Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Epox, wow! :drinks:

I can't believe how much you did in such short time, lol. Very impressive!

@DreD:

Hey hey Dred. Long time it's been. Hope all is well with you. :o Definitely a good idea to add that info in. Good call. :4rofl:

For myself I've completed all of the set item images and will be working on placing them into the wiki set item sections soon.

Heading out for the evening so catch you all tomorrow!

Epox you're a Bloody machine......

on a side note.. I wanted to discuss a page on the wiki but I didn't have access.. so I'll post it here

on the page character class

section character skills

Every character begins with two Skills, and learns up to six more as they progress. Additional skills are available for "learning" at levels 3, 6, 12, 20, 30 and 50. Skills become available to different character classes at different levels. For every character class, there are skills that will not be available. Each skill supplies differing benefits to the character. Choose wisely, as once chosen, they cannot be un-learned.

should be either sidenoted or otherwise put in a remark that you can also turn of the starting skills and select 2 skills yourself at the beginning of the game. Maybe an extra section about the settings.cfg file:)

Good catch there Dredd. That page is unprotected, anyone should be able to edit it if they're logged in. Please msn me if you're having problems with this. Add the content you want on that page or make a new one as you see fit, though isn't what you wanted to add already there?

"The table below delineates the normal skill availability for all character classes. If you have edited your Configuration File entry for Default Skills, then at level one, you will be able to select any two from the first nine skills listed. (The two bolded here are actually new pages...is that the info you were talking about on the wiki?"

Cheers

:4rofl:

gogo

hehe well when you have Infravirw+ al sites open that ya need its kinda easy to copi and past+ uploadingover 500 pics in less than 45 mins so dread must be right im a machine but an Epoxobot :4rofl:

okay finish Dark elf uni item pic on following pages

armor

sword

blade

okay did like this in the sword and blade section.. all Dark elf weapons that has no "Blade Combat Requirement" is posted under "Swords" and all Dark elf weapons that has "Blade Combat Requirement" is posted under Blades

only thing left to do is to at the template with pros and cons and such

Edited by Epox

just finished Dark Elf Uni Jewellery pic and Dark elf uni secion is 100% done now

Except that it still need thos templates with damage pro cons and such

Edited by Epox

da da da da da da

I can finally announce that I have completed following things

All class uni pic section

BM uni Pic section

De uni pic section

we uni pic section

Vamp uni pic section

Glad uni pic section

seraphim uni pic section

Daemon uni pic section

Dwarf uni pic section

and that folks is = all uni pics in sacred has been wikified :cow_white:

Heya Seductive, great seeing your interested! :)

There's a whole bunch of threads running in the Sacred Wiki section where you can see what kind of stuff's going on...one of the newest projects is the collection of all what the characters say in game:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6215

Also another one is the Silly Message page in the Wiki...

http://darkmatters.org/SacredWiki/index.php5/Silly_Message

if you know where any of those sayings are from, just go in and edit in what you know.

Have fun and welcome to the team!

:bow:

gogo

okay I just added 1 new section under each character in the uni Area called "Special Quest Items"

okay the new section is done

Edited by Epox

I haven't forgotten this project just real life has caught up to me and Vampie this week yeah for us no free time. I am busy trying to get stuff ready for the holidays and she is busy with work and her grandma. If I can find a few moments here and there I will see what I have

I pimped the Daemon Set Sections with a little Picture with the complete Set... completed Taelon's Judgement... and completed the incomplete Tables for set bonuses by difficulty level.

:D

Now I'm gonna do a nice little Picture for the Daemoness on the Character Overview and make, just like Schot tiny little Demonstration Videos for each CA of.. of course.. the Daemoness :4rofl:

After that ... let's see............. dunno yet :)

Coooool! I come back from me weekend away and all this action has gone on. Wow! Really amazing to see all the creativity going in be it mathematics, graphics or well told write ups. Rocking stuff!

Epox, you're a machine!

Vampie, hmmmm. Maybe start with something not to big like reading an article and seeing if it makes sense. Spelling and that kinda stuff? Not the funnest thing to do but it's a nice warmup I think. Also. On the wiki there is a "Help" link to the left which can explain some of the basics of the wiki. :)

Timotheus, much needed info indeed! I just had a look and I must say the default descriptions leaves much to be said. Your addition is an absolute must I would say.

EvilMale. No worries. Whenever you feel like. It's a fun lil thing to do but only if it's fun. :o

TherionX, Nice! Nice nice nice! I couldn't have done the art any better! Loooove those graphics! Oh and looking forward to those vids! :D

As some of you may have noticed I've cut out all of the Set item images for use on the Set Item pages which you can find here:

Sets

Almost got the tamplate box for them complete. :4rofl:

Therion you're too modest!

I'm posting the image of what you've done here

zminoskopieie8.jpg

Nothing short of gorgeous...typical Therion stuff ^^

And Timo, lol...I love the work you've managed to put in as well...VERY useful info all of that...analyses of what stuff does of particular interest to readers...good job there!

And a big thanks to Llama on the work on the patches...beastly job it is...ty!

And Ari, those images you posted for the sets... beautiful!

And Schot's being way too modest as well... I know those images took him almost thirty hours to do...and each one is individually cut out for use anywhere in the wiki by anyone: http://darkmatters.org/SacredWiki/index.php?title=Sets

setpics.jpg

EM and Vampie, a good project for time starved peeps is perhaps making note of what the characters say when they're standing still? We have a thread going on this over here:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=6215

heh, you just have to be patient and wait for em to spit it out!

And a round of sincere appreciation for the many, MANY people who have all managed to squeeze out time for this biggest project ever.

Thank you

:4rofl:

gogo

I can definitely do that one. As of lately its been chaotic around here getting ready to kick our holiday's off right and G.I. cleaning the house for all those pesky family visitors that come over lol. Oh well what can I say I love them but man sometimes I need a break.

I'm acting as a maid, for the most part -- finding orphan pages or dead end pages and cleaning them up by linking. Also finding very similar pages and merging them (one is usually an orphan to boot) - e.g. "Dark elf" vs. "Dark Elf" (yes, that cap E makes a difference everywhere but the initial letter)

Also, we have over 500 "Wanted" pages -- links that have been created but their destination does not yet exist. I've been trying to resolve those to either existing pages, or creating stubs to get them out of the wanted list. I see very many of these are language related pages. Is there any way we can hide those, or are we planning to do a multi-lingual wiki?

Fixing some spelling errors as well.

Gial, every time I see your edits on the wiki I'm always delighted by the fact that you're attacking the wiki from a completely different angle from so many others. The work you've been doing (and thank god you have!) is invaluable. It's the kind of thing that adds "polish" and really ties up the loose ends. It's what helps create the difference between a wiki that is allright and one that could be spectacular.

I'm not sure about us doing a multi lingual wiki...I know that there are chunks of code we can download which will make it multilingual...but with so much work on the plate already it's just something I guess we've never even looked at yet.

:drool:

gogo

Oh boy it sounds like there's a lot of cleaning to do, haha. The language pages you've found gial are a result of an imperfect import of the help pages. Although Mediawiki generously offers there help pages freely to any other wiki it turned out that the process they created for importing is somewhat incomplete... Having a multi lingual wiki is would be very cool but I think we're not ready for that yet. I do very much love the thought of it though. I've been meaning to delete the language box at the bottom of some pages which would probably reduce the number of wanted pages a fair bit. I'll have a look at it. :blush:

I'd like to whole heartedly second what gogo said. The work you are doing is invaluable and seeing what you are doing is totally inspiring and makes the wiki all the more fun to work and play with. :drool:

A Suggestion about the Set Pictures:

Wouldn't it be better to put the Picture on a particular Set Part's Page, than on the Set Main Page?

Just thought so, because I think those Pictures make it quite far to scroll down to the theoretical Stuff on the Set's Main Page :viking:

Schot, please don't kill me for this :unsure: I repair it, if nobody likes that :)

Example: Draelokk's Wings - Draelokk's Glooming Skull

I love it

Entire set pic in entirety on set main page...with the particular set part image on the particular set image page.... nice job Therion. I think the only reason why it wasn't done was cuz we keep getting wrapped up in something else on the wiki :).

Thank you!

:viking:

gogo

I'm not sure about us doing a multi lingual wiki...I know that there are chunks of code we can download which will make it multilingual...but with so much work on the plate already it's just something I guess we've never even looked at yet.

:)

gogo

I wasn't really trying to suggest a multi-lingual wiki -- just that sooo many "Wanted pages" relate to the language and help stuff it is really difficult to see content in need of establishment.

There look to be over 800 pages "wanted", but I would estimate 600 plus are related to help and multi language stuff that just is not there. It would help to be able to toggle it off is all I was hoping for.

Edited by gial

That works for me. :bomb:

*Makes evil plans to destroy TherionX* :viking:

A Suggestion about the Set Pictures:

Wouldn't it be better to put the Picture on a particular Set Part's Page, than on the Set Main Page?

Just thought so, because I think those Pictures make it quite far to scroll down to the theoretical Stuff on the Set's Main Page :bomb:

Schot, please don't kill me for this :bomb: I repair it, if nobody likes that :)

Example: Draelokk's Wings - Draelokk's Glooming Skull

@gial:

I've started to delete the cause for these extra language wanted pages. I'm sure to find a shortcut to do it all in shot. I hope!

Ok I'm going to be making some sub cateogrys, if this is ok, to neaten thing up and make each creature easier to find in each category, to do this you simply make a category and put it in a category. Will this be ok with everyone, I plan to start on the Enemies of Ancaria. I already made a "Dragons" Sub-category if you want to see what I mean..

:pitcher:

~Doom