Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

I just translated content of Ice & Blood
Could someone please have an eye on it? I think that some informations are incorrect as for the imp carrier and there are much, much more features than listed. I'm gooing to sleep now :) @3am

€dit: Holy Hannah! is wrong with the editor? cant add links in my post anymore -.-

Edited by Sneak0r

Alright the Mounts Page has been updated with the new pictures and....I'm kind of split 50/50 on whether they looked better before with the frames and backgrounds. Draconicon definitely looks better now since the pic is much higher resolution, but overall are they better "loose" like that?

Also the horse looks lonely with his old picture. :(

Amaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! Flix you're making good use of those pages which were hanging a little empty for years now. We were wanting to put in same generic info on each one, but understand that on someone's build fantasy, each page can be the tool they need.

Here's something itneresting for those pages... I remember a few years back, I was revamping the sets page, and out of the blue, it came to me that people may choose to build out builds in a way I had never thought before... from Item Modifiers!

So, I went through every single Item modifier from this page here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Item_Modifiers

And then, for example on a page like Attack Speed, I put together a new template and started filling it in like this here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Attack_Speed

After I went through that, I realized how important cross - referencing is...and was thrilled when you mentioned that this is something that all strong wiki's should have.

I then wondered... so if someone wanted to create a build from Item Modifiers... could this kind of philophy be applied to Aspects... can we find links or connections/synergy to put that info into aspects pages?

Like for example, for capricious aspect (Btw just saw your work this morning, Flix, it's amazing, you have given life to page :bounce: )...is there information we could put in, like let's say putting in a sentence like for this aspect, using x skill's lore, player will get an increase in blah blah. Lores and Focuses have hardly been touched upon, but if more info can start coming from aspect pages, perhaps this will be great guide so that players do not have to keep experimenting with adding lores and focuses to Combat arts to find out how, over all it will impact character.

It's the information on creating sucessful synergies that I think I am trying to cover by bringing this up.

Thanks for all the aspect work!

:)

gogo

I know for Voodoo aspect, there are some surprising and potent effects, that can have very good impact on let's say Twisted Torment

• Like! 1

Alright the Mounts Page has been updated with the new pictures and....I'm kind of split 50/50 on whether they looked better before with the frames and backgrounds. Draconicon definitely looks better now since the pic is much higher resolution, but overall are they better "loose" like that?

Also the horse looks lonely with his old picture. :(

heh, we just saw the changes to the mounts page, is it okay to leave the frames then? Me and SChot just saw the frames being taken out, but think they kind of serve as good frontispiece, and in fact, will offer variety to the many thousands of pages of Wiki with same mounts in different looks. Perhaps place Draconian in same kind of frame as others, so that this main mounts page shares same templating?

Great effort and time though Flix, thank you!

gogo

Today my nice, sweet, sexy, incredible looking special mount quest for sacred 2 characters is done :) Ok, here we go:

Dmhorse1.png

Monitorizard.png

Windserpent.png

Shroudspider.png

Tiger.png

Hellhound.png

Mobiculum.png

Now Flix can add them to the Mounts section as well ;) I have already uploaded them to character pages.

Bravo!

Sneak0r they look wonderful!

How long did this take to do, all with photoshop?

Amazing work, Yay, you're on the team!

:bounce:

gogo

Ah, focuses and lores information on the aspects page! Brilliant. Yep, there's a lot that can be done, those aspect pages just needed some love!

About the mounts: I also think I liked the frames better. The only thing about the frames is, it creates a generic blue background behind the pciture that look significantly worse than the old frosted backgrounds. See what I mean? Maybe there's some way to make it look better but I don't know what it is.

Edited by Flix

Is there any way to get the frosted backgrounds back that Knuckles made ? Are you able to revert the images from a past edit? If you try the history page, you can zero into when tyou made teh change and just reverse time it .

gogo

I have no idea about those backgrounds. I thought they were part of the mount image itself. I'll just revert them all back for now. Knuckles' images were high quality (except for Draconicon).

Even so, Sneak0r's new images still get to be viewed on all the character class pages!

Ok Mounts page is reverted, except for Draconicon. I chose the high-res picture over a matching background.

Edited by Flix

It looks good!

This way we get different art work across teh wiki, and is enticing of contributor efforts.

Schot and I were talking some about the aspects pages, you may want to consider "calling" with code data from teh mounts page into the apsect pages for each aspect?

This way, a player, if he is looking to create with only aspect as his baseline will ALSO be told by Wiki that he can get his own aspect!! :dance: which that aspect page can show.

Do you know the code that "calls" from other pages instead of duplicating it? I think Knuckles was using it all over his pages when he was creating some of his sections.

gogo

• Like! 1

Ok there's something I didn't foresee when adding the Community Patch and Christmas sets to these individual pages. They're added to the main set page as well when I did that! Therefore I'm going to undo those changes I made.

Therefore a "complete" list of each character's set items all in one list will exist on each character's page under "equipment." The set pages, I will revert back, so that Christmas and CM Patch are in their own spots. Oops.

EDIT: Yeah as you can see I've learned about "calling code" the hard way with these set pages.

It's not something I've worked with much yet. I'm still learning and I'm somewhat clumsy with the wiki software still.

EDIT2: Alright the set items pages are back to normal, like I never touched them.

The Equipment section on each character page now has links for the following:

1) Link to the main Standard Armor page

2)Link to the Character's Unique Items page

3)Link to the Character's sets on the main Set Items Page, and underneath, a list of all set items, alphabetized, with CM Patch sets separate

Edited by Flix

Ah "calling code" is the the function I mentioned before! I discussed about that with Flix today and about the overall looking of the charakter and set pages as well.

To the unique mount pictures: I was able to gain access to the origin www.sacred2.com page via the waybackmachine (aahh I love it) It takes very long for loading, but all pictures and informations are stil there for us to USE in several languages.
I took all mounts (except the Dragonmage's one) from there. So it took me only few minutes ;)
And here is the BIG question. There are tons of pics over there, that we could use. Since the website is not reachable for years and maybe never get back again.
I want your agreement to use them@gogo or Schot! due to possible copyright violations. I have no idea about that (as gogo knows :))

€dit: And please put the language bar on top of Sacred 2 Fallen Angel! ... hell my links are broken again... the editor does not like me much -.-

Edited by Sneak0r
  • Like! 1

Alright that's pretty great. I see that I can call on an entire page, but can I call on just a section of a page?

For example, check out the Dragon Magic aspect page I've just been working on. I added the skills, mounts, and sets for the aspect.

Now, I thought maybe I would just "call" on the single aspect Draconicon from the page, but when I used the code it copied the entire Draconicon page over. I tried inserting the # symbol that you can use to link to a specific section but that didn't work either.

• Like! 1

Alright that's pretty great. I see that I can call on an entire page, but can I call on just a section of a page?

Ayup!

Just place the code around whichever part of text you want to transmit to another page , and then place the counter code on the target page

Voila!

presto-pixar.jpg

gogo

p.s. if it's still rassling with you, please post and I'll look at the page

Is there some kind of resource with all this information? I'm pretty sure I didn't see that in the Help documents.

Anyway, I don't think I can do it. I don't know how to handle the code on the "base" page. How to get this guy on here? I mean, it's already there, but not with call code. I just copied the code and adjusted it from there.

Also, if I call on a page, can I still adjust things about it? Like if pictures need to be resized?

This will help you as well

If you look at this page here:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Daerwain%27s_Revenge

You'll see that all those images along the right are JUST pix being pulled from their base pages.

Now click edit upon that page

If you go to the bottom of the code, you will see all the distinct call codes for each item that he calls from their respective pages.

Here is an example

{{:Sacred 2:Daerwain's Boots|Daerwain's Boots}}

Now on the base page, the code, he has placed around teh picture... this is useful when there is other writing on the page and all you want is a specific area of a page here, is the other part of the code for daerwain now:

<onlyinclude>
{{S2frame|http://www.sacredwiki.org/images/Sacred_2/sets/Dry/daerwainboots.gif}}
</onlyinclude>

And that's how it's done

Please post if you need more info

gogo

p.s. something that can mess this up however is if there is ALREADY include code on a page....then it can get complicated...we'll figger that out when you get there :lol:

• Like! 1

It may be because I haven't slept in a day, but I can't figure this out. If you can, can you just look at the Dragon Magic aspect page I linked and tell what should be "called on"? I don't see how it could be any simpler that what I already did, but I don't want to penalize the wiki or whatever.

I'm not sure I really even see the point for single images.