Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I just looked at the legend of Kal'dur. It's name is listed in the Vanilla section of Sacred 2, and the link takes us to a new page, this was the only cm patch book listed in Wiki. Could the same thing done here also be done for the new book entries that you have?

:)

gogo

Well, I wasn't planning to do a new listing anyway. The only trouble is that they are not a new books, but an edit (and in game replacement) of canonical ones. So the pages of the original books are there already. But what's the best way to handle CM changes?

hmm, I see, it's actually just an edit... I'm not home right now, but will look at this with Schot to see how just "changes" to canon should be handled. What do you think about creating a new page stemming form the old canon page...the new one with the edits... think that will look okay?

gogo

I think it'd be OK either, but I'll wait for your final decision. CM versions have a bit different text formatting and some pieces were rewritten to match in-game God statues and priest NPCs.

Edited by Silver_fox

I just wrote up the Ice and Blood quest, "Holidays at lake Adder" using the link off the Ice and Blood quests page. I discovered afterwards the link was wrong. It capitalized the word "lake". Other wiki references use the correct capitalization, so they still show the quest as a red link. What is the best way to fix this?

If the word 'lake' is not capitalized in-game then we need to go with that spelling. All you need to do is create another page with the correct spelling and copy/paste all your info over from existing page to this one. Once that's done just pm Schot or gogo or post in this thread the link to the old/obsolete page and they'll delete it.

If the word 'lake' is not capitalized in-game then we need to go with that spelling. All you need to do is create another page with the correct spelling and copy/paste all your info over from existing page to this one. Once that's done just pm Schot or gogo or post in this thread the link to the old/obsolete page and they'll delete it.

Too easy!

Thanks

It is nice to see all the progress that keeps this wiki going. I'm still doing testing on various Oblivion mods but will get back to Sacred at some point.

Look at the attached image at this post in german sacred2 forum and tell me that you are not going to download CM-patch and hunt for yellow dryad heads right away to play a voodoo:

http://forum.sacred2.de/showpost.php?p=990683&postcount=218

Shrunken heads thread

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13929

List of new heads in CM-patch

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13929&view=findpost&p=6876574

Some more heads to test the head hunting abilities of our Waffenmasterin.

I made the pages for the new Books of Religion and linked them to the old ones. Some of them have changed more than the others, but I think that for some readers it may be interesting to compare the versions.

It is nice to see all the progress that keeps this wiki going. I'm still doing testing on various Oblivion mods but will get back to Sacred at some point.

muhahah, I think I have a cool project you may like, it's pretty big, but not overwhelming all at once, I'll put together a pm for you today

Look at the attached image at this post in german sacred2 forum and tell me that you are not going to download CM-patch and hunt for yellow dryad heads right away to play a voodoo:

http://forum.sacred2...3&postcount=218

Shrunken heads thread

http://darkmatters.o...showtopic=13929

List of new heads in CM-patch

http://darkmatters.o...dpost&p=6876574

Some more heads to test the head hunting abilities of our Waffenmasterin.

eek! lol Chattius, guess this is all the stuff that has to be put into the Wiki? heh, yay fun weekend :P

I made the pages for the new Books of Religion and linked them to the old ones. Some of them have changed more than the others, but I think that for some readers it may be interesting to compare the versions.

Silver, the way you did this is great! I like the way you provide both texts so that the readers can compare.

gogo

In Shrunken_Head are pictures for the different pets for Shrunken_Head. There was a yellow dryad(introduced by CM-patch) pet picture in GSF:

Dry2.jpg

I will need some time to get the new CM-patch heads myself: first I need stuff for the Waffenmeisterin to optimize her for headhunting, then I want to try out headhunting using single-target modded disease, and then I have to find the beasts dropping the heads. So probably rather a weekend after mother's day.

Edited by chattius

By the way, the info about the boss that drops the yellow human head is a bit old. It seems to be written before The Impostor quest was implemented. As far as I know, both bosses from this quest (Failitia and Asmarael) can drop this head type, so it doesn't matter who would be your opponent.

Thanks Silver. I'm one of those who likes to compare differences.

I wonder where they should go. We don't have a general CM items page and put just 'Shrunken Heads' may seem strange next to the legendaries and uniques. But they really should be mentioned somehow. Because it was one of the first CM changes: all the shrunken heads can drop in game. Also, I remember the following changes: 'Implemented Fistweapons, Throwing Potions and Recurve Bows' and 'Introduced some new Maces' (both from the v90 log). That means that we may need a general CM items page that would reference all the new items that aren't legendaries nor uniques. I remember talking with Knuckles about creating a weapon pages for the new CM weapons, but he finished his weapon project and is busy with armour now, so CM stuff should wait for some time.

Then how bout a note then just in the shrunken heads page? Would you be able to do that if you have time? We wouldn't have to document anything, just write in the changes, and this could hold us over till a better day for us to actually make pages.

gogo

There are many things that can be done with this page. Even some base game heads are still missing there. By the way, it is possible to get the exact stats of the summoned companions in PvP mode (they show in the last opponent window). Maybe I'll take care of it later, since I've got two machines that run Sacred. But if any of you can take screens of the companions and their stats online, than you could go ahead. I don't have a lot of free time nowadays and still have some other wiki projects to work on. I'll add the basic info on the Shrunken Heads page later today, when I return home, but the details would have to wait a bit.

ok so im working on the inquisitor's t energy set(abereth's) page at the moment

but im havin trouble with the images can anyone help me with this so I can

get it completed please

ok so im working on the inquisitor's t energy set(abereth's) page at the moment

but im havin trouble with the images can anyone help me with this so I can

get it completed please

I am sure someone will be able to help, we have some very knowledge graphics people here (that does not include me). Can you be more specific about the problems you are having?

I'm sorry, guys. I promised you to do a lot of things, but I was really busy at home during the last two days. I still remember all the projects I had in mind and still plan to finish them. But could you please tell me what's gong on with the Inquisitor's set right now. I was planning to do it and took the screens but never had time to process the images. So I need to know whether I should continue with them or you've done them already.

I *finally* put new info about the Shrunken Heads to the wiki (sorry for delay). I added all the info from the respective thread on DM and a bit of stuff that I found on other forums, but the page is still looking empty and needs more work. Also added a couple of pics, but that definitely isn't enough.

I wonder what I should do next. Since Munera seems to work on the Inquisitor's set, I'll do TG's one.

Nice work Silver on the Shrunken Heads! We have good work coming from all sides now. Knuckles is bringing the armor collection into home stretch for Sacred 2... massive project that^^ with me adding links to other probable choices for readers to send them to other interests in the wiki.

And Lujate powering through quests one after another:

• Break the Spell of Protection
  • Scouts
  • Brains of the Fallen

Thanks everyone for the resolution on this, the number of quests left diminishes every day!

gpgp

It's really nice to check the recent changes and to find all pages every day, so I wanted to say 'Thank You' to everybody who works on the wiki now.

As for me, the Mutation Sets are finally done. But I noticed that there are few more things to do with the set items - DM's Christmas set is still missing and it'd be nice to have a new render of Sopor Aethernis that got new textures in v120. So my next project would be either writing the quest page for Cut Off or working with the sets (if I won't be in the mood for writing tomorrow).

Speaking of the sets, I find it a bit strange that the link that says 'Armor' on the main page points to the Set Items page even though Knuckles' armor skins section appears to be more suitable for this name. At the same time the link that says 'Weapons' points to the general Items page where all the things are listed (it's a bit surprising to follow the link to the Weapons and see a list that includes armor, shrunken heads and other stuff).

Edited by Silver_fox
  • The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates