2863 replies to this topic

#2841 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,155 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:48 PM

Another batch of CM Patch sets finished!

Dryad:

Remnants of Glaurung

The Wild Cat

Dragon Mage:

Auspicious Powers

Chaoskampf

Kha-Beleth's Sovereignty

Draco's Garments of Mutation

Hard to believe the 3 year anniversary of my very first mod "Flix's Dragon Mage Sets" has just passed.  Seems like yesterday I was compiling all the lore about dragons I could find and working out the new set names and bonuses.  :)

I know! I was just actually thinking about how fast the years have gone by ever since you starting helming the project.  I was just looking at the pages Flix, I think sets have always been a part of the huge draw of goodies in this game, and these extra warez make the rewards rewarding (when they drop! :D)
Thanks for locomotivating all this content up, right during the holidays too!

:hugs:

gogo

#2842 Daniat

Daniat

Master of Antimony

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

Impressive work Flix, you managed to complete the all-class sets both in-game and on the wiki, I am also amazed that you could get all the Dragon Mage CM Patch sets, even Chaoskampf  :eek:

I really wish I could play Sacred more actively to finally complete  the HE sets that are not on the wiki yet, Frozen Gems is a really odd one to see, and Mage of Spectrum is also hard to find, but I just need the boots to complete this one, which is my fav so far

#2843 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:05 PM

Impressive work Flix, you managed to complete the all-class sets both in-game and on the wiki, I am also amazed that you could get all the Dragon Mage CM Patch sets, even Chaoskampf  :eek:

I really wish I could play Sacred more actively to finally complete  the HE sets that are not on the wiki yet, Frozen Gems is a really odd one to see, and Mage of Spectrum is also hard to find, but I just need the boots to complete this one, which is my fav so far

Well, I just forced them to drop to create the stashes in the downloads section, and then I used those stashes to make the stats pictures for the Wiki, so not that impressive.  ;)  But thanks!

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#2844 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:19 AM

Another batch of CM Patch sets finished.

Shadow Warrior:

Doom Guard Armor

Seraphim:

Genesis Siderea

Impressions of Sophia

Inquisitor:

Disgraced Gods

The Judicator

Diablo 2 Fallen Mod         Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod          Flix's Music Mod for Sacred 2
   Elite Mounts Mod              Sacred 2 Character Editor           List of Mods and Modding Guides

Sacred 2 Nexus                    Sacred 2 Nude Mod                     Community Items Mod

#2845 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,155 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:16 AM

Another batch of CM Patch sets finished.

Shadow Warrior:

Doom Guard Armor

Seraphim:

Genesis Siderea

Impressions of Sophia

Inquisitor:

Disgraced Gods

The Judicator

Up early this morning doing some work online...and have just fallen into doing some reading of these set pages while drinking up some coffee ad enjoying last day of weekend.  Have to say to anyone out there reading this, probably one of the most enjoyable parts of Set pages besides the tables listing all the superpowers and blingy pix is the part of page called " About the Sets" ...I've always found that this kind of critique info, what stuff looks, feels and acts like is rare, mostly because it's facts laid out for enjoyment and to get a preview of what the point of using the set will accomplish...these are great reads.

:)

gogo

#2846 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:23 AM

Up early this morning doing some work online...and have just fallen into doing some reading of these set pages while drinking up some coffee ad enjoying last day of weekend.  Have to say to anyone out there reading this, probably one of the most enjoyable parts of Set pages besides the tables listing all the superpowers and blingy pix is the part of page called " About the Sets" ...I've always found that this kind of critique info, what stuff looks, feels and acts like is rare, mostly because it's facts laid out for enjoyment and to get a preview of what the point of using the set will accomplish...these are great reads.

That's my favorite part of writing these pages.  The rest is just mechanical recording.  Plus since I was involved in the creation of most of these sets it's nice to share insight into how and why these sets are the way they are.

There's room for even more contributions from other players.  There's a "Recommended Pieces" section on each set page where editors can talk about which set pieces are the best and why.

#2847 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

Ancarian National Geographer

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts
  • Gamertag:Hooyaah

Posted 08 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

It is of great benefit and convenience to have these rare set items available for download as is having all of the information about them at one's disposal. Being able to view the appearance of the armor as it worn by the player character in the game is nothing less than magnificent. The Doom Guard Armor is (in my humble opinion) the most "wicked looking" armor set in the game. Thank you Flix for all of your hard work!

perception ≤ reality

#2848 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:31 AM

The final batch of CM sets are finished! These sets were probably the most popular to be released with CM 1.50.

High Elf:

Children of Asha

Frozen Gems

Lara's Glad Rags

Mage of the Spectrum

Range Array

Children of Asha and Range Array were already done by Daniat but they have been revamped.

#2849 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:50 AM

I'm continuing the Item Database Rejuvenation Project that Silver Fox and I started 2 years ago.  Since then we've renewed all unique and legendary item pages on the Wiki.  They look detailed and shiny and better then ever.

So now I'm extending the project to the set item pages.  CM Sets are all in good shape since they're much more recent.  But some of the older vanilla sets look a little ragged.  Some are missing their item modifiers and other specs, some are missing pictures, and some just have really bad pics.

Here are some before/after pics of the updates:

dae1.jpg          Daerwain%27s_set_bonus.jpg

det1.jpg              Detheya%27s_set_bonus.jpg

Dragon Mage and Dryad are done.  High Elf is almost done.  While I'm stopping by the pages I'm also correcting any red links, filling in info, normalzing the format, and adding in-game pictures if needed.

For example Ashes of Perdition now has a picture of the set in-game:

Ashes_of_perdition.jpg

All the other characters will get the same treatment in the coming weeks hopefully.  :)

#2850 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:16 PM

Thank you Flix, for all of your hard work. It, and its most commendable quality, is greatly appreciated by me and, I am certain, the community of DarkMatters as well.

perception ≤ reality

#2851 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:27 AM

Thank you Flix, for all of your hard work. It, and its most commendable quality, is greatly appreciated by me and, I am certain, the community of DarkMatters as well.

Thanks Steve.  It's part love, part obsession.  Just as much as I like contributing, I'm also compelled to fix the errors and missing content.

Inquisitor sets are renewed:

Deylen's Power

Ilgard's Judgment

Saraki's Path to the Netherworld

Kuan's Verdict

Insignia of Balefullness

Determined Justice

Drapes of Catharsis

Dreadbringer

I fixed red links galore.  Some of the stat pics I hate to replace because they were still good quality, but many had woefully outdated/incorrect info from early versions of Fallen Angel.  The sets are now updated to the latest game version.

#2852 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:37 AM

Temple Guardian sets are renewed:

Combat Modules CC10

T-Energy Modules

Technical Modules 

Cybernetic Tormentor

Guardians of Light

Guardians of Shadows

Lumen's Servants

XTM-2174

I also had to re-renew some of the aspect sets for the Dryad and High Elf, because I didn't realize just how much the modifiers and sockets on many items had changed after patches and the expansion:

Daerwain's Revenge 

Detheya's Agility 

Leaves and Twigs

Celdrahil's pandemonium 

Faladal's Blizzard 

Ascaron got a lot more generous with sockets as the game was patched.  Pretty every piece in the aspect sets has 1 silver and 1 gold socket nowadays.

#2853 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:22 AM

Making pretty good time moving through all the sets.  Shadow Warrior sets are renewed.

Lucreti's Stars

Armantin's Legacy

Denderan's Tactical Genius

Cold Grave

Eternal Silence

Infernal Torment

Executioner's Aids

Ravok's Renaissance

Bergonix' Judge

How I've decided to handle the differences between Fallen Angel and Ice & Blood is to have pictures of both versions of the item stats.

So if you look on the page for Lucreti's Prowess, for example you can see both the new and the old pictures:

Lucretis%27_comet_tail.png   lucretibelt.gif

The old pics would still be relevant for console players, who wouldn't be able to install the expansion and the newer patches.

Also grabbed and uploaded some in-game shots of some mini-sets that were missing:

Ravok's Renaissance                                    Glyphs of Torment

Ravok%27s_renaissance.jpg   Glyphs_of_torment.jpg

#2854 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

Final batch of sets are renewed.

Seraphim:

Endijian's Artifacts
Niokaste's Blade Dance
Revelation of the Seraphim
Heavenly Justice
Illuminated Skies
Infinite Revenge
Nikotaste's Arguments
Origin of the Seraish
Sofia's Benevolence
Twilight Of The Gods

This about wraps up the item database rejuvenation project.  There's always room for improvement and more commentary and details, but I really can't see any weak spots.  I think SacredWiki has to have some of the most comprehensive and polished info of any game wiki on the web, period.

#2855 Hooyaah

Hooyaah

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:13 PM

Seraphim:

Endijian's Artifacts
Niokaste's Blade Dance
Heavenly Justice
Illuminated Skies
Infinite Revenge
Nikotaste's Arguments
Origin of the Seraish
Sofia's Benevolence
Twilight Of The Gods

This about wraps up the item database rejuvenation project.  There's always room for improvement and more commentary and details, but I really can't see any weak spots.  I think SacredWiki has to have some of the most comprehensive and polished info of any game wiki on the web, period.

Great job Ben! I concur with your assessment of the SacredWiki.

:drool:   :thumbsup:   :agreed:  :yay:  :bow:   :resp:   :drinks: 

perception ≤ reality

#2856 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,155 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:00 PM

Seraphim:

Endijian's Artifacts
Niokaste's Blade Dance
Heavenly Justice
Illuminated Skies
Infinite Revenge
Nikotaste's Arguments
Origin of the Seraish
Sofia's Benevolence
Twilight Of The Gods

Love this Flix!

Just getting in from work and sitting down to some cups tea sugar bread and chilling time.. 

I cant get over what a difference all the new pix and the rejuvenation is doing!  

I can't imagine how much players must love getting this game and then finding out there's a whole treasure trove of wiki goodness available to them...its almost like another game

gogo

#2857 Androdion

Androdion

Radon Master

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

What's the deal with the Denderan's Reserve bug we've noticed (the one where it had a bonus to Exalted Warrior)? I know you said you corrected it with the Diablo Mod, but what about vanilla Ice and Blood? Shouldn't you leave a note about the bug on the Wiki page for the set?

#2858 Flix

Flix

Modimus Prime

• FDM Moderator
  • 3,128 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:06 PM

What's the deal with the Denderan's Reserve bug we've noticed (the one where it had a bonus to Exalted Warrior)? I know you said you corrected it with the Diablo Mod, but what about vanilla Ice and Blood? Shouldn't you leave a note about the bug on the Wiki page for the set?

Thanks.  I reminded myself like 10 times to add that to the page.

Here's how the page for Denderan's Reserve reads now:

• In Ice & Blood, this item had its Concentration bonus replaced with Exalted Warrior Focus. This was certainly a bug, because set items in Sacred 2 do not normally have modifiers for other characters on them. Since this modifier is invisible for most players, the bug was not caught and as of Community Patch 1.50 it remains unfixed.

The main set page has a similar note under "About the Set".

#2859 Androdion

Androdion

Radon Master

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 06:08 PM

Tip top as always mate, you're the best!  :bow:

#2860 gogoblender

gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 32,155 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

Thanks.  I reminded myself like 10 times to add that to the page.

Here's how the page for Denderan's Reserve reads now:

• In Ice & Blood, this item had its Concentration bonus replaced with Exalted Warrior Focus. This was certainly a bug, because set items in Sacred 2 do not normally have modifiers for other characters on them. Since this modifier is invisible for most players, the bug was not caught and as of Community Patch 1.50 it remains unfixed.

The main set page has a similar note under "About the Set".

Thanks for the elucidatory edit Flix!

gogo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users