Sacred Guide to Easy Splitting

Thanx to erialc for some inspiration I've created a little video about splitting Sakara Demons in the Valley of Tears of Underworld. Cheers me lady, this ones for you! :D

The other night erialc, during our preparations to head into the VoT for a bit of bashing, made an inspiring comment to me. She had said it would be nice if she had the icons to have the burning feet bonus and thus be able to split Sakara Demons nicely. After she said this it occured to me that because of the rarety of finding icons it would be nice to have an alternative and so I began to imagine how I might duplicate the effect she was after without the icons.

Recently and presently I've been playing the Dark Elf and boy is he fun to play. I've taken a great liking to the Explosive Charge CA and have also enjoyed Poison Mist. Although Poison Mist isn't exactly "my thing" I did notice something interesting about it. On horseback it can be spammed(cast over and over very fast). After a bit more thinking it became clear to me that Poison Mist is a perfect candidate for duplicating the technique of burning feet splitting and to my satisfaction during trials it does the job quite well. :)

In the following DivX video my level 70 DE in a Gold server is using a level 6 Poison Mist and has 6% Split. Had I taken more time I would have chosen at least 10% Split but it did do very well none the less. Actually... If you watch very closely and keep count of the Hell Golems you will notice that one of the Hell Golems had Split into 3. Not bad!

For those not familiar, the reason for doing this is that this is an exceptional way to "power level" or in other words level up your character very fast. A single Sakara Demon will give a very large amount of experience. So the more the merrier I say!

Applying the idea to all Character types:

• Use a very low level Area of Effect(area of effect) CA. Spam the CA to cover a large area and have enemies run through it, causing them to split. It's important that the CA you use will not kill.
  • Spam it on horseback. Many Combat Arts will cast faster on horseback. You can cast and move at the same time this way.
  • Use a very fast horse like the one you can easily buy in Mascarell and buy a saddle that adds much more speed.
  • Have at least 10% Split
  • If you have or can have Open Wounds then by all means use it. In my experience it causes enemies to split very quickly and easily!
  • If possible use a rapid fire macro
  • Have a powerful CA prepared for when you are ready to kill everything

Good game and Happy splitting!

Personal Notes:

BM-RoI*

seraphim-CL

Glad-MH&HC

DE-PM*

Vamp-BK

WE-PT

Daemon-AC or FW

Dwarf-FT

wooo wicked Video Schot! eek I am suprised to having inspired anything hehe it was around 4.30 am:) :D but split in that area is a must for lvling fast (imho anyways hehe I love that mod!), your video shows how well it can work too! I'd love for us to meet up and push that split as high as we can and see the results. hehe this is what I love about sacred! there's always a new take on game play and new things to try out :) Thanks Schot...now make more films! *hides*

lol Myles. We're going to need tons of film reels, haha. :)

Oooooh erialc. You just sparked another idea! If we both do this together then I imagine we could each get a split per enemy. Therefore easily triple the amount of enemies. Veeeery interesting! Both of us with at least 10% split and spamming a weak Poison Mist could create some very nice results. Mwahaha. :D

P.s.

After a bit of checking it looks as though some classes will have a harder time than others to follow this. In particular the Dwarf. So I'll be updating the guide to include suggested Combat Arts/strategies for each character class. :P

Good God...lol, Schot this is a fantastic video!... The movie of your DE going around laying all those green puff of gas...:) and getting all that split...brilliant!

heh, it's cool to see your builds spreading into the other character classes now, and the work and organization you've put into this guide is going to help immensely with other peeps that can't find those burning feetsies but still want to replicate the effects.

Great thinking and creativity seems to always find a way to make things happen in this game. Once again you've engineered a way to find another work around to help out the folks...and all of this because of Claire's wishes.

Lucky Claire...and nice thinking on your part Schot.

Now...maybe you can come up with something to help me split money?

:lol:

gogo

Ah, great idea and movie Schot!

The amount of split is about the same as with burning feet. However isn't the lag higher due to the CA animation being more complex as well as due to the monsters receiving multiple hits at once in fast succession?

But even so, if you don't risk you don't win right? :lol:

Looking forward to see videos for the other classes as well. :)

Oh No Schot it looks like you were being evol with out me oh well looks like loads of fun

Awh yah missed it Evil but we certainly made up for the evilness during the last Kamikaze. More than made up for it!

Wow sweet!! But how high is your explosive charge:) That was craziness!

Oh NightWolfe... I'm afraid I can't remember, lol. I'm sure it's under level 30 though. The DE in the video is level 70. Dark Elves are just so overpowered, haha. Lot's of fun!

Good God...lol, Schot this is a fantastic video!... The movie of your DE going around laying all those green puff of gas...:D and getting all that split...brilliant!

heh, it's cool to see your builds spreading into the other character classes now, and the work and organization you've put into this guide is going to help immensely with other peeps that can't find those burning feetsies but still want to replicate the effects.

Great thinking and creativity seems to always find a way to make things happen in this game. Once again you've engineered a way to find another work around to help out the folks...and all of this because of Claire's wishes.

Lucky Claire...and nice thinking on your part Schot.

Now...maybe you can come up with something to help me split money?

:D

gogo

Hehe. Sure was a ton of fun and I think I squeazed out a good 5 lvls just making the video. Took me a few tries to present it just right. Oh and Split money? Oh sure, no problem gogo. Here, pass me a 20 dollar bill. Alright... Now you hold this ten dollar bill. Voila! See how easy that was. :)

Ah, great idea and movie Schot!

The amount of split is about the same as with burning feet. However isn't the lag higher due to the CA animation being more complex as well as due to the monsters receiving multiple hits at once in fast succession?

But even so, if you don't risk you don't win right? ;)

Looking forward to see videos for the other classes as well. :)

Excellent question Indy! I do tend to experience a bit of lag when Poison Mist is spammed but only when I am playing on screen with others. When I am playing solo and spamming Poison Mist have no lag trouble at all and even still, the lag from Poison Mist is always manageable.

Oh and speaking of videos for other classes...

I've updated my first post in this topic and added a video of my BM following the technique.

Until the next video! :)

If we both do this together then I imagine we could each get a split per enemy. Therefore easily triple the amount of enemies.

Too bad every foe can be splitted only ones and I bet you both did it on those videos. Whit 10% split it shold happen allmost everytime you hit whit that type spells/traps. So it wouldn't result any more foes than whit one toon using split.

Still nice videos. That DE's explosion looks cool as it's killing so huge mob in one hit..

Awh nuts, haha. You're absolutely correct Obsession. I thought for sure there was a chance to split an enemy more than once but after testing last night I found that what you said is true. I went into a platinum LAN server with my BM which has 26% split and using a level 6 Ring of Ice I tried to split a Raptor more than once. The Raptor split very easily and quickly once and then I let the resulting 2 Raptors stand in the Ring(s) of Ice for what I believe was about 2 minutes. Sadly, no more split after the initial split. I even went so far as to bring two of my splitting characters on to the same server. First I split a Raptor with my BM and then I brought over my DE to where the Raptor and his split was and tried to split them both with my DE. Alas, no split occurred using my DE. Oh well. It was fun while the dream lasted, lol.

Something good did come of my efforts though. I came to an interesting realization... That split can be seen as a means to cause significant damage to an enemy or mob of enemies... When you split an enemy what happens is that the host of the split will lose half its health and that lost health is given to the split. You could look at this as dealing a severely damaging blow. I'd even go so far as to say that Split can be seen as a weapon of sorts. This is particularly relevant to characters that rely on Area of Effect(area of effect) attacks because split will cut the time it would take your Area of Effect to kill in half. I've often noticed when playing one of my BMs which uses Ring of Ice/Flameskin as his main attack, that he seems to kill a lot easier than I expect. What would typically happen is that I would run into the center of a mob with Flameskin/Burning Bone on, cast Ring of Ice, everything would split immediately, (I'm wearing 26% split), and directly after the huge split everything would explode. Pretty dramatically, haha.

Below I've prepared a short video showing just how significant the amount of health loss is from Split. The video has been slowed down so that it is easier to see how the health drops:

from Brad aka Schot

So there you have it. Although it may seem as though Split can be a bit overwhelming because of the increased number of possible hits you might receive, one can take comfort in the fact that the amount of damage you'll need to dish out has not changed and in cases where a player uses Area of Effect attacks it will actually take less time. :P

Something that just occurred to me now is that Shift Shielding might work brilliantly in a scenario where a player is using an Area of Effect to Split. While splitting you could actually just stand there and Shift Shield yourself. I'll definitely be trying that out! :hugs:

Oh and I totally agree about 10% being enough Obsession. I think that is a perfect minimum and easily attainable at any level.

• 4 years later...