Show us your goodies!

Guess I forgot to mention it'll be a three year project to pay that. Around 850€ or something. Couldn't get it otherwise but there was a nifty part payment contract. Around 25€ per month is affordable for me. :)

Too bad two's the maximum my current GPU can handle. So no all three screens at once... Yet, with couple of clicks I can twirl which screens to use for pc. ^^ Though one of these days I need to invest on the pc as whole. Especially GPU.

But gotta admit, I'm quite damn happy about the tv.

Love the setup Juha, real gamer's heaven. Bet you just sink tween that and the plant corner after a rough tough day.

I'm a big fan of multi-screening, couldn't imagine my comp experience without it...though I've only got two

nyah!

:oooo:

gogo

Days long long ago, there was a dark site of me. In a time we had no kids yet, my wife and me liked to join real life roleplay happenings. I never spent to much money, I just bought stuff I found useful in real life too or I had already. I had a long black leather coat already (motorbike). So I actually bought a big black leather hat :)

Something like this:

t_11761.jpg

As a weapon I used a Brandhaken on a 8 feet pole (firefighter hook).

Alter-Brandhaken-Feuerhaken.jpg

Hook is used to drag stray packets away from a fire in a barn or farm.

The hat is still in use: markets at rain. With a 2 feet orange feather kids find me from far far away. While I can hide my face under the big diametre ;)

• 9 months later...

Beauty!

u need a sub for them or they handle bass?

Funny, was just talking about my system to a friend just a few minutes ago, saying how little I paid, how awesome they sound, how satisfying the buying experience was because of the salelady, and how heartbroken I'm going to be one day if I ever need to have them replaced.

U sound so excited bout your set, tell more!

:)

gogo

A review from Hardware.info: http://uk.hardware.info/reviews/4738/7/9-computer-speakers-tested-with-or-without-subwoofer-edifier-studio-6-plus

Edifier Studio 6 Plus
Edifier submitted three speaker sets for this round-up. The first speakers we'll take a look at, the Studio 6 Plus, are actually far too big to be used as PC speaker set. Edifier positions them in its ‘Studio’ line for use in the living room in combination with a smartphone or mp3 player.

On the other hand, the limited length of the cable between the two speakers makes desktop use more practical. Since it's an XLR cord, replacing it is costly.
So far the points of criticism, but the Studio 6 Plus also has a lot to offer. The set is ‘bi-amped’, which means that the speakers have separate amplifiers for the high and mid-range on the one hand, the low-end on the other. The right speaker contains controls for volume, bass and treble, and Edifier includes a wireless remote.
The total RMS output is 124 watts, but more important than that, the Studio 6 Plus just sound plain good. The old-fashioned combination of a large chassis, 16.5 cm woofers and 2.5 cm tweeters create a very nice, classy sound. It's generally warm, and sometimes you have to turn down the bass just a tad. Other times, if a song has a nice bass line, turning it up a little can create a very nice sound.
The size of these speakers likely only make them an interesting option for music lovers and perhaps bedroom producers, but watching a movie or gaming on these speakers will also be very enjoyable. The Studio 6 Plus speaker set will cost you an average of £150.
The Edifier Studio 6 Plus isn't for every PC desktop, but it certainly provides outstanding sound quality. The short cable and impractical connector is enough of a gripe that we don't give it the Gold Award, but Edifier certainly earned the Silver Award.

These just sound really well and they're nice and heavy (8-9kg as a set). The big woofers mean they provide nice lows on their own, I really sought for a set that would do low without the need for a sub. I don't really like having a sub standing around, and most 2.1 sets have these terribly small satellites which basically means all lows have to come from the sub. I also picked up some goodies to revive my pc, for the time being. It's getting quite old by now, but it was my first ;)

These are all bought new:

arctic-cooling-accelero-l2-plus.jpg

Arctic Cooling Accelero L2 Plus

arctic-cooling-alpine-11-rev-2.jpg

Arctic Cooling Alpine 11

2377297-1o.jpg

Antec New Solution VSK-4000E

razer-abyssus.png

Razer Abyssus

Windows 8 update

Still hesitating about a new keyboard...

And second hand I've bought:

709002.jpg

Corsair XMS2 TWIN2X4096-6400C5

samsung-syncmaster-214t-215.jpg

Samsung Syncmaster 214T 21" 4:3

Will post update on how things look after next week - we'll be moving next weekend!

Edited by Timotheus
  • Like! 1

My boxes are 20 years old. Some friends, my brother and me spend a weekend to make negative forms from styropor and then use the forms to pour fast hardening concrete in. Designed for 100 Watt sinus and having bass reflex pipes build in. We build 30=2*15 boxes. Six of them were for the local school. Each box was like 50 pounds. The speakers got a nice discount at the electronic dealer because of the number we bought. The frequenz mixer did our electronic expert who was doing his doctor title in electronic at this time.

My job was calculating of the basses and the colouring of the concrete:

120475_485.jpg

Concrete does a lot less vibrations than wood or metal.

120471_485.jpg

The pictures are from a german doityourself magazin. Which we had this good material back then.

• Like! 1

Modern boxes are designed to allow to make them into smaller carryable parts. To prevent heart attacks I won't post the prices of high end concrete boxes. But you can find them in this article:

http://www.monoandstereo.com/2013/08/concrete-audio-n1-concrete-audio.html

The manufacturer page:

http://www.concrete-audio.com/en/concrete-audio/

Our costs for a pair of selfmade concrete boxes were around 350 german marks around 20 years back, very good ones but not as good as the ones posted above. Today it would be around 600 Euro. Not in the 350DM are like 30-40 hours of work. My younger brother was in an orchestra and he wanted good speakers. A friend was music teacher and he wanted some too - and some for the school. So by asking around we decided to do 15 pairs, all identical except the colours. School ones were red and green, for left and right boxes.

My boxes are 20 years old. Some friends, my brother and me spend a weekend to make negative forms from styropor and then use the forms to pour fast hardening concrete in. Designed for 100 Watt sinus and having bass reflex pipes build in. We build 30=2*15 boxes. Six of them were for the local school. Each box was like 50 pounds. The speakers got a nice discount at the electronic dealer because of the number we bought. The frequenz mixer did our electronic expert who was doing his doctor title in electronic at this time.

My job was calculating of the basses and the colouring of the concrete:

120475_485.jpg

Concrete does a lot less vibrations than wood or metal.

120471_485.jpg

The pictures are from a german doityourself magazin. Which we had this good material back then.

I'm also surprised but interested in the concrete for the speakers

What is the performance like? What do those small ones weight?

gogo

The picture is for 15kg concrete powder, 35 kg quartz sand, 10litre water. That is for one box. When We did ours we had a pipe build in for the bass reflexes and we used quite flat speakers. Technic developed meanwhile, but my brother in the audio lab a friend has our old ones are still comparablec to a pair of 1000 euro boxes.

My brother stll uses this old amplifier With vacuum tubes.

Am gonna try to make some time free for gaming ;) but first my pc needs an 'update' with the hdd with XP to be replaced with an ssd with windows 8, some cooling replacements... Will take me some time with the move and everything, but I hope to be up and running at the end of the month, maybe November.

Gluck with the move. I remember for a few interminable years in a row, it seemed like all of my friends and me were all moving from one place to another.

Oh, aching back times

But so much pizza

:chef:

gogo

• 3 months later...

They look modern. My skates are 15+ years old. We water a plan field every year with firefighters and hope for a longer frost period. No luck so far this winter. Next ice hall is 40 miles away and over crowded.

• Like! 1

Nice skates Schot.

post-15332-0-12317400-1390472824_thumb.jpg

here is my skates, I got them from my cousin. he bought them new, used them once and never again. when I used to live in Pretoria I went to skate at least once a week, sometimes twice a week. always enjoyed it. we don't have winters cold enough to freeze a pond, lake or river, so we go to skating rinks whenever we want to ice skate, and even though it is soooo much fun and keeps you moving and I'm sure it must be good exercise, not that many people in South Africa does ice skating...

• Like! 1

They look modern. My skates are 15+ years old. We water a plan field every year with firefighters and hope for a longer frost period. No luck so far this winter. Next ice hall is 40 miles away and over crowded.

ha, I hear you on the old skates, though the ankle support is needy with old leather

Nice skates Schot.

attachicon.gifphoto (1).JPG

here is my skates, I got them from my cousin. he bought them new, used them once and never again. when I used to live in Pretoria I went to skate at least once a week, sometimes twice a week. always enjoyed it. we don't have winters cold enough to freeze a pond, lake or river, so we go to skating rinks whenever we want to ice skate, and even though it is soooo much fun and keeps you moving and I'm sure it must be good exercise, not that many people in South Africa does ice skating...

Very nice looking!

And... skating in south africa, land of the sun...who woulda thunk it!

gogo