Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Hey guys.

I've finished Epic Office for the first time since 1.60 came out and there are some differences in the quest's behaviour, hence I've updated the Wiki page:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Epic_Office_Quest

I just read and was going to post about your updates. 

Always amazes me with how much work went into this massively 'epic" quest... just seeing all the names on that page.... 

nostalgia^^

Thanks Androdion!

:thumbsup:

gogo

• Like! 1

Thankyou for taking the time to keep the wiki updated,a great help to a returning player like myself. reinstalled sacred 2 yesterday with cm patch and thought why not install sacred 1 as well today,thanks guys much appreciated.

Edited by wulfgardt
  • Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, Androdion said:

To be honest sometimes I could do a tiny bit more, but I get a bit lazy and keep playing instead of writing. :P

Thanks for the kind words. The community is alive, long live the community!

Androdion, I wish to echo Wolfgart's sentiment because I truly appreciate the work. Working on the Sacred Wiki is mostly a thankless, daunting, and never-ending task. There are so many things that need updating, not to mention the countless quests that remain undocumented. One in particular is the second one featuring "Sad Simon." One only has to interact with him about sixty times to complete the quest and including each quote that he makes would be daunting indeed. I suggest that you get right to that one first my good friend, as it might keep you busy for a while. :agreed:

Seriously, thank you for all the hard work sir.

• Like! 1
25 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

I added a button to download the three colors and numerous levels of the High Elf's Standard Diamond Suits of Armor that are now available in the Download Section and one for Frozen Gems, as it had no download button either.

I just saw Hooyah, thanks for the edits and the sparkling new shineys

:D

gogo

• 7 months later...

I just logged in info for a number of the previously blank quest pages for Porto Draco in Sacred 1. The only quest I wasn't able to fill in was "The Confused Marten" mainly due to the fact that I couldn't find the NPC that starts the quest. Any info on where to start this quest would be greatly appreciated.

18 hours ago, Whisky said:

I just logged in info for a number of the previously blank quest pages for Porto Draco in Sacred 1. The only quest I wasn't able to fill in was "The Confused Marten" mainly due to the fact that I couldn't find the NPC that starts the quest. Any info on where to start this quest would be greatly appreciated.

Whisky, I just looked at the Wiki... WOW...you have been working on this non stop for days now...I didnt even notice till now all the content you've been putting up on the part of the wiki that's needed the most love. Quests are notoriously difficult to fill out properly and you have your hand across all those pages... 

Thank you!!

:hugs:

:gogo:

gogo

• 4 months later...

Oh, so *that* Wiki IS you guys, I love you guys hard.  I've used the Wiki for so much stuff from figuring out the best way to do a certain skill to delving into the best socketing for +All Skills sets to peeking at the mechanics behind Arts and trying to find items with certain stats (so I know what to keep an eye out for).  Knowing that little tidbit makes it even more likely I'll get bored enough to contribute, as I do with almost every game I play for a while (to Mass Effect build strategies and how to beat the AI at its own game to Kingdoms of Amalur and just how much damage it's possible to do in a single strike given you do all the farming/crafting for tens of hours, to old D&D games and builds and such... I'm autistic and leurve muh numbahs).  With that in mind, I had an idea or two over the last couple weeks for things I wish I had been able to find, and I can put them here and maybe help with them if nobody minds.

1) A lot of pictures of items are at low levels, or were taken by a character without the proper unlock skills.  The page will state that an item has Projectile Block, and the picture will have "Projectile Block: Shield Lore", but it doesn't tell you how much anywhere.  Often I wanted to know just how powerful an item was compared to others and I couldn't find out until I actually got it to drop, which can take forever farming bosses if it's legendary, etc.

2) Again, pictures at low levels and relative item strengths.  Some pages don't mention or show proper stats, like just how much %Max Shield Endijian's plate has, or that its percentage scales dynamically with which difficulty you're in (like the set bonuses do, I noticed the number going up and down when I dropped in Bronze for the night to farm survival bonus).  Often I wanted to know how much of a stat an item had, but I wanted to know how it compared to other items, and it's hard to compare the stat strength on a level 30 chestpiece with a level 225 shield even if you do get the gist of how big the numbers scale.  Maybe a way to standardize the pictures and examples to maximum level?

3) There should definitely be a page of "unique uniques", "rule-breaking items", etc.  I don't think chest items or helmets can even roll %Max Shield, yet Endijian's Chest and Sophia's helmet have them.  Nothing can roll %stats that I know of, but tons of items have them.  Rings can't roll %absorption, but Testa's ring has it.  Shields can't have four sockets, but Kufferath Defender does (you know how many times I threw that thing out thinking it was junk, only to spend hours looking for one once I knew it was exactly what I wanted for a buff set?).  I kept having to open the page for Seraphim sets, then Seraphim Community sets, then All Class Uniques, then Seraphim uniques, open each individual page per set or item and manually look at all the items (and odd, random levels) trying to figure things out... only to later find an item that wasn't even listed that I was looking for.  I ended up openings dozens of pages dozens of times (the same lists of the same stuff) over the weeks, as what I was looking for changed.  My OCD GOTTA KNOW GOTTA KNOW GOTTA KNOW RIGHT NOW is probably responsible for half your bandwidth usage by the way.

That's all I can think of for the moment, what are people doing that needs the most work right now, or how can I help with my ideas?

18 hours ago, deusmurr said:

Oh, so *that* Wiki IS you guys, I love you guys hard.  I've used the Wiki for so much stuff from figuring out the best way to do a certain skill to delving into the best socketing for +All Skills sets to peeking at the mechanics behind Arts and trying to find items with certain stats (so I know what to keep an eye out for).  Knowing that little tidbit makes it even more likely I'll get bored enough to contribute, as I do with almost every game I play for a while (to Mass Effect build strategies and how to beat the AI at its own game to Kingdoms of Amalur and just how much damage it's possible to do in a single strike given you do all the farming/crafting for tens of hours, to old D&D games and builds and such... I'm autistic and leurve muh numbahs).  With that in mind, I had an idea or two over the last couple weeks for things I wish I had been able to find, and I can put them here and maybe help with them if nobody minds.

1) A lot of pictures of items are at low levels, or were taken by a character without the proper unlock skills.  The page will state that an item has Projectile Block, and the picture will have "Projectile Block: Shield Lore", but it doesn't tell you how much anywhere.  Often I wanted to know just how powerful an item was compared to others and I couldn't find out until I actually got it to drop, which can take forever farming bosses if it's legendary, etc.

2) Again, pictures at low levels and relative item strengths.  Some pages don't mention or show proper stats, like just how much %Max Shield Endijian's plate has, or that its percentage scales dynamically with which difficulty you're in (like the set bonuses do, I noticed the number going up and down when I dropped in Bronze for the night to farm survival bonus).  Often I wanted to know how much of a stat an item had, but I wanted to know how it compared to other items, and it's hard to compare the stat strength on a level 30 chestpiece with a level 225 shield even if you do get the gist of how big the numbers scale.  Maybe a way to standardize the pictures and examples to maximum level?

3) There should definitely be a page of "unique uniques", "rule-breaking items", etc.  I don't think chest items or helmets can even roll %Max Shield, yet Endijian's Chest and Sophia's helmet have them.  Nothing can roll %stats that I know of, but tons of items have them.  Rings can't roll %absorption, but Testa's ring has it.  Shields can't have four sockets, but Kufferath Defender does (you know how many times I threw that thing out thinking it was junk, only to spend hours looking for one once I knew it was exactly what I wanted for a buff set?).  I kept having to open the page for Seraphim sets, then Seraphim Community sets, then All Class Uniques, then Seraphim uniques, open each individual page per set or item and manually look at all the items (and odd, random levels) trying to figure things out... only to later find an item that wasn't even listed that I was looking for.  I ended up openings dozens of pages dozens of times (the same lists of the same stuff) over the weeks, as what I was looking for changed.  My OCD GOTTA KNOW GOTTA KNOW GOTTA KNOW RIGHT NOW is probably responsible for half your bandwidth usage by the way.

That's all I can think of for the moment, what are people doing that needs the most work right now, or how can I help with my ideas?

Thanks for all the props for the wiki work! A few hundred people and years later its one of the larges dbases for games around :bounce:  If you have some ideas for how to bring in your work into the Wiki and feel  like editing, I can add you as editor and you can edit the wiki directly. 

There is a preview tool that shows you how your work will look, and any mistakes you make can always be reversed by your or another editor to help with corrections.

:)

gogo

I updated the Wiki, here, by correcting the following line: "The Damage Mitigation is an extremely important aspect in Sacred 2 Fallen Angel and its expansion, Ice and Blood. In essence, it means that a certain part of the damage the player takes is completely omitted after all other damage calculations (armor rating)." Previously it indicated that the calculation was made 'after' all other damage calculations.

• Thanks! 1
12 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

I updated the Wiki, here, by correcting the following line: "The Damage Mitigation is an extremely important aspect in Sacred 2 Fallen Angel and its expansion, Ice and Blood. In essence, it means that a certain part of the damage the player takes is completely omitted after all other damage calculations (armor rating)." Previously it indicated that the calculation was made 'after' all other damage calculations.

Thank you Hooyaah!

gogo

On 2/10/2019 at 6:39 PM, gogoblender said:

If you have some ideas for how to bring in your work into the Wiki and feel like editing, I can add you as editor and you can edit the wiki directly.

Most of it would probably just be gruntwork with items.  First thing I'd have to do is "flush the system" with a game reinstall, undo any and all changes made by anything so I'm using just the Community Patch.  Short of being able to search items (and I'm not a programmer, but I'd imagine setting up a wiki-wide search for items would take a fair amount of effort, so it's probably not going to happen) I do think that page about unusual items is a good idea.  It'd be simple enough to do if a proper and easily-found page name came about... List of Items with Unusual Characteristics?  Sorted easily enough by exactly *why* the item is unusual and how that makes it useful in some way... once the list gets long enough.

I also need to get to a part of the game with the highest level enemies available to do item hunting, so I can easily ensure I'm getting "top quality" stuff.  I know from specific experience that if you're looking for Lord Wayne's Wild Rage, they're pretty easy to farm off the ghosts near Whisperwood in the second area because they only drop 1-inventory-size items like jewelry and gemmae, but the level 218 ones outside will only drop the level 215 Wayne amulet, whereas inside a certain area (where the quest Banshee boss is) they spawn at 220 and will drop the +9/12 level 235 version.  I've seen item levels up to 245, so can I really guarantee a level 220 item found is the highest level possible?  That's easily fixable if I could locate the highest level places things spawn, but that's a question most easily answered by someone with experience.

• 5 months later...

Flix, love your new content on the equipment modifiers page... this is the mechanics explanation stuff that new players LOVE to sink teeth into... what an eye opening read this morning

*Players may see the same modifier multiple times on this page.  Modifiers are calculated in this order: White, Blue, Yellow, Gold.  This is important when considering modifiers with the same name but with different colors. For example, [[Sacred 2:Absorption Warding Energy|Absorption Warding Energy]] can appear as both a White and a Blue modifier.  If the player has items giving a White value of +20% and a Blue value of +20%, they are not simply added together to give a 40% bonus.  The White value is applied, and then the Blue value is applied.

gogo

6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Flix, love your new content on the equipment modifiers page... this is the mechanics explanation stuff that new players LOVE to sink teeth into... what an eye opening read this morning

gogo

Thanks. I'm actually in the process of revising that content so as not to mislead players. I believe the same modifiers of different colors may be all calculated at once regardless of color (still subject to diminishing returns if applicable) and that color simply indicates the "tier" or rarity.  Not sure yet though.

• Thanks! 1

Nibking, outstanding work on the backbone of the original Sacred Game section of the Wiki.  I remember when we first set up the dbase years ago, the heckuva of a time we had with name spaces...basically didnt understand what we were doing lol! ... Finally we put the original game in one namespace, and Sacred 2 in another... Awesome seeing you actually get into the backend of all those moves and make changes... actually all the work going up is making that oldest section come together well.

Thank you

nbk2.jpg

gogo

• Appreciation 1
  • 2 months later...
On 9/11/2018 at 5:40 PM, Whisky said:

I only played the game in German, but I remember him well. He was standing on the south bridge leading to Porto Draco. It's an auto-starting quest. He challenges you for a fight to get past him. You might kill him, but NOT to kill him is the answer to solve the quest. A lady is coming from the Porto Draco side and she talks to you and thanks you for not killing him, because he is a bit confused. That's it.

Maybe you will be able to find and check / produce a log with this information.

I'm not sure but it could be that the quest will vanish, if you take a northern access to the town. Which might be the reason you did not find it.

• 1 year later...