2855 replies to this topic

#21 gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,500 posts
  • Platform:PC

Posted 12 October 2007 - 03:19 PM

Welcome aboard Tim!
And (foof) I've just finished entering all the Combat Arts into a new Category which can be found at the bottom of every Combat Art Description.

http://darkmatters.o...p5/Blazing_Disc

138 entries later...job done, and now the wiki spins out all Combat Arts according to alphabetical order.
Nice for peeps who find a combat art and then just want to look up the page for it fast.

:)

gogo

#22 Shard

Indium Shaman

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 October 2007 - 02:55 PM

Hi :cow_white:
I'll start to work on the Attributes, considering that it was my first work to corret and extend NightWolfe's analysis of them (SIF). I'll rely on part of her work (I'll ask permission ofc) that I hadn't the time to check.

#23 Csaszar

D.a.r.k. Sacred Underworld Ladder Champion

• Fellowship
  • 431 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 04:43 AM

Hi :viking:

Finishing the demon sets and working on the modifiers.
My Signature

Posted Image

Clan Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#24 Genenut

The D.a.r.k Genealogist

• Fellowship
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 07:41 AM

I will try and get pics of uniques tonight. Is there a set size we are going for with the images (ie 200x300. etc) and is there a particular level we are trying to get a pic of them in (ie bronze, silver, niob)?

I've never edited a wiki page so I may be back with questions on how to upload to the site. Or is there someone to send the pics to instead?

Dawn (genenut)
My Signature

Guildwars1 Main Character is Lady Jade Greye, Come visit the guildhall - I have fireworks ;-)
Posted Image

#25 Shard

Indium Shaman

• Sacred Wiki Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 01:49 PM

Attributes done, I'll work a bit on the "formulae and calculator" page as soon as I can.

#26 gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,500 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 02:29 PM

Hey guys

Gene, currently we don't have enough room on the server to host all our own images, and our current host is a bit too pricey to afford more space with them. We're shopping around for better pricing on hosting packages, and in a few months, we'll be changing hosters with bigger capacity and then we'll have the room. For now, the wiki allows external hosting, and you can use bucket.
Good luck on the daemon mods, Csaszar, and Shard...nice work on the Attributes. Great baseline for everyone else to build upon. Fantastic debut entry work to the wiki.

+++

:lol:

gogo

#27 gial

Prismatic Enchanter

• Fellowship
  • 798 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:07 AM

Took my first quick tour (self guided) of the wiki tonite. Wow! I'll try to apply some of what I know about the WE over the next couple of nights.

As with genenut, I have no wiki experience so please bear with me as I struggle to learn.

#28 gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,500 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:41 AM

Excellent Gial.
Hey..it's a fantastic learning experience for all of us.
One sentence at a time...the way wiki's are built.
We're all friends here, and a bit part of building the wiki is being to help each other out.

;)

gogo

#29 Schot

DarkMatter's Imagineer

• Administrator
  • 8,561 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 03:26 AM

Ah great stuff everyone! ;)

Just a quick reminder of the very useful help pages on our wiki:
Help:Contents

Cheers gang!

#30 ~Night.Wolfe~

Head Admin Wolfe's Lair Site

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 09:28 AM

I did a quest list yesterday and a basic guideline about quests.... in case anyone missed it so no need to figure out a new one in another area ;)

I was trying to just copy the HTML from my website to make it easier but that didn't work so well and I ended up having to remove a lot of the formatting because the coding was appearing in the final work. So if anyone feels motivated and wants to clean it up a tad I have no objections... I am still figuring out this whole wiki thing and it doesn't seem to offer many tool presets. Yep I admit it I am lazy and I never learned to just write HTML straight out.... I use Frontpage to do the coding for me and although I understand most of it and can edit the HTML, remembering it all just to type it out manually is impossible hehe.

On another note... anyone working on doing unique items.... you can't hotlink from mine but you are welcome to save any of the images you may need and re-host them yourselves for use on the Wiki. I wish I could let you hotlink them since that would solve your image hosting problem but unfortunately it is against my GameSpy user agreement ;)
My Signature

Posted Image

#31 Llama8

Sacred International Forum Moderator

• Members
  • 3,924 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 11:02 AM

Having finally pulled my finger out, I've done most of the BM sets (excluding the completion bonus values per difficulty 'cause I don't know them & putting the completion bonuses into the tables, though I think Gogo might have done this one, 'cause I don't know how to do tables). Should have the rest of the BM sets done in a day or two.

I assume that I should also "do" the individual set pieces as well?

#32 Epox

Rhodium Magician

• Fellowship
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:59 AM

I have updatet vamp ca pics "mind control" "wolf" "ripping claws" and "Claws of Death"

I will have that section done buy tomorrow or later

the Knight side is done now added Whirling claw and combat kick pics

http://darkmatters.o.../Whirling_Claws

http://darkmatters.o..._Kick/Vampiress

#33 gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,500 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:15 PM

wow, so many peeps now all helping out... wiki's growing in leaps and bounds! Nightwolfe, your contribution to the quests is fantastic! If you're looking for some good formating, check out Nihilith's code in his Timers section. He used some great code which produced dots and indenting which could be of help.
Llama, yup, go for the uniques, if you have more stufff to add, if you think you'd be able to add the content, that would be fantastic. And regarding the tables, I will forward your pm to me about your questions regarding them to Csaszar who made the tables...hopefully he'll have some feedback for you no that.
BTW, some more applause to Obsession for his steadfast filling in of data in the Armor templates...good job!
Claire, has begun the very huge, tedious work of bringing guides over from our forum. We will soon be killing discussion pages in SacredWiki, so at to funnel all the energy and critiques and advice to a much seksier talkpage...our forum!
And...lol...Epox is that you adding pics to all the Combat Arts?
Very nice work there dude. We're slowly filling in all the holes, and of course, polishing pics and content is never ending job with the wiki...so keep going!
:D

gogo

#34 erialc

Copper Fortune-Teller

• Fellowship
  • 5,749 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 12:25 PM

The amount of work that everyone has contributed so far floors me...it's astounding!

Posted Image

:D :) :bow:

My Signature

Posted Image

#35 Epox

Rhodium Magician

• Fellowship
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 03:22 PM

okay the vampiress "knight side and vamp side done"!!

okay just finish the Gladiator pics for Combat Arts also

#36 Schot

DarkMatter's Imagineer

• Administrator
  • 8,561 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 07:21 PM

Nicely done Epox. :) And everyone!

#37 gial

Prismatic Enchanter

• Fellowship
  • 798 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:31 PM

Added a brief "Combat Basics" linked from the index, and a few WE CA tweaks.

I plan on taking the WE set stuff I sent to gogo last month and bringing it into the wiki tomorrow night.

This is almost as much fun as playing the game -- hehe.

Almost forgot -- I have a question. I was able to figure out how to link to another wiki page, but it seems to me it would be nice to be able to link terms to the glossary. Is there a way to link to a '#' reference on another page and have it display correctly and also work? I tried a few things but couldn't make it go.

Edited by gial, 17 October 2007 - 10:37 PM.

#38 Epox

Rhodium Magician

• Fellowship
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 17 October 2007 - 10:52 PM

thx Schot glad to take my paparatis super spy cam 1000 deluxe for ya service :twitch:

oh and UglyBill became sexy (the glads name)

#39 gogoblender

Dark Sun Guardian

• Administrator
  • 31,500 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 02:03 AM

Addicts you two.... gotta love it!
yeah adding stuff is great fun...and getting a handle on the codes is always great...learning new stuff is always a pleasure.
Gial, regarding the Glossary, it looks like you've got a handle on it.
If you want some ideas on how others have done their glossary, check out how they code over at

www.guildwiki.com

They're the best
:twitch:

gogo

#40 Genenut

The D.a.r.k Genealogist

• Fellowship
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 05:30 PM

okay I have a bunch of uniques that I can add pics of and the text so I can remember what each does. But I have never edited a wiki page. Is there a noobies guide somewhere that I can read? I know basic HTML but I could really use a wiki guide. I have space for the pics on another site I have. I just need a guide to editing.

I have done dirty coding in that I have lifted code from others and edited to suit my needs but I would really love an idiots guide to wiki.

I have added a page for battlemage and seraphin uniques. I will work tommorrow on getting more of the stuff listed. Just want it to sit for 24 hours incase others have a diff way they want it set up.

Edited by Genenut, 18 October 2007 - 06:18 PM.

My Signature

Guildwars1 Main Character is Lady Jade Greye, Come visit the guildhall - I have fireworks ;-)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users