Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

if you use more pics like that our wiki could look better and better. This one does not even look like a "classic" wiki.

I'm not sure if we want to have that kind of style...

:eek:

Damn, they look so official.

God, they have everything media-wise. Here I am scrounging around for pics and videos and I could just be downloading it from there? And they have like a hundred new people registering on it every day?

Aw man, look at all that extra stuff they have on their Dragon Mage page!

:nono:

Is Sacred like some kind of giant phenomenon in Italy? Where the hell is everybody to work on ours? WHY DID YOU SHOW ME THIS? XO

Sorry @ gogo

The "english" version for Flix over here :P

As you can see, there is no more content of informations! I only show this site up to gettin some style ideas! not more not less!

Edited by Sneak0r

They have some sacredwiki.it watermarks on some graphics... We can add some for our pics as well?!

I realy hope that my runes post not getting lost for that >.<

the watermark for sacredwiki.org is on all the set item pix that Schot did and pix that Knuckles did, there may be other that have been done by contributors, we're not averse to sacredwiki.org being on pix as watermarx if a contributor so desires.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Daerwain%27s_Revenge sets

:)

gogo

• Like! 1

I think watermarking is a very good idea. I don't have the ability to help with that. I do what I can though. I figure even adding one thing on the wiki every day makes a difference over time.

• Like! 1

water marks are nice but usually I'll only put on something I designed like the standard armor sets....if it's just in-game screenshots I don't bother :)

ah, yes that's it ! The standard armor sets you did, all watermarked!

500px-Dryad-gen1-final.jpg

gogo

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Badawi#Quests_.26_NPC.27s

Quests with Quest givers are now listed and sorted -- not all the involved with characters are listed yet and the quests have not been filled in so all are red linked.

Edit -- I also went back into this page and added a note reflecting general differences between light path and shadow path.

Edited by Ysne58

I got all the NPC quest pages west of Thylysium done for standard quests...was planning on tackling the city today but found some probs in the class chain quests that need attention first.....so it looks like I'm sidetracked for a day or two

• Like! 1

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Badawi#Quests_.26_NPC.27s

Quests with Quest givers are now listed and sorted -- not all the involved with characters are listed yet and the quests have not been filled in so all are red linked.

Edit -- I also went back into this page and added a note reflecting general differences between light path and shadow path.

:thumbsup:

I got all the NPC quest pages west of Thylysium done for standard quests...was planning on tackling the city today but found some probs in the class chain quests that need attention first.....so it looks like I'm sidetracked for a day or two

Nice work. I saw all the work going into Wiki today Robb, quests and npc's, this is so much meat of wiki, and lovely seeing it get accomplished

Hi gang I'm proud to present what I worked on today, not least of all because it was a lot of fun!

Today I made videos and pictures and added them to each individual Dragon Mage CA page. You can browse them all from here. Now the DM's CA pages match the other 6 classes. I also tried to add in as much details as I could on usage, pros/cons, etc.

You may also notice that the DM Combat Arts gained while transformed, formerly red links, have now been given the same treatment.

I only had 2 strange things happen during editing today that I will have to ask about before I finish up this little project: I asked about them in this thread.

Bravo! I just saw the new pix and work you did for DM pages, the work is first class.

Thank you for finding such love for these pages

:dance:

gogo

For all the fantastic looking changes Flix has done, I have a question about using links in the text.
In fact It's a wiki I think we should use as many links at possible like in the wikipedia. As an example: If there is a bunch of text and somehwere is the word Character showing, should we link that word to the character class page? I've made a "hardcore" version of that on here: http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Combat_Art_Modifications/de
Please let my know of how many words/text we should link on pages to other pages.

Edited by Sneak0r

Right now wiki standards is that in text article, and if there are multiple occurences to words that repeat and keep going to same/other page, just one link, the first time you read that word on page, is enough. When we started Wiki we started having multiple links all over for same word over and over, and after a few days, we came up with this guideline after using some of our other references in game wikis we found.

That is to your first question

And anotherquestion you are asking, is, if a word occurs and it happens to be to a page on the Wiki, yes it should be linked to it, create as many links as possible as long as each one is different per page, and each one is "useful" per page, all based upon increasing reader pleasure from uncovering information and ideas.

Third question that you may have asked, but did not know it :devil: is... how about if if there is a word that should/could go perhaps to another page but not the page of that name/title but another one that could give a player bettter experience...

In that case, Please post on forum, and we can look at it. I think a few times it's been done, but the situation is rare, most times we just create a sentence that has that page/word we feel the reader would/could find useful and add it in.

gogo

• Like! 1

Right now wiki standards is that in text article, and if there are multiple occurences to words that repeat and keep going to same/other page, just one link, the first time you read that word on page, is enough. When we started Wiki we started having multiple links all over for same word over and over, and after a few days, we came up with this guideline after using some of our other references in game wikis we found.

And anotherquestion you are asking, is, if a word occurs and it happens to be to a page on the Wiki, yes it should be linked to it, create as many links as possible as long as each one is different per page, and each one is "useful" per page, all based upon increasing reader pleasure from uncovering information and ideas.

Third question that you may have asked, but did not know it :devil: is... how about if if there is a word that should/could go perhaps to another page but not the page of that name/title but another one that could give a player bettter experience...

In that case, Please post on forum, and we can look at it. I think a few times it's been done, but the situation is rare, most times we just create a sentence that has that page/word we feel the reader would/could find useful and add it in.

gogo

I'm in total harmony with this policy. I'm sure we can enhance many of our articles with more links, but readers (including myself) would lose their minds if every possible instance was linked over and over. :cstars:

Ok to make it clear for me: on my example page is the word "combat art" more that 15 times, "aspect" 16x, Character(class) 7x represented and they are all linked. If I get you right, that is way to much, right? It is enough if its linked the first time it occurs on a page? So I need to change that back ^^

gogo

I'm in total harmony with this policy. I'm sure we can enhance many of our articles with more links, but readers (including myself) would lose their minds if every possible instance was linked over and over. :cstars:

Thanks! Took us a while to get good guidelines that are helpful, eventually our standards became the gold, and this is the only reason why so many other sites on net use sacredwiki.org as reference

Of cousre, we had our inspiration too...here's where a LOT of ideas for SacredWiki came from...I also believe it to be one of the five best game wiki's in the world:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Oblivion

So I need to change that back ^^

lol

Ayup

And remember you're also new at this, in a few months you'll be super pro!

:superman:

gogo

I actually don't have a problem with that. My usual dislike of TOC is because it's unnecessary, or pushes down the content of the page, or makes headings off-center. But in this case, I think that looks kind of nice.

I was going to ask this same question of Gogo and Schot, before I worked on anymore aspect pages, should I include the TOC? Right now, I've "completed" only the three Dragon Mage aspects, and they don't have the TOC. But I could add them back depending on what everyone thinks.

• Like! 1

I actually don't have a problem with that. My usual dislike of TOC is because it's unnecessary, or pushes down the content of the page, or makes headings off-center. But in this case, I think that looks kind of nice.

I was going to ask this same question of Gogo and Schot, before I worked on anymore aspect pages, should I include the TOC? Right now, I've "completed" only the three Dragon Mage aspects, and they don't have the TOC. But I could add them back depending on what everyone thinks.

Allright I improved my first try of getting the toc there as it is and changed it also on the the dragon mage /de maiin page http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Dragon_Magic/de with the use of my first template I posted on here earlier (only with float right this time) ^^

Edited by Sneak0r