .22 caliber. Got it from the local gun store a few weeks ago as well. it's a dream. love it. lots of fun to shoot, great for beginners too! hopefully it'll help me practice for my competition in a few months.

-Total

it's not allowed in the NL to carry weapons of mass destruction.. I wonder why they still put on the news though..

Guns are cool but remember not to just play with them, and reading you have a competition coming, you know how to handle such a pistol. Is a Deagle also in your range? (from CSS).

Cool noisemakers, I only have two sisters, they can't compete with those things.

Sincerely,

Jasper

Guns are cool but remember not to just play with them, and reading you have a competition coming, you know how to handle such a pistol. Is a Deagle also in your range? (from CSS).

Cool noisemakers, I only have two sisters, they can't compete with those things.

A desert eagle would be either a .45 ACP or a .50 cal... both of which I've shot, (albeit not too accurately) this here is a .22 pistol, so the diameter is say, 1/5 of an inch, (with relative gunpowder charge). the .45 ACP/.50 cal is roughly 1/2 an inch (with relative charge as well) .45 ACP is much faster and hotter a round, much more recoil. I've seen an 8 year old shoot a .22 pistol with little recoil, so I'd say that they're easy to handle. on the other hand, I've seen a 40 year old almost break his nose not knowing how to handle the recoil of a .50. it's all about how you place your hands on the weapon. and yes, jasper is right, guns are most definitely NOT toys. my competition will be using a 9mm, either a glock 17 or a sig sauer p228. I shoot .22s to conserve money (550 bullets for $10 US, compared to 9mm 50 bullets for $13 US.) GUNS ARE NOT TOYS DO NOT EVER EVER EVER POINT ONE AT SOMEONE, LOADED OR UNLOADED UNLESS IT IS IN SELF DEFENSE AND THEY ARE PRESENTING YOU WITH EQUAL OR GREATER FORCE.

now that I've completed my little spiel, my last note is, jasper, I have one sister, and I know she is definitely noisier than both the gun and the drums. lol take care all,

-Total

My newest addition to the 'make lots of noise' club. thats 2 Gretsch Blackhawk EXs... 1 fusion kit (10 inch tom, 12 inch tom, 14 inch floor tom, 24 inch bass) and 1 rock kit (12 inch tom, 13 inch tom, 16 inch floor tom, 24 inch bass)... each kit comes with a 14x4 inch snare, I use em as side snares, tuned differently. Using Gibraltar pedals and hardware, Remo Coated Emporer heads, (an evans coated hydraulic blue head on the main snare) a couple sabian cymbals, a couple zildjians, and a Wuhan China (hand-made =D) Got the fusion kit a few weeks ago on Ebay :tongue:

Nice lookin' kit... bit bigger than I prefer, but still quite nice. :o Gretsch has made some damn fine instruments through the years. I'd like to hear it in action :)

What do you think of Paiste cymbals?

Nice lookin' kit... bit bigger than I prefer, but still quite nice. :tongue: Gretsch has made some damn fine instruments through the years. I'd like to hear it in action :o

What do you think of Paiste cymbals?

lol I'm a bit outta practice... but...

Paiste... they make a quality cymbal, but they're hard to find around here... expensive when you do find them... theres only like 3 music stores in town, and they all carry sabians and zildjians only... I originally wanted TAMA Iron cobra pedals... but alas! they don't carry them here... had to buy Gibbies... =/

-Total

*drool*

omg, mass effect...

omg, halo3

omg assasins creed!

omg!

omgoody

dang tha's some nasty expensive stuff, don't look at me when it's gone some day. It won't be me.

Very very very nice stuff man :P (and cost a lot too)

Jasper

What I bought yesterday:

*In-ear headphones for my MP3player

*Movies: X-Files and Starship Troopers

*CDs: 2 Hardstyle CDs and one with the music from The Blues Brothers

*An old but really fun game: Sega Rally Championship :D

How I am trying to pay for it: selling a few of my old games on teh intehnets :D

*drool*

omg, mass effect...

omg, halo3

omg assasins creed!

omg!

omgoody

dang tha's some nasty expensive stuff, don't look at me when it's gone some day. It won't be me.

Very very very nice stuff man :P (and cost a lot too)

Jasper

I already have it in a safe :blush:

I am thinking very very bad thoughts about spending that kinda cash to get stuff like that too =P very nice buy zyth, quite a collection =D

-Total

I definitely don't regret buying any of this :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some really nice goodies you have guys. :)

I recently bought a new 22" widescreen LCD Benq monitor

benqbp7.th.jpg

My old trusty Studioworks 19" CRT can be seen to the left

and a closeup of my new Logitech G15rev2 keyboard and G9 mouse.

logitechrj4.th.jpg

stubbs

Recently I ended up purchasing my cousin's xbox for a discount price (=D). I bought call of duty 4, Rockband (the bundle... guitar, drums, mic, game), and a hard drive and another wired controller. All I need now is a HDTV and stuff to make it HD, and then xbox live, and more games, and more controllers... lol. a work in progress, but I've beaten rockband on easy, medium, and hard on drums already... haven't got the willpower to start it on expert though... (im lazy and dont want to look like too much of a fool).

good times.

-Total

PS. stubbie, nice moniter, I have a 21 inch of similar specs to that from HP, love it. I need to get a non-standard keyboard and mouse though, mine look like crap.