Sacred Wiki - Latest Updates

4 hours ago, Lindor said:

May I ask for an update, please? :)

Super Apologies Lindor! I've taken Schot off line *whip*  :whip: because were getting people over next few weeks and were doing winter reno... never fun, never exciting but ...for family  :oooo: we'll be back here to this soon, hes going to have to do some checks on what the wiki is trying to *run* and when he figures its safe he'll give back its full supah powahs!

:hugs:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to SacredWiki Back OnLine! - DarkMatters and SacredWiki Updates
4 hours ago, Flix said:

I can write guides if I knew there was some demand. I can either do script analyses or instructions on how to complete a specific goal. I just need to know what people are interested in learning. Dumping the sum total of knowledge I've picked up would be a lot of time and effort. 

Can you create https://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:drop.txt and explain your detailed knowledge?

Also https://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Sacred_2_-_Item_Drop_Mechanics I'd bet this is pretty outdated by know. Also could be made less discussion-like and more wiki-like, more structured. But anybody can improve this once you drop.txt knowledge is there.

No need to hurry and feel free to reject.

On 1/26/2024 at 6:24 AM, Khorath said:

First of all: Thanks a lot for all the great work at the wiki. It's among the best wikis I have ever seen.

I have been worried a bit lately, because I am getting lots of error-messages (Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination) when browsing the wiki. This results in many small pictures not getting loaded. At first I suspected a browser-specific problem, but the same issue persists with all browsers I used.

Does anyone have an idea what happened?

Khorath, very sorry to have gotten to your post so late :blush2:

We've seen this as well.  We had a issue with the wiki a few weeks ago, most of the functionalities restored, but some are still to be done. Hopefully asap...soon as schot finishes the carpets and some reno :D

IMG_9684.jpg

And thank you for your very kind, generous and thoughtful feedback for SacredWiki.

Its the work of many many hundreds (well have to count some day maybe thousands! :D ) and the work is never ending it seems. 

Art is like that I guess 

Something you wake up to and

cant

be 

stopped

:superman:

gogo

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I'm glad to know, that you already know about this and are looking into a solution. It would be such a shame...

I will spread the good news to my friends, who were worried too. It's such a great archive of knowledge and an invaluable tool for character planning.

BTW: I noticed a few differences between some of the CA-progression values in the wiki and in my skills.txt. Maybe this is because of the use of the CM-patch 1.60? Which version is referenced in the wiki?

On 2/22/2024 at 3:57 AM, Lindor said:

in the history of the pages... does it show different names? or, if one person made both could it have have been a duplicate error?

:)

gogo

23 hours ago, gogoblender said:

in the history of the pages... does it show different names? or, if one person made both could it have have been a duplicate error?

gogo

Both pages have been created by Flix, one in 2015 and one in 2017 :)

Same reason there's this page

https://sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Seraphim_Mystique_Set

And this page

https://sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Sopor_Aethernis

Genesis is just one of a kind though, so no other skins to add to the page. It's the same for all CM Patch sets. If they're reskins of an existing armor set, they're listed with the others of their kind. If they're unique they live on a page alone.

• Thanks! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2024 at 12:11 AM, Flix said:

Same reason there's this page

https://sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Seraphim_Mystique_Set

And this page

https://sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Sopor_Aethernis

Genesis is just one of a kind though, so no other skins to add to the page. It's the same for all CM Patch sets. If they're reskins of an existing armor set, they're listed with the others of their kind. If they're unique they live on a page alone.

I see. Thx.

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2024 at 3:25 PM, Lindor said:

Is there an expected date for when everything will be working again?

Aaaaaand.... BOOMG... Lindor come give it a go and see if its back all good? I see the pix are up and running again and Schot has returned logins...if you can do some checking and give us the okay?

:bounce:

gogo

• Thanks! 1
On 3/16/2024 at 3:20 PM, Lindor said:

I see. Thx.

The Wiki is open and malleable Lindor...if you want to add to clarify you can so that we keep getting awesomeness!

gogo

On 1/26/2024 at 6:24 AM, Khorath said:

First of all: Thanks a lot for all the great work at the wiki. It's among the best wikis I have ever seen.

I have been worried a bit lately, because I am getting lots of error-messages (Error creating thumbnail: Unable to save thumbnail to destination) when browsing the wiki. This results in many small pictures not getting loaded. At first I suspected a browser-specific problem, but the same issue persists with all browsers I used.

Does anyone have an idea what happened?

Khorath I had you post hanging in my to do list for weeks now... go on please and check out www.sacredwiki.org... is everything back up and running?

Woo hoo!

:dance:

gogo

19 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Aaaaaand.... BOOMG... Lindor come give it a go and see if its back all good? I see the pix are up and running again and Schot has returned logins...if you can do some checking and give us the okay?

gogo

Uhh nice!

Do you know what happened? Can I restore this site safely without breaking anything?

• Like! 1
19 hours ago, gogoblender said:

The Wiki is open and malleable Lindor...if you want to add to clarify you can so that we keep getting awesomeness!

gogo

Yeah did it.

The entire confusion came from the redundancy of the meaning of the word "Set". We should really invent another name for the more general meaning. Something like "armor class" or so. But I'm not entirely happy with that one either, one could confuse it with the damage channel armor.

• Appreciation 1
43 minutes ago, Lindor said:

Uhh nice!

Do you know what happened? Can I restore this site safely without breaking anything?

Lemme chat Schot first and see if he can come here and put up some info for us... he actually looked at your page, and said there was nothing malicious iits just at at the same time you were working on it a *process* all of a sudden went into over drive, used up our resources and got us shut down... or at least thats my take on it... 

gogo

Aannnd... last night we shut down the site for a few hours.. Schot was able to complete update and repair all the *sore* parts of the Wiki ...and has anyone noticed? we got a nice new button up on top of of DarkMatters... so that everyone knows we have a Wiki and its just a magical and simple click away!
:d_dance:

gogo

Okay hes giving it a goooooooooooooo... you can get back into that page and try to get back that table...would it be okay for you to do this no earlier than 700 am Montreal Time ? Ill be up then as well and can look at the Wiki wihile im rolling into work if this works for you ...and anytime later in the day after that is cool too... this would be Monday tommorrow cuz Schot will be up as well.

Here we goooooooooooooo!!!

gogo

we're working on out going links trying to make links point to ourselves on sacrediki.org or darkmatters.org so they dont become dead or burnt out ... coupla hundred links maybe more... oh well, Sacred Underworld calls!

gogo

that would be 13:00 for me, right after lunch break :)

We'll see. I'm busy this evening, honestly I'm busy the entire week including the weekend.

• Appreciation 1