Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

It's not just that, but I think the "dismount trick" that allowed users to access this normally off-limits testing area was fixed or removed at some point. Maybe a note added somewhere explaining why those bosses are on the map twice would be good.

Was the dismount trick patched in the CM? I know it exists in vanilla Ice and Blood.

It was working fine for me with CM v140. Haven't tried in v150 yet, but I don't think anything had changed in that regard.

• Like! 1

Hi all!

Sacred 2: Debuff page was created and fully completed. But...

1) I don't know anithing about Serious Open wounds and Deadly Wounds (which as all short-debuffs have duration of 10 seconds)
Are they short debuffs? Can they be mitigated (Damage over time: physical -x%, DME -x%, spell resistance skill mastery, opponents' chance to inflict open wounds...)?

2) Can debuffs be blocked/reflected? There is White Gryffin boss with high "chance to block CA +x%" innate value, it may be helpful to attack him by Ice spells of High Elf: if WG will block movement speed reduction from http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Frost_Flare , so some amount of debuffs can be blocked (but not all).

• Like! 1

O-la-la :lol:

Willpower attribute and magic resistance don't affect debuffs.

Debuffss can not be blocked/reflected, and also affect the target if it evades the weapon attack (target's defense value is too much, or target has а chance to evade for example). However, Frost Flare CA can miss the target, when it moves far away with 100% movement speed & at an angle of 90 degrees to the ray: when Frost Flare misses, movement speed reduction does not affect the target.

All debufs are divided into:

1) Debuffs stacking with similar other (all monster's D.)

They all have tag "sorting_rank = 0" in spells.txt configuration file.

2) Debuffs which can not stack with similar other (all character's D.)

They all have tag "sorting_rank = 1"

There are 2 defenсes against them : "detrimental Magic Effects -x%" modifier and "spell resistance" skill mastery (which also give the character "detrimental Magic Effects -x%" modifier, depending on skill level). At first theese defenсes reduce debuff duration, secondly they reduce the power of effect. For example, 75 hard points in SR skill and "detrimental Magic Effects -33%" modifier in total give the character 65+11* = 76% reduction of debuff power and duration. Defenсes are calculated layerwise (have diminishing returns) , so immunity can not be achieved.

There are few monster's debuffs, that can not be mitigated: usually they don't inflict any damage, and their duration is written as "entry0 = {"et_duration_sec", 1000, 0, 0, 8 },"

Edited by mibbs
  • Like! 1

I am currently looking over the Sacred 2 quests for missing information, map images, details that are in need of updates (post community patch) and so on, so forth, and etc.; If anyone knows of any particular quest(s) that could use some love do let me know. (please limit the quests to light campaign only for the time being). Thanks!

• Like! 1

If I were tackling quests on the Wiki, I would check all Main Campaign quests first. Shadow Campaign in particular is missing info, though you wouldn't be getting to that yet. God Quests are also missing several entries. I think there's a Desecrated Gods/Parched Gods/Green Gods for each Deity.

Other than that I'd try to fill in content for all the red links on the Side Quest pages. There are many missing quests. There's also pages that are complete but could use the dialogue template added (just a random example).

• Like! 1

Need to check
The fundamental difference between Damage over Time, caused by spell damage based combat arts, and the periodic damage caused by Secondary Damage Effects (open wounds, burn, poison) is the latter's dependence on flat damage:

• Physical Damage over Time, caused by Spell Damage based Combat arts , depends on Combat Art's level and damage modifiers, characters do not have this damage type on their Combat Arts, but some monsters do.
  • The periodic physical damage of a Secondary Damage Effect is directly proportional to the inflicted damage that caused the effect. Periodic damage caused by Secondary Damage Effect depends on how much damage the character has received: for example, if character's armor absorbs 75% incoming damage, periodic damage caused by Secondary Damage Effect will also inflict 75% less damage.

Done!!!

Edited by mibbs

Well, in my message I intended "magic = dealt by spell damage based combat arts". theese words are si-no-nymous, ok? So, please, construct my message, that english-speaking users can understand it.

Edited by mibbs

I'm not sure I understand it myself. :D At least the first point about characters not having DOT on their combat arts? Sorry about that.

The second point about Secondary Effects is crystal clear though. One correction is this: "has received the character:" should become "the character has received:"

• Like! 1

it was told about pure DoT: physical, which is not used by characters' spell damage based CAs. it is the part of "DOT: physical" page =)

Edited by mibbs
  • Like! 1

Ok then you should make it sure says "physical damage over time" and not "magic." If you mean to say "spell-based" then say so, so readers aren't confused about whether you mean the magic damage type or spell damage.

grammar correction: "characters do not have this damage type on their Combat Arts, but some monsters do."

Then above the table that lists the Combat Arts, add a note that says "These combat arts can cause physical damage over time only by causing open wounds."

Edited by Flix
  • Like! 1

In order to get quest logs/chat/maps etc try Ctrl + Prt Scrn (this should work even if you've changed the screenshot key in game options)

Other than that, everything Flix said is spot on

• Like! 1

Lots of respect here Hooyah for undertaking the quests! They are HUGELY time oriented and there is some manner sweat involved, but with this game having so many, they are a large component of the fun.

Flix and Knuckles have given great feedback on tips, and Knuckles has put up some of the most complex of the quests as well

Thanks Hooyah for being brave!

:)

gogo

I'm DLing FRAPS and will try to fix the details identified by Flix in the A Bath For My Dog quest this weekend, as I'm out of town just now. The job of tackling the quests should get easier over time, yet it has to be a labor of love, something that one is compelled to do ifthe job is to be done properly. Perhaps the most time-consuming issue is to first identify each specific quest which is in need of work.

• Like! 1

There will be some changes in "Damage Over Time" wiki section.

Some incorrect information will be replaced into "detrimental magic effects" to "secondary damage effects" page (theese pages may be fully reorganised, there is chaos here :mellow: )

The very first words on the page (Detrimental Magic Effects) needs to be changed to "Secondary Damage Effects". Also try moving the Table of Contents up so it's not sitting underneath a big chunk of text.

Debuff page needs a lot of help too. It's really sloppy looking.

Are Do you want to see this page as any other page in "Combat Arts" section?

If you will correct grammar, I can fully change formatting (adding character's and Combat Arts icons or smth else)

Well, Debuff link should be added to Combat Art page ("Combat Arts types" section)

Edited by mibbs
  • 2 weeks later...

OT: I like to say "WOW". Until now, People are still updating the Wiki. :D

I remember a time where the Wiki was down and I was sad I cannot view my seraphim Set items lol (I wasnt even playing Sacred 2, just browsing)

• Like! 1