Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Well thank god for no need of a complicated unfathomable solution but boy that was a stressful upgrade. :sweating: Everything is mostly A ok now. Just need to fix some things that were broke from the upgrade now.

The fruits of a whole day, wiki is back up and running

Thanks Schot!

:superman:

gogo

Minor edit to the Uniques Database page. Saw that there was need of a DragonMage icon so I made one and added it.

Thanks Schot. That was actually what I intended to do the other the day when we all first saw the problem. The DM's pic was an imageshack picture that had gone dead.

And thanks for keeping the wiki afloat through thick and thin. I may take some time and do a little wiki editing next week. Add some of the new CM Patch items. :)

• Like! 1

Mibbs do you have any explanation as to why you removed a big chunk of info from the Armor page today? I appreciate that you added your own chart and precise calculations, they are always great to see. But do they fully replace the charts and info made by Chattius that were already there? Were they incorrect? Particularly the part about damage actually being multiplied above the displayed amount when the target has 0 armor, that seemed like worthwhile information to have on there, and now it's gone. :blink:

• Like! 1

Good heads up Flix

Mibbs, Wiki policy is to not remove any contributor's contributions until it's brought up here with Wiki editors first

This way, if a contributor comes back, we can always point them to the discussion on DarkMatters where their work discussed with the editors before being removed^^

Adding more to the Wiki is never a problem, but deleting someone else's work and replacing it anew is something that's got to be discussed here first

:)

gogo

well, friends, here will be smth explanations about my changes. At first, you should know, different formulas are used to real and displayed (in char window) damage. Let's see, there are 3 hidden damage modifiers affect real damage: of the *difficulty, *number of players, *monster stats; but damage, displaying in char window, does not include them all. oops (only *monster stats modifier affects)
For example: any creature has its own base damage, which scales with level grown.
Rogue 2nd level (minimal possible level) has 25 base physical damage: but it displays differ at different difficulties (19 - bronze, 21 - silver), but in fact rogue inflict only 65% of displayed damage on bronze, 85% on silver, which is depends on
Enemy_weapondamage = {650,850,1000,3300,3630}
in balance.txt

In fact we have 21 displayed damage, about 18 real damage... in higher difficulties and monster levels this ratio can be like 1000/5000 or smth. Displayed damage values misled Chattius in his calculations.

Finally, you shoul know, zero armor value can not increase the damage. Armor values can only absorb part of incoming damage, but there is no DamMultiplier when there is no armor.

Edited by mibbs

I do not know what is better: Saying that the numbers a players sees in tooltipp are wrong and doing formulas read out from the balance.txt and other files.

If you take a normal player who just sees the tooltipp, than in fact 0 armour shows a boosted damage at higher difficulty in the game.

If you start from an hypothetical tooltipp how it should have been fixed in a never happened bugfix (showing the real damage for the difficulty) then in fact damage is always lowered and never boosted.

I did the formulas for what player were shown by the direct visible game information.

• Like! 1

Displayed damage lies (but not in gold difficulty, when multiplier is 1,0)

At 'Damage' page some new information will be added. About how real/displayed damage ratio changes with difficulty grown.

• 2 weeks later...

Been adding all the new CM Patch uniques and Legendaries to the Wiki. :)

The 8 new Legendaries got added towards the bottom.

On the other hand we made like 8 million new uniques, so the humble CM Patch Uniques page, which once held about 10 items, now has hundreds. It's starting to get crowded and unwieldy, and hard to find things even using the table of contents. It's somewhat akin to putting all the vanilla uniques on one page instead of splitting them into categories.

I propose we retire the CM Patch uniques page, and instead move the CM uniques to the uniques pages for each item type. For example, the 11 new magic staves could go at the bottom of the Unique Staves and Wands page, in their own section with CM frames to designate them.

Does anyone want to weigh in on this?

r some thought I think that I agree with you guys it would be best to keep the CM uniques page, but change it so that it is more like an index. Rather than list all of the uniques in one mass of text however, I'd suggest to instead we change the format of the CM Uniques page so that it has a table like the main uniques page. A link to staves, swords, armor, etc., would take the reader to a short list of CM uniques of that specific item type. In that way it would mirror the setup of the vanilla uniques database, and still be separate.

I like this solution Flix!

it's a good way to separate vanilla from the new, and puts new in as much a distinct positioning as original Vanilla

good feedback Knuckles and Silver

gogo

• Like! 1

The page is looking great, Flix. While it does not look big, it has all necessary and useful information as well as the index. The readers are forewarned and know what to expect from the new items, and the page looks neither bloated nor empty. I also like that you put the lightsabers on their own separate page. While this Easter Egg-y distinct kind of weapons is affected by Sword Lore, they would have looked rather odd in between swords and daggers.

Which reminds me: Is there a particular reason why the shortest kind of Sword weapons is called "Daggers" on the Weapons page, but "Blades" in the Uniques Database? Maybe it would be better to use the same name everywhere?

And you don't need to worry. Of course I can always make more items, but I don't think I'll go for the integration with the CM Patch in the future. Time will tell, but it's always safer to assume that any mods would be released on their own than as a part of CM Patch.

• Like! 1

The page is looking great, Flix. While it does not look big, it has all necessary and useful information as well as the index. The readers are forewarned and know what to expect from the new items, and the page looks neither bloated nor empty. I also like that you put the lightsabers on their own separate page. While this Easter Egg-y distinct kind of weapons is affected by Sword Lore, they would have looked rather odd in between swords and daggers.

Which reminds me: Is there a particular reason why the shortest kind of Sword weapons is called "Daggers" on the Weapons page, but "Blades" in the Uniques Database? Maybe it would be better to use the same name everywhere?

Thanks a bunch. I wondered the same thing about "Blades" instead of Daggers. I believe Daggers is the in-game name.

• Like! 1

Thanks go to SX255, for he directed me to a video of some thirty of the Ascaron employees, from which I was able to extract their photos, adding them to the Sacred Wiki on their respective pages at Epic Office Quest. I posted a convenient link to the video hosted on Vimeo there as well.

Hooyah, this is awesome!

For so long, wiki didnt have the faces for the names, and SX255's heads up, you put to great use, I love it

When I get home from work tonight, I'll make another topic here in the forum highilighting your work in the

Wiki as well, for extra looks.

Good job

+++

gogo

• Like! 1

The hellhound and final boss from I&B expansion have doubles on the main map.

Who's in charge of map editing, needs to fix this - people are losing their minds trying to find them in the vanilla version of the game.

maperror.png

It's not just that, but I think the "dismount trick" that allowed users to access this normally off-limits testing area was fixed or removed at some point. Maybe a note added somewhere explaining why those bosses are on the map twice would be good.

It's not just that, but I think the "dismount trick" that allowed users to access this normally off-limits testing area was fixed or removed at some point. Maybe a note added somewhere explaining why those bosses are on the map twice would be good.

Was the dismount trick patched in the CM? I know it exists in vanilla I&B.