Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

We have to be careful where the Cm patch has either added or fixed quests. The majority of players probably do not have the CM patch so we need to have relevant info for them when they visit the wiki. I think we need to do the quests 'as is' without the the CM patch first and then go back and add any changes the patch made in the Notes on the bottom of the quest page. For new CM only quests I'll need to speak with gogo and Schot and come up with a way (new section?) we can present the new content that will not be confusing for players both new and old.

The 'Cm guys' have done some incredible work and would love to see their contributions make it into the wiki. Just need to make it clear and concise for all the peeps who visit the wiki. As normal, tough questions/solutions I leave to gogo and Schot ( I just love being the middle man lol)

Sounds like a good plan Silver. I plan to tackle proof reading all the places pages as soon as I am done adding the info I have on the employees in the Epic Office Quest. It will take you awhile with all those quests but then so will me tackling all the places.

Ysne, please understand that I'm still working on the Places section. I plan on re-visiting several pages. For example the Twainbrook Cemetery still needs pics (I got them just need to upload them). At this point seeing how the project is not near to being complete,( I still have probably another month worth of work) I humbly ask that no changes be made to the pages yet. If you see any errors please let me know, but at this time I ask that you let me make the changes. Once I'm done I have no probs if you or any other member would like to go thru and verify my work.

Well, as I've already told you, my suggestion about CM quests is a separate section for a new quests (like a section that was done for Ice and Blood quests before), and mentioning in Notes part for a changed behaviors. By the way, some quests behave differently in different versions of Sacred too. For example the mentioned 'Bandits' quest behaves the same in 2.40 and in the last CM, yet is bugged in the original Ice and Blood.

But after all, that won't be a big problem, since CM team can be found at the same forum. If I have some question about CM changes, I'd just ask marcuswob about them. I hope he won't mind answering (and won't get angry at me for constantly bugging him).

@ Ysne58:

I would be happy if somebody would proof-read the pages. I think, I'll focus on finding pages that are missing some information, yet somebody would still have to proof-read for all the typos and grammar mistakes and broken links and other stuff. After all, english is a second language for me, and I would be happy if somebody could check my writing for all the possible mistakes. Not to mention that working together with others always feels better than working on things all alone.

@ Knuckles: Let me know when you have Tyr-Lysia finished up. I plan on starting with the beginning areas and Sloeford if you are not planning any changes to those areas.

@ Silver_fox: I will be happy to proof your work. I find that proofing my own work is very difficult so I'm always happy to have someone double check mine. Will you be using a light path or shadow path character to check this?

I still have 11 employees left to add/or double check. I don't expect to get started until next week.

I wanted to do the Light Campaign first, since I've played it a lot already. So it would take me less time to walk through, since I already know what the quests are all about and how they could behave (which means I won't spent a lot of time reading description and trying to find different ways to solve the quest).

And though I want to start it in the nearest future (what am I doing here now? I'm supposed to be sleeping...), I won't be able to do a lot in one or two days, and later I'd have to disappear for about a week due to a big holidays in my country. My family and friends just won't understand if I would spend these days with my computer.

Np Silver, Family comes first :hugs:

Did have a thought on the quests. I know some have different outcomes depending if you accept or decline at certain spots. The sick man northeast of Twainbrook comes to mind. You can either get the herbs or collect gold IIRC. Letting the guy dies 'fails' the quest. Another one is Orpheus. Would that be something you'd be able to do during the quests? It means a lot more work but maybe if doing in SP and routinely saving before you have to make a choice would work? Just a thought.

Edit: I should read more thoroughly :unsure: Just re-read and saw you're gonna go thru the Main camp 1st. Guess this is food for thought once we get around to the side quests :whistle:

And... dom dom dom .. Dyr Lain is now finally correct. I've manually edit the 78 pages leading to the old name spelling, and after checking, it looks like the links are correct and in place. I've also deleted the old page and then moved the data with it's history into the new page here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Regions_of_Ancaria for Dyr Lain.

As soon as I moisturize my eyeballs I'll have a look at working on the nor plat...or maybe save that for tomorrow

:P

gogo

Looks good gogo :)

And I don't have to ask if we need a page for the Starting Isle now either lol

But should we have one for the Northland/Christmas Island too?

Also I'm looking for a name for the area leading up to and including the Faceletton Cave. It's unnamed right now. Thought it might be considered part of Na'Anthier but it's not.

Looks good gogo :)

And I don't have to ask if we need a page for the Starting Isle now either lol

But should we have one for the Northland/Christmas Island too?

You know me, I'm a sucker for images to tell a better tale. As far as I'm concerned, if there is enough interest and time, every element in the game can ultimately be documented. The level of detail, is solely up to what we feel like doing. If you're up for getting more images, it's only for the better.

I say yay

Also I'm looking for a name for the area leading up to and including the Faceletton Cave. It's unnamed right now. Thought it might be considered part of Na'Anthier but it's not.

hmm... probably best to use the name closest to the level of granularity we are looking at (like the closest area name I guess that a player would recognize) then add the word path or something like that to it?

:)

gogo

Sure, why not lol what's a couple more pages :D

The closest named areas are Eloeth-sun to the east and Na'Anthier to the south but neither brings the Faceletton area to mind. And neither are along the main path to this area. Might just go boring and call it the 'Faceletton Area' just to avoid any possible confusion. That is unless someone has a better name for the place :D

I happened to notice something this afternoon... Ice and Blood's been out now for a couple of years - and no one's updated the Achievements page to include the Dragon Mage and his level 15 achievement.

Compare that with this:

post-14586-0-81026200-1293590750_thumb.jpg

Note the extra icon to the right of the Seraphim in the 2nd row in the middle. And the new description - Master of Flames - on the right hand side of the page at the bottom.

Knuckles just saw your edit to this page here:

Slain Anthaigh

That's one of the few places in Ancaria that gives me the creeps. Super tough enemies there, and it seems like no matter what I bring in, there's always trouble. Course...an actual Legendary did drop for me from those Dryads once ^^

gogo

Are you able to update it Wolfie, or is this something we have to wait for Schot to do with coding?

gogo

I can update the left hand column, I think, the icon for the Master of Flames is the same one as the Reputable icon (level 5 achievement). (Lazy developers!) The code seems easy enough to copy/paste/modify.

But I can't do much about the pic on the right. I'm still on Silver - I only managed to get to Gold by way of loading a single player game in multiplayer and having it above level 60. And since I don't do the multiplayer online thing, some of the achievments aren't going to happen anytime soon. Might need someone else to contribute a screenshot of the right side pic where all the gaps are filled in.

Np Silver, Family comes first :hugs:

Did have a thought on the quests. I know some have different outcomes depending if you accept or decline at certain spots. The sick man northeast of Twainbrook comes to mind. You can either get the herbs or collect gold IIRC. Letting the guy dies 'fails' the quest. Another one is Orpheus. Would that be something you'd be able to do during the quests? It means a lot more work but maybe if doing in SP and routinely saving before you have to make a choice would work? Just a thought.

Edit: I should read more thoroughly :unsure: Just re-read and saw you're gonna go thru the Main camp 1st. Guess this is food for thought once we get around to the side quests :whistle:

Oh, my... I totally shouldn't write things when my head is about to hit a keyboard.

I'd like to correct that post from yesterday to make it more clear. I'm not going to rush through the campaign, but to complete all the elven quests first. Actually I just wanted to answer Ysne, who asked me which quests I'd gonna check. But since I was tired the outcome became quite confusing.

As for your first thought, that's exactly what I was going to do from the beginning. Though some of the solving ways may be not all that clear. But I'll try to look for them anyway.

One more fact was completely unexpected. Looks like my relatives want me to help them with New Year party preparations (though there are still few more days to go, they want to start now), so if I got to play the game today I won't be able to solve a lot of quests. So most likely, I would only be able to do some proof reading for now. After all the first quests are quite well described. Let's see what I'd be able to do.

Well, maybe I won't be all that useless. Just looked at a few pages about the first quests in wiki and found out that:

1. All the pages have different amount of screenshots and the screenshoted things are different. Like some quests show the quest person near the quest title, some others show the map, and others show nothing at all. I think I'm going to update them all with shot of a quest-giver + shot of a map with quest-giver's location. Hope that would do. Also I wanted to ask, whether or not it would be useful to include a starting dialog screenshot to the description. I remember seeng that done for some quests. I just thought that it would look better if all the quest description would include the same points.

2. Looks like the description of the simple Books, Cows and Virgins quest is quite a nonscence. The quest log says entirely different thing after all. I'm going to correct it a bit later today, when I got the screenshots to add.

Edited by Silver_fox

It's me again. I just wanted to ask, if you would mind editing the quest template. Maybe we should specify what pictures should be placed in the desctiption and where they should be.

And looks like most of the quest NPCs lack description as well. I think it won't be hard for me to take a pictures of them as well.

But my first task is to wait for all the patches to download. By the way, wiki seems to be the most reliable Sacred 2 patch source in the Internet! My bad I noticed it too late (downloading a complete 2.40 patch for three times is not funny).

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that the tutorial quest Michel, the Blacksmith's Apprentice has an inside easter-egg? It has just too much similarities with the Sacred 1 quest Where is the Blacksmith. Both are lokated in the first city on your way, both are about the Blacksmith called Michel and both reward you with a forgeable sword. If you agree with the fact of a possible reference, I'd include it in the notes.

Edited by Silver_fox

By the way, am I the only one who thinks that the tutorial quest Michel, the Blacksmith's Apprentice has an inside easter-egg? It has just too much similarities with the Sacred 1 quest Where is the Blacksmith. Both are lokated in the first city on your way, both are about the Blacksmith called Michel and both reward you with a forgeable sword. If you agree with the fact of a possible reference, I'd include it in the notes.

I had noticed that. Go ahead and include it in the notes. I still haven't heard from Knuckles and when I can start going through all the places pages. That is going to be time consuming. I still have a few employees to go through in the epic office quest.

Oh, my... I totally shouldn't write things when my head is about to hit a keyboard.

I'd like to correct that post from yesterday to make it more clear. I'm not going to rush through the campaign, but to complete all the elven quests first. Actually I just wanted to answer Ysne, who asked me which quests I'd gonna check. But since I was tired the outcome became quite confusing.

As for your first thought, that's exactly what I was going to do from the beginning. Though some of the solving ways may be not all that clear. But I'll try to look for them anyway.

One more fact was completely unexpected. Looks like my relatives want me to help them with New Year party preparations (though there are still few more days to go, they want to start now), so if I got to play the game today I won't be able to solve a lot of quests. So most likely, I would only be able to do some proof reading for now. After all the first quests are quite well described. Let's see what I'd be able to do.

Well, maybe I won't be all that useless. Just looked at a few pages about the first quests in wiki and found out that:

1. All the pages have different amount of screenshots and the screenshoted things are different. Like some quests show the quest person near the quest title, some others show the map, and others show nothing at all. I think I'm going to update them all with shot of a quest-giver + shot of a map with quest-giver's location. Hope that would do. Also I wanted to ask, whether or not it would be useful to include a starting dialog screenshot to the description. I remember seeng that done for some quests. I just thought that it would look better if all the quest description would include the same points.

2. Looks like the description of the simple Books, Cows and Virgins quest is quite a nonscence. The quest log says entirely different thing after all. I'm going to correct it a bit later today, when I got the screenshots to add.

It's me again. I just wanted to ask, if you would mind editing the quest template. Maybe we should specify what pictures should be placed in the desctiption and where they should be.

And looks like most of the quest NPCs lack description as well. I think it won't be hard for me to take a pictures of them as well.

But my first task is to wait for all the patches to download. By the way, wiki seems to be the most reliable Sacred 2 patch source in the Internet! My bad I noticed it too late (downloading a complete 2.40 patch for three times is not funny).

Silver, I'm not sure about true templates for including pix in quest writeups. We left it purposefully open to as to foster some creativity regarding eveyrone's own version or "tack" on events in Ancaria. You can have a look at the older work of what others have done to see how they have laid out their work. I know for the quest template as is, there is need to fill in pic top right...but everything els is pretty much up to prerogative of Quest Writers?

For NPC templates, we can have a look at that cuz I was very interested in just being able to add pix for all the npc's everywhere... is there really no template that is currently being used? I know that Zeno did a lot of templating back when...maybe if we have a look at what's been done previously we can get a good guide on where to go for this...or perhaps grandmaster knuckles with images can see about one that he thinks would be "complete" or if we can track down Schot...

gogo

It would be good if we could standardize the Quest Page Layouts. I haven't really looked at them to see how they have been done up to this point. I'm not sure if you've been to this page yet (Quest Page Template) but I'll mention it so everyone reading is looking at the same thing. Will this template work for what you need? There is also a template for chain quests and one for NPC's. I guess we need to figure out if these work for what we need before going too far.

Maybe we could work together on one of the early quests like Michael, the Blacksmith's Apprentice and work out any kinks found with the template. Once we're (mostly you :) ) are happy with the set-up I can have Schot incorporate any changes into the Template. That way it's a simple click to insert template for each quest. I would like to standardize the pics size and thumbnail size too. The more we can standardize, the easier it will be for players to navigate and understand the quest pages.

Also I think we need to figure out what we want for info on NPC pages (again I haven't really looked at them yet). If I can ever figure out how to get MSN to work on a 64 bit XP pc maybe we could set up a time to discuss all this in 'real' time.

@Ysne, A lot of the Thylysium area was done before I took over doing the Places Section. I've never really proofread the section as I was concentrating on getting the pics done. So this area definitely need proof-reading. In the pages I've done I've only added a short write-up for the description so if you could expand and add some depth there it would really help out. I know I have to format/add pics to Twainbrook Cemetery but the rest are basically done ( I think). So you got the 'green light' for the Thylysium section :D

@Ysne, A lot of the Thylysium area was done before I took over doing the Places Section. I've never really proofread the section as I was concentrating on getting the pics done. So this area definitely need proof-reading. In the pages I've done I've only added a short write-up for the description so if you could expand and add some depth there it would really help out. I know I have to format/add pics to Twainbrook Cemetery but the rest are basically done ( I think). So you got the 'green light' for the Thylysium section :D

Thanks Knuckles.

What I plan to do is start up two high elves, one Shadow and one Light and test in game as I go through to make sure places info is accurate. This includes making sure that the sides quests that are different in shadow and light paths are properly documented.

I have eight employees left to go. We figured out the correct quest name when I was in Dyr-Laigh. I have made sure that all employees have the correct quest name listed.

Of course I've already took a look at official quest template. I usually don't the things I without trying to find them out myself. What I'm talking about is the fact that this template is quite general. Sometimes it's a good thing to allow writers some liberties, but in our case it results in completely different layouts for different quests. Some people decide that a pic on the right is supposed to be a quest-giver's portrait, or quest-giver's location, or quest-solving map etc. Some people do include quest dialogs while others don't. It became quite a mess. That's why I asked for a more detailed template.

The quests are another area where more info is needed. I was taking pics in MP so I know a lot of SP only quests were missed (and any and all Dark ones). Most of the links you'll create for Quest NPC's will be red. That's another area that needs some TLC. A lot of the pages have the Epic Office Quest listed as the 'Something Wonderful' quest. Since it was already there and in the template I never thought to ask or change it, so there's another thing that needs fxing

p.s. it's really cool to see all the new work done or starting to be done. A big thank you to wolfie, Ysne and Silver_fox. I really apprecaite all the help and feedback :thumbsup:

Of course I've already took a look at official quest template. I usually don't the things I without trying to find them out myself. What I'm talking about is the fact that this template is quite general. Sometimes it's a good thing to allow writers some liberties, but in our case it results in completely different layouts for different quests. Some people decide that a pic on the right is supposed to be a quest-giver's portrait, or quest-giver's location, or quest-solving map etc. Some people do include quest dialogs while others don't. It became quite a mess. That's why I asked for a more detailed template.

It's probably happened peeps have begun taking extra liberties with the template, and they would remain unreconciled until someone who had time could again revisit the work

alas

:(

However...if we were to begin anew, Silver, by looking at the official quest template, which was put together by Schot... is it asking for specific enough information that someone who is just starting to filling quests with can make something which looks standard and complete?

I understand that perhaps some other contributors of the years have been swaying from the line...but as a template on it's own, if it were to be something that we would absolutely follow , is it specific enough? Can you make suggestions on what to improve on the template, or have ideas on how we can improve it?

And...I am with Knuckles here on the hearty welcome to this Wiki Team!

:bounce:

gogo

I need to add a word about directions. The only time words such as east, south, west, north etc. are capitalized are when they begin a sentence or are part of a name. I have been trying to correct that as I go through and see those words capitalized when they should not be.

I am trying to switch out the Something Wonderful for Epic Office Quest when I see it Knuckles. It took me awhile when I was going through to catch that there were two different names used. All the employees will have the correct quest name when I am done in a day or two with that. I intend to fix that as I go through the places.

I have not tried taking screen shots in Sacred 2 since I got the CM patch installed. I will do that before I start my work with places and see if I can manage that for anything new. If I have a problem I will ask for help to figure it out.