Show us your goodies!

omgod, luca...that elephant, the pink cotton candy.... AWESOME RETRO!

And your story of the hole... nice work with the prose mate... hey , my little stop into this section of the forum has netted me some great chuckles here this morning.

Thanks for the romp and the re-visit guys

:(

gogo

Ahhh nostalgic, that's really cool Luca :(

I'm not nostalgic, Timo. I was just really surprised the thing still existed. When I saw it, I thought it was a remnant of ages past the store owner had found sitting in his backstore and had put on the shelf to get rid of. The old-looking price tag and the lack of a best before date, required by law on all food products since the last 15 years, compounded this feeling.

...now you put the taste in my mouth. You know.. I don't remember it as being particularly...the best of anything...just remembered that it was good... pretty decent actually:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucky_Elephant_Popcorn

*sigh*

Now I'm gonna have to see if any place around here has it. I'll post a pic if I can find it

:(

gogo

There's snow out and mine had done their time, so I went out and got some new...

bootsh.jpg

...boots! They're the same model as the one in that picture, but with only one zipper. You can't tell, but the boot in the picture has two zippers.

Then this morning I saw a sign pointing to some place in the building and went to have a look, and I scored a free pair of...

hockeytix.jpg

...hockey tix for next Wednesday's game.

Edited by Lucalain
There's snow out and mine had done their time, so I went out and got some new...

bootsh.jpg

...boots! They're the same model as the one in that picture, but with only one zipper. You can't tell, but the boot in the picture has two zippers.

Then this morning I saw a sign pointing to some place in the building and went to have a look, and I scored a free pair of...

hockeytix.jpg

...hockey tix for next Wednesday's game.

Ah Hockey. Since I can't say anything nice about the Pittsburgh Steeler this year. :cry: I will brag a little, and tease a little about the Pittsburgh Penguins played Montreal this week. How about the Penguins there guys! **little chuckle at Gogo and Schot's expense**

heheh, Loca, grrrrrrr :cry: awwwwwwww... no tv here :P

BTW, Luca, yer writeups are really getting to be a lot of fun for me to read, specially as you're in Montreal as well. They connect, and you have a good feel for the prose.

Ty

:)

gogo

heheh, Loco, grrrrrrr :cry: awwwwwwww... no tv here :P

BTW, Luca, yer writeups are really getting to be a lot of fun for me to read, specially as you're in Montreal as well. They connect, and you have a good feel for the prose.

Ty

:)

gogo

Nothin' but Forumvision there huh? That's about all I see anymore too. It's alright, We all get a staring roll on Forumvision!

I got this:

greyknightsomnibus.jpg

By lucalain

The Grey Knights Omnibus. It's a 3-in-1 compilation of the three Grey Knights novels from the Warhammer 40,000 universe. I already had one of the books in it, Dark Adeptus, but at only a couple of dollars more than the price of a single book it was a better deal than buying the other two books separately.

I had a motive for getting this book today which I will not reveal to you. Let it just be said that the idea was not only mine.

• 2 months later...

Poker case? (Here, they sell these cases with poker sets in them...)

1267980639-260.jpg

...No it's not!

1267980736-270.jpg

[The list: poker case, old gym mat, filling knife, stanley knife and glue.]

Downside: the room smells like glue now :drool:

Edited by Timotheus
  • 2 weeks later...

I had something important to do at the mall today, and since it's 40 minutes away (on foot, because I had to walk), I decided to murder three pigeons with one rock by shopping for things I needed. My computer microphone decided to break a few days ago, so I needed a new one, but then I figured I might as well get one on a headset so I wouldn't have to bend down over the keyboard to speak and could replace my old MP3 player headphones with something more comfortable. I went to the electronics store, but there I saw headsets were $30, which was sort of out of my price range at that moment, yet I didn't give up. I remembered what my mother had said all those years ago about dollar store microphones, specifically that they were a dollar, and so I went to the dollar store at the other end of the mall and sure enough, the first thing I saw was...

headphonesandmic.jpg

By lucalain at 2010-03-20

...a headphone and microphone set, selling for $3. Prices must have gone up since the olden days of my mother, but it was a pretty good deal, I thought.

Next, I went to the bookstore. Late last year my favorite uncle, my godfather and my namesake pitched in to offer me a $60 gift certificate there. I work at a bookstore myself, and I know both places get pretty much the same stock, so I had plenty of time to figure out what I wanted and whether it would be available before I ever went to the mall. So with my battle plan in mind, I went straight to the fiction area and picked up...

frankherbertdune.jpg

frankherbertdunemessiah.jpg

...some classics which for some reason I hadn't had a chance to read, and...

davidgemmelllegend.jpg

davidgemmelldruss.jpg

...David Gemmell's Legend and The First Chronicles of Druss the Legend.

Of course, I had to walk 40 minutes with all this stuff on me on my way home.

Edited by Lucalain
  • 3 weeks later...

Another gift card, another shopping spree. It may seem like I buy everything with gift cards, but it's not the case. I just happen to have gotten a bunch of them in the last six months, and I prefer t use my own money on more important things like food, lodging and internet access.

This time the gift card was at another bookstore, where I got...

childrenofdune.jpg

By lucalain at 2010-04-09

More Dune...

princessbridew.jpg

Another classic and...

asphofields.jpg

A game tie-in.

Now that I see the Aspho Fields cover, I remember reading good things about the author from a reputable source. That thought didn't occur to me when I bought it.

That's not all, though, because I had yet another gift card at an electronics store where I went shopping last week. I was looking for the season's blockbuster, but it wasn't in stock, so as I wandered the aisles looking at nothing in particular, I found this, which I did not expect to ever see in a brick and mortar store:

torchlightusesrbboxart1.jpg

The action RPG Torchlight. It cost $22 with tax, which I thought wasn't a big deal, but just the next day, while sitting in chat for an online game, someone asked whether we had bought this game that weekend. I said I had, at a retail store, but then they told me it was on sale for four (4) dollars on Steam the very day I paid 5.5 times the price for a boxed copy. Dang.

• 3 weeks later...

0-180185-SWEEX-PCI-EXPRESS-SATA-II-INTERN-1X-PU200.JPG

Finally I have a SATA port with hotswap support! :P

I use it for a back-up HDD.

sony-mrw620a2121-p_558590vb.png

Trusty cardreader, my old one was acting up with SD cards. Those are the only one's I use :dry: so I'm totally happy with it!

Edited by Timotheus

'press new posts button' Wow, nice let's see what things can be found in the world of Ancaria....

...wat whats this?.....damn.

I had about $8 left on my gift card when I bought the books in my last post. I used that money that place a special order at the bookstore. The usual order time is 5 to 10 days, but they told me it could take a bit longer for some reason, so I expected to get a call from the bookstore only in a week form now. But today, I went to that store for business and in passing, the cashier intercepted me, saying she had had my book for a week and had called me twice. I had not heard from them, so I was a bit surprised. $10,97 later I was owner of this marvel of literature:

n24226.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

th_SAM_0097.jpg

The mailman stopped by today...

th_SAM_0098.jpg

And he brought me a new 2.1-in-one USB speakerset!

It has a woofer up front and 3 small speakers in the top, excellent sound. :)

portal.jpg

Portal. It's free on Steam for PC and Mac for another couple of days. I played through the whole thing in one night, without taking a break. It's good.

Makes you be creative and think in 3D doesn't it? Great game

Is portal the origin of the whole cake meme thing, or did it take it from somewhere else? Great game anyway, awesome sense of humour.

any google search for "The Cake is a Lie" comes back Portal. I have no idea if it came from somewhere else, but Portal definitely took it over.

Wolpaw further describes the idea of using cake as the reward came about as "at the beginning of the Portal development process, we sat down as a group to decide what philosopher or school of philosophy our game would be based on. That was followed by about 15 minutes of silence and then someone mentioned that a lot of people like cake

Lol!

I just bought this today, because I really like the first game :

Super-Mario-Galaxy-2-Front-Cover-22362.jpg

But before playing it, I must finish this game I have lots of fun with :

Rabbids-Go-Home-Pal-Front-Cover-20692.jpg

Max

Edited by metal_max64