Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Unrelated to wiki but related to the topic. Is that Northland quest taking place on the Christmas Island? I've read a lot of the Christmas quest but could never find it. However seeing screenshots it appears to be the island the Northland Expedition goes to.

They do take place on the same island. The Christmas Island one was put in and then taken out. The CM Patch has added it back in, which I think is great.

They do take place on the same island.

Hey guys!

Cathy can you explain this to me a bit please? Does this mean that two different quest givers exist on CM Patch...and depending on which of those two you travel in boat from, it spawns an island each with their own quests that shares the same place on the map ... North and Chrismas?

:)

gogo

The Christmas and Northland quests share the same map. The quest givers really exist at the same time - you can accept the quests at the same time and even do them together. Much like all the other quests (after all there is insane amount of quests that take place in Thylysium and they don't confront with each other). As for the island - its map was originally the same for both quests (it was located in the same place of the world map and so on), the only thing that varied were the decorations. In CM the island itself looks like it looked in the Christmas version. Yes, it's a bit funny to do a Northland quest in a place that is decorated for a Christmas party, but that's not a big price to pay for having two interesting quests instead of one.

The Christmas and Northland quests share the same map. The quest givers really exist at the same time - you can accept the quests at the same time and even do them together. Much like all the other quests (after all there is insane amount of quests that take place in Thylysium and they don't confront with each other). As for the island - its map was originally the same for both quests (it was located in the same place of the world map and so on), the only thing that varied were the decorations. In CM the island itself looks like it looked in the Christmas version. Yes, it's a bit funny to do a Northland quest in a place that is decorated for a Christmas party, but that's not a big price to pay for having two interesting quests instead of one.

Thanks Silver, that finally explains things out well. And this weekend I'm going to give a little more love to Item Modifiers again, Cleaned up Shield Regeneration and Speed, looking to bring in their equipment lists as soon as Speed's definition is done

gogo

I'm sorry for being inactive. I just had a lot of work in real life (one of my colleagues is on vacation, so I have to deal with his tasks as well as my own). But now most of the current tasks are solved, so I can do something for the wiki. My currently planned projects are CM-related: I plan to make pages for the rest of Mutation Sets (czevak made a new test version of the patch recently, so I can picture a fixed version of SW's set and set bonuses), also Cut Off quest (I have all the pics prepared already, I just need more time to write proper text and to make the page) and Faust chain (pictures are captured, but not yet processed). I think that would keep me busy for some time.

Silver, hey, take your time and no worries if yer away. We've all been at this for years now, lol..it's a relax project, and every once in a while the fresh air does us good. That Faust chain and SW set sound good. As always, I'll be looking forward to your publishing.

gogo

I am currently questing with two characters. My HE is in the Swamp working on the Light class quest. My Seraphim is working on making the Blood Forest all blue.

My Seraphim is working on making the Blood Forest all blue.

Lujate ,that's awesome to hear!. The last person we had working on those Quests was Podgie. I was hoping there would be interest in those quests again, hopefully giving us a good blue in that section as well. This makes me wonder actually how many quests are left to fill in. Maybe I'll count 'em up for us later on to get a number.

gogo

I just finished putting in the item Modifiers into the remaining Set Items

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Armaments_of_the_nine_hells

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Virtues_of_the_Seraphim

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Sopor_Aethernis

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Centurio%27s_Insignia

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Kanka%27s_Relics

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Sacred_2:Pandamonium%27s_Pride

I've copied Item modifiers into each of the set pieces page so that they link correctly to the item modifiers page. I may continue tonight or do it tommororw and will continue to bring in pieces into the item modifier page as well.

gogo

I'm sorry my initial enthusiasm on the books is faltering, but lately the weather outside is good, so I spend less time behind and my comp and when I do I want to take care of other things first. But rest assured, the red links I made will become blue some day, there's bound to be a rainy day sometime (at least I hope).

Hey, no worries Fogelje. Outside nice weather's been drawing me out too as well. Wiki really does slow down a bit around summer time, it's good vacation for everyone

gogo

I finally did something on the wiki! I'm quite happy to be back to this activity. I made a page for SW's mutation set - Tallin's Garments of Mutation and finally revised CM uniques and legendaries. Gogo already noticed a new page for Tiddlywink (That's one funny name! Its german name is 'Schniepelwutz'. I wonder what it means...) There is also a new page for the Bugslayer and some new pics for other things.

Looks like I'm more into mindless Photoshop work than into writing texts now (still have a lot of tasks at work). So I'll make the rest of mutation sets before creating quest pages. I think the next one to get the page would be Inquisitor.

It is also very nice to see all the new thing that appeared on the wiki recently. Thanks to lujate the quests guides for the most valuable quests are provided to everybody who wants to find them (don't worry, lujate, your writing is good enough for this job). Knuckles' armor pages are the real eyecandy (I always keep on waiting to see more of them. Really). And gogo does a lot of very useful but not very obvious work (come to think of it, it may be sad to do a giant amount of work with all the links and info and never get as much praise as the guys who do new pages). Thank you for providing me with new stuff to check.

hah, Silver I'm just happy to see you back in Wikidom! And yeah it feels good being appreciated, thank you for the words, I feel energized for another day of itty bitties things on the wiki. As everyone's probably noticed lately, there's been a lot of people all putting in effort in different parts of the wiki, and it always feels great when the community's here together doing what they can to at least get baseline info for the fans.

gogo

Cathy, really? I was always thinking that Oblivion was pretty much the most in depth thing out there. In fact, a lot of the methods we used here when setting up SacredWiki a few years back was done when we were out scouting wiki's all over the world to see what we could learn from them. Right off the bat, GuildWiki was stood out, but when we met up with Obvlivion Wiki we just about melted in Awe.

Yes, a lot of it's technology is old school, but it has so much content. We wanted our wiki to try and be as informative as that huge work.

gogo

I think it's a close second at this point. But that is just me. I do admit that I am biased.

I did add a couple more links to the Light Campaign Synopsis just now. When I checked for the link to the southern logging camp aka Brigand Camp, I discovered that the link on the quest page for the Seraph actually went to the northern camp. It is fixed on that page now and I suspect I'm the one that linked it up wrong in the first place. I also removed some of the extra linking that I had originally added to that page.

That page needs more attention. I will try to get back to it later today.

Edited by Ysne58

Good catch Cathy. And... zomgod, lol...did you guys see what Fogeltje's added to the Wiki? :o lol...he's just about finished putting all the books in form Sacred! ;bounce: How was this done so quickly? Lol, I was at work all day, and didn't have time to check in on Wiki as I usually do...when I did get my first glimpse at it late this afternoon, all the books were in place, pages written up, ink dried! Fogeltje, are you a speed demon with the typing or is that OCR going on?

Beautiful work!

gogo

hey guys!

Me and Schot are blowing up things in the old Sacred Wiki and having to rebuild them into new namespaces...leftover crappa lappa from the old days...nothing to worry about ^^

:bomb:

gogo

Good catch Cathy. And... zomgod, lol...did you guys see what Fogeltje's added to the Wiki? :o lol...he's just about finished putting all the books in form Sacred! ;bounce: How was this done so quickly? Lol, I was at work all day, and didn't have time to check in on Wiki as I usually do...when I did get my first glimpse at it late this afternoon, all the books were in place, pages written up, ink dried! Fogeltje, are you a speed demon with the typing or is that OCR going on?

Probably a copy & paste from pre-existing files.

We're going to be doing name space changes during today. It's a part of the "Show love to Wiki 1!" time ^^ When starting up the wiki a few years ago, we had originally put ( as most peeps do) all the info in the main name space... in fact we were thinking we didn't need different name spaces...until we realized that we needed another sectioning off for Sacred 2..and then we discovered the Oblviion Wiki. One of the reasons we love them so much is because they have multiple releases as well, and we loved their idea for using the name spaces per release, and not using main. Course this meant a huge move out, and we've never really had the time to make all the thousands of corrections. We're slowly trying to do it now, moving all entries from main to Sacred: name space.

If anyone's bored...

:whistle:

gogo

We're going to be doing name space changes during today. It's a part of the "Show love to Wiki 1!" time ^^ When starting up the wiki a few years ago, we had originally put ( as most peeps do) all the info in the main name space... in fact we were thinking we didn't need different name spaces...until we realized that we needed another sectioning off for Sacred 2..and then we discovered the Oblviion Wiki. One of the reasons we love them so much is because they have multiple releases as well, and we loved their idea for using the name spaces per release, and not using main. Course this meant a huge move out, and we've never really had the time to make all the thousands of corrections. We're slowly trying to do it now, moving all entries from main to Sacred: name space.

If anyone's bored...

:whistle:

gogo

I'm not entirely sure what you are asking for here. If I can help I'll be happy to do so but I need to know exactly what, step by step you would need.

I did do an edit of the Seraph's introductory quest page. I'm not the one who got that Brigand camp link mixed up, I don't have the computer skills to set that link up the way it was set up. I'm sure I have made plenty of mistakes though, I certainly catch plenty of mine when I go back over stuff.

I finally figured out how to capture screen shots of logs, thanks to one of Wolfie's posts. I typed the log for that quest in. As I have time I will add other logs.

I finally figured out how to capture screen shots of logs, thanks to one of Wolfie's posts. I typed the log for that quest in. As I have time I will add other logs.

Cathy, this is amazing work! There are far fewer quests left in the game for documenting than were before. Even just putting in pix of the logs is great! You are actually adding a kind of run through to the quest based directly from the game. If there was only one thing we could add, pix of the log boox would be it. Keep going!

:bounce:

gogo

I was away due to some troubles with my Internet provider. I returned to the board today and noticed that the new CM happened. So I put its info on the wiki, since czevak still has troubles with accessing it. There is not a lot of new stuff in v120 - this version contains more fixes than features. But there is one thing I wanted to ask about - new CM changes all Books of Religion (we wanted to make the descriptions of the Gods and their followers closer to their actual in-game appearances). Now I wonder what is the best way to put these texts on the wiki. I can either add CM version to the existing pages for the books or create separate pages and list them in the CM book section (and link them to the old versions of course). Also, I have all texts for these books already, so there is no need to type them.

• The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates