Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

Sounds cool Tim.

Please make sure though to keep the Monsters in Ancaria Category as well as the new sub you create....

this way one is a part of the other and we can search via large category for an alphateticzed list

Cheers!

:oooo:

gogo

p.s. check out all the dragons and see how we did it last night after your connection dropped.

p.s. Csaszar, the daemon comparisons on stats is superb...love the tables.

p.s.s. Claire...I already see more guides...yee haw! :pitcher:

Sounds good Tim. An additional way to get at the information. Good plan. :D Ah and I do believe I was flooded by builds on the wiki not so long ago, lol. Nice stuff Claire! :woot: Oh that reminds me. What is the Sacredwiki Cannon? haha. I noticed on the stubs for each build page.

As for me I'm doing a bit of backtracking...

A Suggestion about the Set Pictures:

Wouldn't it be better to put the Picture on a particular Set Part's Page, than on the Set Main Page?

Just thought so, because I think those Pictures make it quite far to scroll down to the theoretical Stuff on the Set's Main Page :D

Schot, please don't kill me for this :) I repair it, if nobody likes that :(

Example: Draelokk's Wings - Draelokk's Glooming Skull

Been working on the whole sets thing for quite a while now and I think I may have finally hit on it... Which involves putting the set images back on the main set pages, lol. Thing is we need a place to see all the set items of a set on a single page. I thought about creating another page from the main page but got to thinking that it's maybe too much linking for a simple set. So I did some space management and came up with this layout:

Amarri's Secret

I think this works fairly well personally. :)

I like this a lot, but I don't like all the pictures pushed so far to the right. I'm going to play around with the Amarri in a sandbox page to see what I can do. Wish I understood the wiki stuff behind all this just a little better.

That blackbox must be doing something I don't understand. I can't make the items appear neatly

Edit (removed link - page is gone)

I have the overall table borders on so I can see where the cells fall. Can't seem to align the items, though

I see it now. Need a 'blackboxleft' or something, maybe. BTW, this is really spiffy stuff here Schot. You really know your markup.

OK I took the border out. Looks kinda OK now, I think

Edited by gial

Thanx Therion! :devil: As for getting rid of the individual set item pages I think we'll need to keep them. For one thing as a wiki I think the mentality insists that a page name exists by the name of every constant item. Another thing is that as it is the stats boxes are being imported from there own pages and into the Main set page. I think this might prove useful in other ways in the future. For example many builds suggest the use of certain set items. We may decide in the future to import those items into builds. If that possibilty exists then others like it may be thought of in the future. I agree that they might be redundant but for the time being I think it might be a good idea to keep them just in case we think of a greater use for them. :yay:

Oh wow. Who would have thought the set pages would get so decked out. Nice work on the formatting of the content gial. The content looks exceptionally tidy! Now I'm a bit stuck as to what to say about the positioning of the render there. I can't think of any justifiable reason as to why it doesn't appeal to me on your test page except to say that my spidey senses tingle when I see it, lol. I've been looking and comparing for a day or so now to see if my senses stop tingling but they haven't... :mafia: I "think" it's an alignment issue that I'm feeling but not to do with the blackboxes vs. render. Even when making only the render and the content beside it visible on my screen It still seems wrong to me somehow. Ah! I know what it is I think... The line under the header "Technical Data" as well as the edit link for it are creating an imaginary box containing the content. With this in mind the render is pressed directly against this imaginary box and has a great deal of space between it and the right side of the screen. This is making it feel out of center to me and perhaps coming into the page too much.

Oh and for your alignment troubles gial it might be possible for me to create optional alignment for the blackbox with regards to the float property. I'll have a look at that. Alternatively, maybe you could create an empty 3rd column and force its width to take up the extra space not needed by the 2nd column containing the images? That might work. Oh and I can't take too much credit for the blackbox. I had a lot of help from WoWWiki and their use of templates. :(

I see what you mean about the rule creating a "box". I'm not a design expert so I'll defer.

I took the width parameter out of the 2nd column. Also, since the suit is right aligned now, too, I made the first column all one cell to tighten up the space after Tech Data

Now that I think about it, this is pretty much the same as the real one, other than minor edits to the text in the first column. In fact, I'm going to toss it.

Oh well.

Edited by gial

Ah you know what. I think it just clicked on me what you were after. After looking at your last edit on your test version it started to come clear, haha. I've changed the page I was working on to reflect what I think you were after and it does make sense. :mafia:

Amarri's Secret

It took a bit of trickster code but managed to create tight enough boundaries. If you're curious this is what I changed at the bottom of the page.

From this:

|VALIGN="top"|

[center]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/SacredWiki/Set%20Items/BattleMage/Amarri.jpg[/center]
{{:Amarri's Golden Hood}}
{{:Amarri's Pantaloons Of Conjuring}}
{{:Amarri´s Garment of Magic}}
{{:Amarri´s Girdle of Bewitchment}}
{{:Ammari´s Bracers of Enchantment}}

|}

To this:

|VALIGN="top" width="320" align="center"|
<div style="width:290px;">
[center]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff165/SacredWiki/Set%20Items/BattleMage/Amarri.jpg[/center]
{{:Amarri's Golden Hood}}
{{:Amarri's Pantaloons Of Conjuring}}
{{:Amarri´s Garment of Magic}}
{{:Amarri´s Girdle of Bewitchment}}
{{:Ammari´s Bracers of Enchantment}}
</div>
|}

Is that it?

Excellent -- that does accomplish what I was after -- a little space to the right of the items. This isn't what I was trying though, but it is more effective (since I never really got it) and simpler, too.

Clever, Schot. I think we'll keep you on :4rofl:

Woohoo! I can stay! Ummm, but could someone loosen me shackles just a wee bit? Please? :4rofl: That was a pretty nifty trick huh! :D Probably considered an ugly hack by the pros but it works, haha.

Actually, I'd say using tricks like that is very much pro - to know how to take advantage of all the side effects of something, and concisely too.

Heya Seductive!

Your permissions have been checked and edited, and you are now good for wikkidom

Please remember to log in with the exact same user name as you do on this forum and also make sure that you use the exact same pasword. The wiki and this forum share the same database so it's important that for a successful login that you make sure you use the same name and password as here.

Have fun!

:lol:

gogo

p.s. Podgie has just finished off the experience tables !

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?sh...ic=6297&hl=

Although this project I'm working on right now probably won't ever be documented on this site, but it's fun just to see how many different rares I can find. Right now, I have about 50 different ones that will be categorized and sub-categorized. A lot of work but it takes away the monotony of my boring daily life. :cha (18):

Right now, I'm up to around 80 or so and still finding some but not as many as other days. I'm using the Enlightened Iron Sword and seems like between SB and the MF on the sword I'm not finding anymore or any less. Level 15 with this BM so far and not even one set piece yet. Go figure!!

Just completed the Battle Mage CA videos. Whew! Within each CA page there can be found a demonstration video. Also, the Stats Charts for each CA has been completed as you can see on the Battle Mage Combat Arts page. The only thing left for the battle mage combat arts pages to be done are the notes such as Usage Strategies and Pros and Cons. So if any feels like they know one of the CAs pretty well then feel free to add some notes. :P

As an example you can have a look at how I added notes to the Dwarf's Flame Thrower page.

Nice work you guys!

Erling, we'll have to wait and see what Schot says, but it looks pretty fantastic already.... wow, does it really say in game let it snow, let... ? That's pretty cool!

This is the Amarri's secret page here which you can compare your work against to to see if it matches the templates already set up in SacredWiki for comparison:

http://sacredwiki.org/index.php5/Amarri%27s_Secret

And Schot, the Video's look First Class...all the BM Videos are done, and it's probably THE best way to get peeps to try out new Combat Arts!

bmcombatarts.jpg

bmcombatarts2.jpg

.... And your example with the dwarf with commentary is awesome:

flamethrower.jpg

To help out, I stuck in the pros/cons templates for Combat Arts into all the CA pages to help make it easier for everyone to easily drop in one sentence tips on Combat Arts.

And Gial, I love your new table for the Armor Glow page!

armorglow.jpg

:)

gogo

Great stuff gogo. That will speed the process plenty with all those templates all ready to be filled. :) And very nice table gial! Much cleaner.

Very nice Erling. In particular the cut out you did of the Wood Elf is very nice. ;) The words in the picture are already in the page for all the sets though and the style that we are following is like the style found on the Amarri's Secret page. If you could apply your talent following that layout and style it would be awesome! :)

Some things that would help for the set pages would be a render of a character wearing a set. In this link I explain how I made my renders. Amazing quality renders of Sacred characters

Also some pictures of the items and their stats would help for other set pages. You can read about how I did mine at: Item picture editing And if you'd like to see a library of all set items already cut out to use check: All character set items

If you have any questions feel free to ask. :)

Brilliant

Erling as member of the SacredWiki Team, you're certainly making your mark my friend. Very good work on that image, however is it bigger than the ones that are already up?

We'll wait till Schot gets back to see what size he'd like it at...

Good job!

:)

gogo

Ah sorry for getting to this so late after. Very nice work Erling. Very nice quality. :)

If you could make it like this one it would be perfect:

amarrihelm.gif

I noticed that you put the frame around yours which is very nice but I have created a code on the wiki that will put the frame around it for you which will be much easier. Notice that I have left the numbers in the example above. This is because when a reader comes to see the statistics box they might want to see the numbers so they can get an idea of how good the statistics are. To be able to fit the box well on the sacredwiki and keep most of the space for written content I made my boxes smaller by 72% which you should do as well.

Hope that helps! :)

P.s

Here is an example of the original size of the box I posted above:

amarrishood.gif

I completely redid the What the characters say page. The first page now has just some text and indivual links to the toons that opens up into a new page. Only the BM and seraphim has text in them. The others are empty and all you have to do is click on the link and the editing window will open right up and you can start putting in your sayings that you have found. Still have a long way to go but getting there.